|
Author Topic:   Errg
CheshireCat
posted November 09, 1999 11:09 AM            
In all of my OpenGL apps, on a Guillemot Xentor 32 (TNT2 Ultra), after being run a couple of times they stop working. Every time I run them after about the third, the window comes up (or full-screen), and remains blank. The apps, however, work fine on a TNT, and on a Permidea 2. The really frustrating part is that Q3 doesn't seem to have this problem on the TNT2 Ultra (I have yet to try Tread Marks on the card, I'll prolly do that tonight.). Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong in my init/uninit routines that could be causing this?

To start the apps, I create window with the styles; WS_POPUP, WS_VISIBLE, WS_CLIPCHILDREN , and WS_CLIPSIBLINGS - using a window class with CS_OWNDC specified. I then Get the DC of the window and use Choose and Set Pixelformat to set it up with 16 bit color depth, double buffering, and PFD_DRAWTOWINDOW, PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL, and PFD_RGBA specified. I do a wglCreateContext on the DC, and then use wglMakeCurrent on it.

For uninit, I call wglMakeCurrent on NULL, then call wglDeleteContex, and do a ReleaseDC on the DC of the main window.

Sick of rebooting,
CheshireCat

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted November 13, 1999 08:39 AM           
Have you tried installing nVidia's Detonator Drivers, rather than the ones from the board manufacturer?

And do try Tread Marks, one game developer claimed that running Tread Marks "fixed" their system for some reason after their game stopped running after enough crashes in the debugger. <shrug>

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

CheshireCat
posted November 23, 1999 05:48 PM            
Welp, I tried TM, and it had the same problems. So I installed the detonator drivers, and everything still had problems. So, "deltree c:\windows", and "g:\setup", and now everything works =]

I'm still really curious as to why Q3 never had any problems in either situation, ah well.

CheshireCat

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted November 24, 1999 12:21 AM           
Windows is a strange and fickle beast.

Glad you got it working.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP: