|
Author Topic:   Visual C++
CyberX
posted March 14, 2000 02:03 PM            
I'm just programming C and I love it !!!
but I've got VIsual C++ but I'm having serious problems geting into VC++ programming

like:
int CMainFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct)
{ if (CMDIFrameWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1;
if (!m_wndToolBar.CreateEx(this, TBSTYLE_FLAT, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBRS_TOP | CBRS_GRIPPER | CBRS_TOOLTIPS | CBRS_FLYBY | CBRS_SIZE_DYNAMIC) | |
dToolBar.EnableDocking(CBRS_ALIGN_ANY);
EnableDocking(CBRS_ALIGN_ANY);
DockControlBar(&m_wndToolBar);

return 0;
}
I'm used to the ANSI C and not windows is there an easy way to learn it (I'm 14 and from holland) so it has to be easy to read

anyone?

CyberX

IP:

Kaeto
posted March 14, 2000 09:55 PM            
AAGGG!!! MS STYLE CODE!!! * chokes on his tongue *

IP:

CyberX
posted March 15, 2000 11:40 AM            
does anyone has the awnser?

And Seumas we all hope you get better real soon becouse we all need you to help us with our programming problems (that is one of the 100 reasons SO PLEASE GET BETTER!!)

CyberX

IP:

Kaeto
posted March 15, 2000 05:15 PM            
After spending a ton of money on books/etc, and asking some professional programmers tons of questions, I still can't program Win32 for ****. I wish I could help ya, but, ya know, I'm pretty stupid

IP:

Michael P. Welch
posted March 15, 2000 10:11 PM            
Let's see if I can help...

Suggestion #1: Don't bother with MFC... It's awful for game coding, and it ports like crap to MacOS and Linux.
Suggestion #2: Buy these two books: _Programming Windows 95_ by Charles Petzold and _WIN32 Programming API Bible_ by Richard Simon.
Suggestion #3: If you absolutely MUST program a complex GUI Windows app, just use Delphi or VB.

It took me 2 years of programming in Windows to realize that I was being brainwashed by Microsoft. Just try to understand the basics of the Win32 API(not MFC), then wrap-up the details and never look back. Take a look at other C/C++ based GUI API's like Motif, GTK, Qt, etc.... You'll realize that knowing MFC or Win32 is no big thing.

You mentioned only using ANSI C... your code snippet uses MFC, and it's heavily C++. Straight Win32 is C only... the book by Petzold will help you a great deal with learning the essence of Windows coding.

IP:

Kaeto
posted March 16, 2000 07:58 AM            
Hey, it's Mike Welch Hehe, you can substitute for Seumas for us dumb people

IP:

CyberX
posted March 16, 2000 11:05 AM            
thanks everybody :-] , I'm going to learn w32 api now.

CyberX

IP: