|
Author Topic:   TMLogScan 3.9.2 alert! server ops please read
KiLlEr
posted May 11, 2005 09:20 AM            
Due to a bug fix in a dll I had to do, you may need to reboot after the auto update runs.

I will be rolling it out at 9:15am EST.

This version uses a new feature that allows an event notification to be sent to all logscanned TM servers that are:

1) server is up and running
2) logscan is up and running
3) have webcommands enabled

To enable webcommands:

1) in the main logscan interface, click on the "Tools"
2) then "Web Command"
3) then "Enable web command listener"

If the item "Enable web command listener" is not in the menu, then you already have it enabled.

Webcommands use ports 10000 and 10001 by default. You can change this by clicking on "Tools"->"Web Command"->"Set Web Command Port Numbers".
Don't forget to open up ports 10000 and 10001 (or what you've changed the ports to) on your firewall.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited May 11, 2005).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 11, 2005 09:36 AM            
UPdate rolled out.

LDA Community, Hallsted, and Dinochrome are fine.

BZP's server needs to allow the new version to access the internet (silly sygate )

Robo's servers seems to be down and did not update.

The following servers donot have webcommands enabled and will not recieve event notifications:
- Dinochrome
- Hallsted
- IIRC, Robo's servers also donot have it enabled but I can't check it since they're down. (at least LS is)

Now whenever an event is going to happen, messages will be sent to all logscanned servers (that have webcommnds enabled and are up and running) every 2 minutes starting from 30mins before the match.

The message will contain the ip and port of the sever the event will be on, except for servers that have thier ip and ports hidden.

Private servers are completely excluded.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 11, 2005 05:21 PM            
Got it...access granted.

IP:

VorDesigns
posted May 11, 2005 09:55 PM            
Hmm, that's strangee, TML says it's enabled.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 11, 2005 11:50 PM            
make sure the ports are not blocked by a firewall.

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted May 12, 2005 07:14 AM            
The PC Runing the servers is throwing a wobbley at the moment.
memtest found some errors but moving the ram to
another slot seemed to fix it.
Ill set up my firewall/servers when I get home tonight

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 12, 2005 09:09 AM            
ah corrosion. Its a good idea to polish the oxidixation off the contacts of the ram modules and pci cards with a pencil eraser every now and so often. Especially if you touched the contacts and got some finger prints on them.

IP: