|
Author Topic:   AUTO TAUNT IN TM
Bartholomule
posted March 10, 2001 06:24 PM         
I love the products you put out, I recently purchased TM 1.5 in the store. The game is great, but it is missing one thing, an optional auto taunt feature. I belive that gloating after you have destroyed your opponent, complaining/mocking your opponent after being hit or killed, etc. would add a good level of fun and competition to Tread Mark battles. Since the tanks are supposed to be AI you could use personas such as the answering machine type voice, the telephone company type voice, space odesey 2001 style voice, and other famous "computer generated" personas. I believe that this chatter would make competitions seem more cahotic and would add an even more personal touch to players by allowing them to chose an auto taunt persona they identify with most. In order to eliminate obsinity and cut down on starting lag, this optional feature would not be able to be modified by players. so like the tanks, LDA would have to make a fairly wide selection of personas. (I say optoinal so people with slow connections have the option of not sending or recieving auto taunts that would take up a portion of their bandwidth) Is there any posiblity for LDA to publish a patch for TM 1.X that would accomplish this? or inclulde it in 2.X?

[This message has been edited by Bartholomule (edited March 18, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bartholomule (edited March 18, 2001).]

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted March 11, 2001 08:54 AM            
Exactly...

We've toyed with the idea and have been planning on doing something like this....it's just a matter of finding the time

Jim

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 18, 2001 02:19 AM            
i was having a similar idea too, I was thinking people should actually talk to each other while playing TM in real time with microphones. So, basically take chat up to that next level. But the sounds thing is cool too. I would want my taunt to say "peekaboo", thats my pitch for the new "peekaboo sound.

kinda like when the pikachu on pokemon gets mad he says "pikaCHHHUUUU" I would like "pikaBBOOOO".
------------------
TM Bios

[This message has been edited by coax (edited March 18, 2001).]

IP:

Bartholomule
posted March 18, 2001 10:17 PM         
Being able to chat would be cool, but unfortunately, sending sound over the internet is not yet widely feasable; most people have slow internet connetions, and chatting while playing a game would take up too much of their bandwidth. The audio would either be extemely poor quality, choppy, or delayed because of cacheing time which would make any comments made be heard out of context. On the other hand, sending a simple command to play a prerecorded sound file would take up very little bandwidth. Yes, chat would be cool, but since I don't think it is feasable, I suggested this instead.

IP: