|
Author Topic:   IFRIT or 85Weapons?
pablito
posted April 26, 2005 12:38 AM            
It hasn't been defined which will it be... IFRIT is non-stock... what about 85?? I can't advertise if I'm not sure what is on...

IP:

posted April 26, 2005 02:06 AM            
well, the game under the heading is ifrit ctf. I want to change the name but killer already had the name in the program. I would advise killer to change the name to ifrit ctf which will mean that he needs to change it in all the other parts that callout 85 weapon.

I like the ifirt ctf. I wish more would try it. It is that fast game in TM. When you advertise it you need to have a link for the mods in the post.

thx

IP:

coaxs
posted April 26, 2005 02:09 AM            
I'm not a fan of ifrit ctf.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 26, 2005 09:15 AM            
666: I told you several times before, there is the registered server name and then there is the displayed name. The server op can change the displayed name in the server admin pages of thier MyBoomstick account. Also, you can put whatever name you want in the dedicated.cfg file, logscan never looks at that. The registered servername is used internally to associate the ip address of the server with an instance of a TM server only. Changing the RSN is simply not necessary, all anyone needs to do is change the displayed name.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited April 26, 2005).]

IP:

pablito
posted April 26, 2005 01:13 PM            
I rather leave this one to Kv because if it was up to me, I'd just keep CTF and racing. (I like IFRIT and if 85weapons is that server from irascible.. then I also like it, but counting the number of replies on this subject, it seems it doesn't matter which one stays on).

IP:

kv
posted April 26, 2005 02:40 PM            
well, if you're going to leave it up to me, i'd prefer to see the server be an 85 weaps DDM server again. As I said before, I was unaware that it wasn't configured that way and was instead a CTF server.

But this is all a moot point until Jim starts the FTP server.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 26, 2005 03:38 PM            
Silly Q, did you EMail Jim? If you didn't get a response, let me know and I'll try raising him.

IP:

pablito
posted April 26, 2005 04:14 PM            
I have 2 weeks of finals and then I'll be ready to worry about everyday events...(I'll advertise them but may not be able to play) You can also alternate IFRIT & 85 every other week?.. or something like that. Sorry 666, I know you like IFRIT.. I like them too but in racing mode.. that's fun.. and when you mix all weapons it's even better..

IP:

posted April 26, 2005 06:43 PM            
be my guest and change it

IP:

kv
posted April 26, 2005 07:11 PM            
for what it's worth, 85 weaps is up in CTF mode. I'll change it to DM after this week.

IP:

posted April 26, 2005 10:49 PM            
Well, be my guest and change it...but make sure that it works...LOL.

So, not sure what was done but the Ifrit server is not playable.

Have fun

IP:

harmless
posted April 27, 2005 12:55 AM            
i could not connect to the ifrit server either.
tried both the 85weapons and the ifrit addons.
i would make the initial connection, but then it would flash, really fast, "map loaded" and "press fire" alternating between them like a strobe effect, endlessly.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 27, 2005 09:31 AM            
hmm sounds like a problem with a tank. Either a corrupted oe missing lwo file, or a missing tank.

IP:

kv
posted April 27, 2005 11:31 AM            
great.... well, at least I have a week to figure out what went wrong.

not having a link to download the pack, I used what was already on the server, so I have no idea if it was correct or not.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 27, 2005 11:40 AM            
Best bet would be to delete the addons folder and re-up the 85weap/pup pack.

Thats what I'd do.

IP:

posted April 28, 2005 01:05 AM            
only if Ras will attend...lol

IP: