|
Author Topic:   video driver
KONG
posted June 03, 2001 09:23 PM            
does anyone know where i can get a driver for rage pro that works well with tm

IP:

peeeto
posted June 05, 2001 12:56 AM         
there is no driver for the rage pro that works for TM. it is a problem with the ATI driver, not TM. hardware accel. with the rage pro will not work for some other opengl programs, such as Blender.

good thing is that you can get very good gfix cards for little $$$ nowadays. i can recommend any TNT2-based gfix card for TM. look on ebay

IP:

KONG
posted June 05, 2001 01:14 AM            
Been using the ati church driver,it works, just wondered if their was something better.
kinda hard to upgrade a laptop.

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 05, 2001 06:29 AM         
Unless the Laptop's CPU is very fast (which it presumably is not, given the graphics chipset that is installed), you are not going to have much fun with an OpenGL wrapper, either...

Might be worth a try, though, if the CPU is faster than, say, 500MHz.

Guys, you should really go and get a 3DRevelator from ELSA. Cheap, but ultimate.

OpenGL support has become more than decent with the new drivers and it's simply unbelievable how much depth those add to TM/UT/Q2/Q3/HL/VtMR/GLDoom/GLQuake - just about everything 3D.

I tried to play TM with them on last night (again, some might remember) and it was a blast. The fire my tank was spewing most of the time actually hurt my eyes! Well, and aiming was a bit easier, I have to admit.

If you've got a decent monitor (supporting >=100Hz at the resolution your running TM under) plus any fairly recent NVidia graphics chipset (your framerate will drop to about 1/2 to 2/3 of what you usually get), those little glasses are definitely worth the buy.

Beware of the mouse cursor in TM, though - one of the few bad things I've seen.

IP: