|
Author Topic:   The evil that is the ICQ Pager
JVortex
posted October 10, 2001 01:28 AM            
how do i shut this stupid thing off??? it bugs the hell outta me. some days i get the pager throwing messages up at me multiple times a minute, other days its only every so often. ive asked a couple people and they said theirs never comes up at all.

ive looked thru the prefs and cant find a way to shut it down. how do i get to be one of those lucky enough to never see the pager window come up?

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

Rex R
posted October 10, 2001 02:01 AM            
if you can go the news group route, there are a number of icq news groups, unmoderated and usually have few if any ties to icq...(nudge nudge wink etc)

IP:

JVortex
posted October 10, 2001 10:44 AM            
no news group access.... any other thoughts?

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 10, 2001 12:07 PM         
In advanced mode:
ICQ->Preferences->Security+Privacy->Ignore->Do not accept WWWPager messages.

IP:

JVortex
posted October 11, 2001 12:57 AM            
THANK YOU!!!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 11, 2001 01:11 AM            
I usually don't mind taking a half-min out of my time to go see the website there advertising

IP:

JVortex
posted October 11, 2001 11:21 AM            
well over 1/2 the time the ones i get are just adds about so and so really wants me to come and see them do something naughty. most of the rest of them have to do with making $10,000 by the end of next week...

IP:

Rex R
posted October 11, 2001 08:17 PM            
you mean the ones where you stuff e-envelopes with e-mail?

IP:

VorDesigns
posted October 24, 2001 01:04 PM            
Uh, hate to show my age, but I was a beta tester for ICQ.
Most of the testers were babblers and just wanted to try out the new toy.
The e-mail feature was kinda cool, don't know what it's like now, but you would get the message header and first few lines. You could delete mail off the server from ICQ and then get less junk mail when you opened your std client.
When I moved from Win9x to NT, ICQ wouldn't run on it so I just stopped using it. Still have a profile I think.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
http://www.ssgnet.com

IP: