|
Author Topic:   Who is who
ostra
posted September 10, 1999 03:11 PM            
Hi!
I thought it could be a good idea to start a thread talking about this bulletin board members. So here I go.
My name is Marco Mustapic, I live in Argentina, I am 22 years old and saddly I don't work making computer games. I work for a consultant firm, and know I'm coding some stuff in Java for JPMorgan bank. I attend Buenos Aires University, and I'm studying Computer Science. Games are like a hobby for me know (well, more than a hobby) and I hope some day I could earn some money for doing it . There is practicaly no videogame industry in my country,so for now I'm stuck with the bank stuff. With some friends and my girfriend we have established Neurosys (www.neurosys.com.ar), our game developing "company", and we are working in our first game, which is in its VERY early stages. Not much can be done in our spare time considering one has to work and study.
Ok, I hope others will also post info about them.
By!
Marco

IP:

CheshireCat
posted September 15, 1999 06:43 PM            
'Alo =]

My name is Jason Earp, and I live in California. My job of the last several years has been a programming position with a company named Tiburon. We write software for public safety agencies (Police departments, Fire departments, Jails, and courts for the most part). Working with games would probably be far more enjoyable =] I've thought of applying to the various game companies as a junior programmer - but I don't really want to get stuck as a grunt pragrammer working on someone else's projects again. For me, programming is only somewhat fun - the design is the real joy (They do overlap somewhat - but a lot of grunt programmers are basically what to do down to the most precise level). So, I'm making small games in my spare time instead, to satisfy me. After having done the obligitory tetris, pong, and invader clones, I've started on a slightly larger project - that isn't a clone of something else =]

CheshireCat

IP: