|
Author Topic:   TM sounds?
DarkFrog
posted January 26, 2000 11:09 PM            
I am close to the dealine (3 days) on my game, Seido, and was wondering if I could use some of the sounds from Tread Marks in my game. Keeping in mind that it's a school project, and I give credits to whomever you want me to. It would be a great help if you did.
Thanks
DarkFrog

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted January 27, 2000 12:10 AM            
It would be better not to.

We purchased raw sound effects libraries and modified them, so I'd have to check it out in more detail before I could say for sure.

Do a search on google and you should come up with a lot of free Fx on the net.

IP:

DarkFrog
posted January 27, 2000 04:16 AM            
ok, well, thank you for replying so soon.

IP:

DarkFrog
posted February 26, 2000 04:36 PM            
Hi again, here's the situation, Seido may be my ticket into DigiPen (translation: kick-ass 4-year game programming institute), and I need to submit my application soon. The sounds are currently the temps I've had in for awhile (TM sounds, sorry I just needed place-holders so I wouldn't go crazy from the silence!), I've done some looking around though, and I really can't find any other sounds that work well or sound so good (and most sounds in-game have their pitch changed randomly anyway, along with combo-sounds, making thousands of sounds that are very different from the source sounds), anyway, I was wondering if I could please, please, please, use the place-holders on the copy I will send to DigiPen, this is not a public release in any way, it's just to show them what I have done in the past, you would recieve full credit for the sounds I use if you allow me to. I beg of you, it could make a difference in helping me get in, and if Seido did ever go into public release, I would be sure to find replacement sounds, but right now time is kinda tight, ya know?

So, what is your verdict?

Thanks
Austin Spafford
DarkFrog
President (and only member) of FrogTech

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted February 26, 2000 10:18 PM            
OK ....school project only....with obvious credits....so as not to deceive the school.

The sound files were purchased outright then heavily modified by us....thus copyright to us.

...and of course, we expect you to send us a copy of your work for us to review

IP: