|
Author Topic:   File Archive Perl CGI Script?
LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted December 24, 1999 05:06 PM           
I wonder if anyone out there could give me a hand finding something, or possibly offering to develop something for us?

What I would like is a PERL-CGI based File Archive Management Script. Mainly for small files (I'm thinking of DX-Ball 2 board sets created by users, and small modifications to Tread Marks such as new Insignia Flags, weapon models, tank entities, etc.), I would like a script which would allow users to upload ZIP files through their browser to a file library on our web site. Once uploaded the files would be hidden, until a Moderator was able to check them out (preferably through the Web as well), and declare them Safe, at which point they would automatically be added to a dynamically generated page or pages where they could be downloaded by other people.

I know uploading from a browser using a PERL-CGI script is possible, and I've found a few simple scripts to do it, but none of them have any notion of a large file archive and having files hidden before being OKAYed by moderators. Does anyone know if this type of more advanced script exists? Or might you know of someone (or be someone) who could create such a thing under contract?

Thanks for any info,

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

KC
posted January 16, 2000 11:41 AM            
My MTM Site does that very thing.
Originaly it was all Perl in cgi-bin.
I have sence converted most over to .asp files using VBscript and an Access database.
It much faster and far easier to edit the database of info on each file.
To see the new .asp version, look at the MTM2 '99 tracks or Trucks sections.
To see the old cgi-bin only version, look at the MTM1 tracks section.
Both sections at http://vales.com/mtm

Drop me an e-mail and I'll explain what I can to you.

IP:

Hbringer
posted January 16, 2000 10:42 PM            
Would you be interested in getting WONswap support for TreadMarks? I work at WON.net on the WONswap project and would be more than happy to discuss it with you, Seumas.

If you want to see WONswap in action, check out:
http://wonswap.won.net

Basically, WONswap is a one-click upload and download system with compression. The client IS an initial ~600-700k download; but after that it works for all games and all files that WONswap supports - so long as you have that game installed.

Take care!

--Noel "HB" Wade
noel.wade@won.net

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 17, 2000 03:32 PM            
Just realized who KC is...
When I used to play MTM 1 I dld about 8 megs a DAY from your site... I got every track there was... Thank you for that site so much

IP: