|
Author Topic:   Java
Dudymas
posted August 11, 2000 01:07 PM            
Okay, i'm going to start trying to program in java, scorched earth 2000 is a java game that inspired me...

i have a C++ and i wondered if i should buy a book on java?

Plus, where is a good place to get sample code and, FANFARE, PARTICLE SYSTEM SAMPLE CODE!!!

thnx much,

------------------
.I'm Not Klutzy!!!!!!!!!.
......I'm Very Over.....
.........Talented........
............:)...........

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 16, 2000 11:38 AM            
Does this mean that no one knows?

DOH, oh well, i bet i'll find some particle system stuff soon.

IP:

Dreamer
posted August 18, 2000 12:43 PM         
I don't know, at least...

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

azurensces
posted September 03, 2000 05:01 PM            
I know!

http://www.gamelan.com

go to source code, applets etc

there is more code there than you can code in many lifetimes... and i dare wager, some particle system code

let me know....

az@azure-online.com
http://www.azure-online.com/az

l8r

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 04, 2000 10:44 PM            
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, thanks a lot, now all i need is for my dad to buy me a unix/linux SGI system that costs 500k in dollars because i want it to have three wildcat vid cards, enough ram to add a turbo fan on the back of it in order to keep things cool, unless he buys me one of those mainframe cooling systems that works with super cooled fluids, . Then he'll buy me some 14k headphones from www.headphones.com err something like that, not sure on the website, :P. Then i need some rose tinted glasses, two gallons of cookie dough, a 41 inch 26 dpi moniter that a lcd screen, oh, and a lcd stylus pad too, and a top of the line t3 line with.... oh sorry, i have those days when i get too happy for my own good,

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 04, 2000 10:57 PM            
Azurensces... can you give me your real world adress so i can come and hug you? LOL, i'm kinda stupid for not trying that search engine, :P.

IP:

azurensces
posted September 07, 2000 05:47 AM            
Real world address, Acton, London - as for the Hug - none needed, all I want is support and help with creating the virtual world that we all dream about. U know, terrain, space, fiery effects, buildings, people, etc

For money at the moment tho I do web pages in the big city

l8r, az

also - anybody up for some Q3A sometime?

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 07, 2000 07:28 AM            
We play on TM all the time since you can't goof off enough in Arena

IP:

azurensces
posted September 07, 2000 12:13 PM            
I'll have to go and get a copy first! - but I will, and then I should be able to join the 'we' in your reply....

sooner

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 07, 2000 03:28 PM            
Ah, i would love to see that day soon...

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 01, 2000 05:28 PM            
Have you bought it yet.... it's a fat chance you'll check this board again, but i have to ask,

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 23, 2000 05:44 PM         
He's gone, dudy.

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 29, 2000 04:58 PM            
I'm gonna have to sing a song to you, Dreamer... though it is an american joke (as far as i know) and you might not get it:

"You've lost that LOOOOOVIN FEEEEELING, that LOOOOOOVIN FEEEEELING, Woahooohhh!"

IP:

azurensces
posted November 11, 2000 05:41 PM            
No - have not bought it yet, feel ashamed - just to busy at work to play another game - but still plan to get it sometime.

How is the Java going?

Basically - what have you all been up to?

I'm working hard on Java applications that work over the web and uses Java Applets for the front end (in a browser window - multiple frames) and Java Servlets for the middle tier, with a Oracle 8 database at the back end.

Not as enlightened as building virtual worlds - but it pays the bills and is quite interesting....

anyway - just my ripple in this vast intellectual pond

may bliss find you all

az-boy

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 11, 2000 07:08 PM            
I have swiftly changed gear... windows now crashes too much, i need dsl, and more stuff like that before i even DARE delve into the kinda programming and graphics making required to make a java game like wht i want... i mean, let's face it, when your graphics program crashes after you've just done one hour of work, it's no longer funny how incredably sad M$ !@#%&! is, it's a joke that causes excesive compulsive disorders in bashing Micro!#$^ boxes in software retailers and cussing incesantly for hours under your breath to out loud when someone mentions the words "Microsoft Works." Let's face it, i'm more into getting mandrake linux than programmin, since they both need each other, and Windows can only go against development of any kind, and ESPECIALLY servers, UGH... I think i'm gonna die if some fool at school supports M$ ever again *Begins thinking of explosions, atom bombs, cyanide, fires, sisters, parents with tight curfews, etc.*. That's what i always hate, some egotistical fool who thinks he knows the 'way'... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, kill kill kill kill, oh sorry, i'm getting carried away again... must think of Tread Marks, the only reason i still have Winblows, err Windows... sorry! *COUGH*NOT*COUGH*

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted November 13, 2000 08:51 AM            
Dudy...anyone ever tell you that you're nuts?

*leaves forum still trying to figure out what all Dudy said*

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 17, 2000 05:23 PM            
No, it's just that i'm special, so there :

IP: