|
Author Topic:   TMLogScan new version features
KiLlEr
posted April 29, 2005 05:03 PM            
I'm thinking of starting work on a new feature in the TMLogScan client which will basically let players know, in-game, when an event has started and has ended. I can extended this futher and have the client notify players when the event will start (i.e. start notifying 30mins before event time at 5 min intervals).

Any takes on this? Also, any otehr features you would like to see in LogScan or on my website?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 29, 2005 07:02 PM            
[sound mode="crickets"]

IP:

John B.
posted April 29, 2005 07:51 PM         
Sounds like great ideas to me.

IP:

harmless
posted April 30, 2005 02:43 AM            
ditto here. once it's there, i'm sure it will prove useful.

also, the memory usage on my server has been holding steady since you fixed it. thanks!
my computer has 192MB of RAM. it runs the TM server, LogScan, an mp3 player, and a screensaver 24/7, and free RAM memory is always between 130MB to 140MB. pretty cool.

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 30, 2005 09:18 PM            
Sounds ACE !!, a sound player..... so it overlays the game audio.... 5 minutes to event, 2 minutes to event...... etc

Ingenious !!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 30, 2005 09:31 PM            
hmm. Can't really overlay the audio, but I can pop out a server op message (like for the in-game voting system - speaking of which does anyone use this? you know you can kick players and skip maps )

Also, to make it easier on server ops, I'm going to put an events manager into logscan to set up events. It can use your local time, and then translate it into GMT time before sending the settings to my website. That should make it easier to set up and maintain events.

IP:

pablito
posted May 01, 2005 12:20 AM            
Great ideas!
How about a f1 help feature to recollect the commands for logscan?
(But I thought it wasn't running at LDA?)
UHM... the pop-up messages about events will be as text messages such as when you frag someone? maybe a different color to differentiate the source?

IP:

Rex R
posted May 01, 2005 01:18 AM            
IIRC server msg's are already a different color...serverop willing, he could add a beep though.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 01, 2005 09:24 AM            
I tried using the commands in the game once, they didnt work, i wound up leaving the game to do the job in the server console.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 01, 2005 10:16 AM            
The commands get picked up from the log file so they're not instantanious. Depending on server activity it can take a few seconds (busy server) or up to 5 mins (one player on a server with no AIs, also the max time between scans). So playing by yourself, the comands would take a bit to get read, but when your playing with others its should average out to a minute or two. Of course if you have walking distance access to the server then the commands make no sense for map restarts, but if you're miles away it's a different story.

IP:

pablito
posted May 02, 2005 09:57 AM            
- can the servers be automatically turned on certain time? (for the events)
- can you take screen shots [or at least the results (for clan wars & DDM)] at the end of the game (If it wasn't for Harmless' great cooperation...)
- Can you display the name of the winner of any game with bigger & flashing fonts?

[This message has been edited by pablito (edited May 02, 2005).]

IP:

pablito
posted May 02, 2005 10:01 AM            
ok.. How about:
Since you keep stats and all... can it update automatically all ladder (individual) & clan position stats?? (such as racing)

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 02, 2005 03:04 PM            
1) yes, I can add a timer to logscan to have it turn on/off servers at specfc times, and allow you to modify that configuration via the website as well as from the interface.

2) nope. By the time logscan finds out about the end of the game, its too late. Besides, there is no 'screen' on the server to take aa shot of.

3) Yeap.

4) The site can already do that.
a)To into the ladder admin page in your myboomstick account
b) click on the server you want to add a ladder to
c) Enter a name for the ladder
d) pick a entry in the 'sort by' list, which will be the ranking.
e) Enter a description
f) if you want the ladder to be linked to an event, pick the event from the list on the right hand of the page. (you will need to set up the events before hand)

when a ladder is linked to an event, only the stats that have been collected for that event are used. If its a reoccuring event, the ladder will be cummulative. if you donot link the ladder to an event, it will use the global stats for that server.

IP:

pablito
posted May 03, 2005 09:30 AM            
ty!... I'll play with it as long as you don't mind fixing it (in case I mess up something... doubt it.. but just in case! )
but why won't you say, "it" can do this and that for all of you.. would you want to use it? rather than what do you want from it.. (you above all know its capabilities)

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 03, 2005 11:21 AM            
I've done so several times over the 3-4 years my site has been around.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 05, 2005 11:25 AM            
I've finished adding the EVents maintainance and countdown to logscand and its working well (at least on my XP-based laptop, which is the only machine I have up at the moment).

I'm going to finish up the documentation for it and push out the update tomorrow morning around 9am EST.

The new feature will start working right off the bat.

Also, I've fixed the tmlogscan.log file rotation problem.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 05, 2005 03:08 PM            
The new docs are up for LogScan version 3.9.1, I'll package it up when I get home tonight and make the new version availible for download. The automated update will take place tomorrow morning 9am Eastern.

TMLogScan 3.9.1 docs:
http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/ReadMe.txt

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 05, 2005 05:04 PM            
Koolness!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 05, 2005 07:15 PM            
3.9.1 is up on my site. The server enable/disable schedualing will take a alittle more work, so that'll be in another release.

It seems like no one is on the servers. I;m roling out the new version now.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited May 05, 2005).]

IP: