|
Author Topic:   A couple of stupid questions
Thorax
posted October 06, 2001 09:55 PM            
1. Is there any way of knowing whether there are real players on any of the servers before actually going there?

2. Lingo: I get LAG, but what is LOL?

I'm having a blast, I've been playing TM for a long time now, since the first demo hooked me. But I've only recently joined the multiplayer games... hey you guys are good,,, real good... now I'm spoiled, I don't want to battle the artificials when there's such real talent on the treads.

See ya on the field!

Thorax

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 06, 2001 10:11 PM            
1. In the internet servers menu. It lists info for each server: "name", "map", "tanks", "mode", "time", "ping".

Click on a server, and for each server it lists different information beneath the internet servers menu. It lists "ver:", "bots:", "TL:" and others...

look at where it says bots and see if the number of bots equals the number of "tanks" in the internet menu screen.

2. lol = lauging out loud

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 07, 2001 04:35 AM         
Or simply download the Master Client from the BWL site - dunno whether LDA are still offering it for download, too - that one lets you see the total number of players on all server (thus helping with the decision whether to play at all) and also lets you easily determine the number of players on a specific server. Best thing about it is that you don't have to launch Tread Marks to get that info.

IP:

Thorax
posted October 07, 2001 09:23 AM            
BOOM STICK!

Thanks guys

IP: