|
Author Topic:   Sunday 5/1/05, 8 EST 5 PST 1 GMT, it's RACING!!
kv
posted April 30, 2005 01:27 PM            
This week, it's racing. Server will be up shortly.

IP:

Rex R
posted May 01, 2005 09:27 PM            
and we had a decent turn out, which made it fun. though it did get a bit odd, there I was leading on the serpent with bombs bursting, shells exploding etc. all around me, when it got real quiet...methinks the pack missed a turn .

IP:

posted May 01, 2005 11:59 PM            
Nah...we were busy fighting among ourselves. Now the wind chill race was fun. I was in last and ended winning, though I do wonder what Rex and Teulk were doing to allow me to win.

And Rex you left before the moon race, which I started out 1st but ended up drifting away.

And the Luge...John and his drawf flying out for the run...LOL

The particpants were: Rex, Teulk, John, Harmless, Corpse, Tank Mod, and 666. See you again next month for the fun.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 02, 2005 09:17 AM            
Results are up:
http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/main.php?page=Events/results.php&group=Events&uid=&

I should point out that you need to pick "Racing" for the event, and May 2nd for teh date.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited May 02, 2005).]

IP:

pablito
posted May 02, 2005 09:52 AM            
that's very neat. Is racing the only server w/ stats..(what about ranked DDM & clan wars?)

IP:

Teulk
posted May 02, 2005 10:41 AM            
Set up like the DDM ladder--only the first three count--
Mayhap for racing, it should be extended a little--seeing as it only takes about 4-6 minutes per "event"??
Just my 2c--Canadian, that is!!

IP:

kv
posted May 02, 2005 12:11 PM            
ok, i'll change that.

7 sound good?

4-6 minutes per "round" X 7 matches = 28-42 minutes per event. Still shorter than a DDM, but offers more racing for the event.

IP:

Teulk
posted May 02, 2005 12:29 PM            
Velly nice--ty

IP:

posted May 02, 2005 11:04 PM            
Well, now I am confused. Each race is 2 laps. Sometimes longer or short in time due to the map. So...what is it that folks are talking about?

IP:

kv
posted May 02, 2005 11:14 PM            
I read it as "races are short, so the 3 race event is done too soon"

so, i'm going to extend the number of races included in the event. It will still get done quickly compaired to other events, but at least you get more racing.

IP:

posted May 03, 2005 02:13 AM            
this is on killers' site. I am OK with that.

IP: