|
Author Topic:   Where have all the servers gone?
VorDesigns
posted May 17, 2005 02:24 AM            
?

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com/tm

IP:

kv
posted May 17, 2005 08:19 AM            
if you're going to post about this every time it happens, could you at least be a little more descriptive?

There's probably a network issue somewhere. The servers are still up, just unable to respond.

I emailed Jim, but I don't know if anything can be done.

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted May 17, 2005 10:50 AM            
Robo's servers are down Until I purchase new memory
Sorry

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 17, 2005 01:56 PM            
My servers are down due to remodelling.

But my web server is up and running as well as my mysql server, and my ftp server.

the vncserver on my file server is working as well as the file server itself.

My resteraunt server is also working, she brought over my lunch before.

Martina fired off a wicked overhead lob, so that server is fine, well, it wasn't out-of-bounds.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited May 17, 2005).]

IP:

kv
posted May 17, 2005 03:25 PM            
and to continue:

the forum's server seems to be working properly.

i'm connected to ICQ's server system.

the IRC server i'm connected to is working properly (for now).

are you connected to a server hosting a page linked to from slashdot? it may have gone down due to traffic.

Napster's servers were taken down awhile ago, but they put some new ones up recently.

Google is responding correctly, so that's not it...

It doesn't look like there is a problem with any of the internet's backbone servers either.

does that cover most of it?

IP:

VorDesigns
posted May 17, 2005 05:34 PM            
1. I noted that all of the LDA servers were missing for sveral days which was odd because that usually meant I didn't see anything but I could and currently only see Dinocrhome, hallsted i am, Stock Server (somebody volunteered), CTF Joust and the LDA Community Server Pack.
Robo accounts for three to five of the other seven or eight I usually see in the mix including the LDA basic server which I thought LDA was supposed to keep running for e-games or some such.

2. Tessera, Dulcinea, Pogo, StyleEyesDev, VMW2K, SSGDC01, SSGVS02, Ike, Shinmen, Miyamoto, SSGNT6, GET100, GET200, GET101, GET102, LagunaGW, sorsha, mail.vordesigns.com, Sienna, Sorrento, Verona, Genoa and Naples all seem to functioning within their perspective parameters.

3. I haven't seen my server so could somebody send her my way, I don't have time to wait for her to finish shooting up in the bathroom.

[This message has been edited by VorDesigns (edited May 17, 2005).]

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted May 17, 2005 06:09 PM            

IP:

pablito
posted May 17, 2005 07:15 PM            
I have also noticed for the last couple of days what Vor wrote. (servers missing including LDA).
I just checked and there are about 5 servers on (lda and ranked ddm) included.

IP:

VorDesigns
posted May 18, 2005 02:58 AM            
I think my sniveling had something to do with it but, I've been ignored before.

I'll keep Dinochrome up except when I need all my ponies for a big file transfer, otherwise, I never notice except to see the lights on its router flashing.

I think that treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com will show a server status regardless of whether the LDA master server is running.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 18, 2005 05:55 AM            
For the record, i am not currently running any TM servers.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 18, 2005 08:43 AM            
That is correct, my site will show the server status regardless of the master server status.

IP: