|
Author Topic:   Stock CTF Wednesday, 20th April, 8PM PST, 11PM EST (and other LDA comm. server stuff
KiLlEr
posted April 20, 2005 09:13 AM            
(Time for me to light a fire under someone's butt)

I took care of switching the server to the stock CTF. This should always be done the night before, just incase there is a problem.

Also, whats going on with the "85 weapons and power up" (A.k.a. Ifirt racing) server? Is the 85wpns&pwrups pack going to be reinstalled or is the displayed name and event going to change?

IP:

kv
posted April 20, 2005 09:51 AM            
whoa, um...

ok, my bad on the server switching thing. Been real busy lately, totally forgot about it.

I'm a little confused on the second thing. I thought the 85 weaps was properly installed and configured for DDM, and that the racing server was a seperate stock server.

If that isn't the case, then I think i've been misinformed and until now, no one has bothered to tell me.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 20, 2005 12:07 PM            
I thought Pablito was in charge of the weekly events? In anycase, the wrong server was up last night and I didn't notice until this morning. So the Tues. night event was a failure. If you get too busy, just let me or BZP know and we'll take care of switching them for you.

Unless you reinstalled 85 weapons, the server is configured for ifirt racing according to 666. see /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004437.html

There are 2 seperate CTF servers, one is stock and the other is my TeamCTF mod (which I would love to play as soon as I can get set back up after the remodeling, I miss TeamCTF ).

I don't mean to sound too harsh, but anyone expecting the 85 Weapons server to be up last night (configured as 85 weapons and power ups) would have been disappointed. Since there are 2 of you working as the lda community server admins, and you have the option of grabbing me or BZP to take care of the server switch, the wrong server being up should not happen.

Now go stand in the naughty corner for 5 mins.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited April 20, 2005).]

IP:

pablito
posted April 20, 2005 12:47 PM            
I didn't even know I had the admin rights to switch servers (I know I can log in the admin site but haven't touched anything as suggested).
So far I thought I would just help out with the advertisement...
I'll follow up with Kv and find out what is he needs me to do...
Other than that... Tuesday event wasn't advertised since no one seemed to care whether it was IFRIT or 85 weaps....

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 20, 2005 02:28 PM            
'kay, Let me know what the outcome is and if there is anything you need, just give me a shout.

IP:

pablito
posted April 20, 2005 02:52 PM            
I need 10 million dollars. 5 invested in IRA's, 2.5 invested in an environmental agency for Ecuador's rain forest, and the rest cash

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 21, 2005 12:00 AM            
results are in, its a tie. LOL

http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/content/TMServers/eventsView.php?server=LDA_STOCK_CTF&dname=LDA%20Community%20CTF%20Server

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited April 21, 2005).]

IP:

posted April 21, 2005 01:13 AM            
I have faith in you in figuring this out.

I would like to throw in a request to continue to have the ifrit ctf on Tuesday. This is just a blast of a game. Just pure speed.

IP:

pablito
posted April 21, 2005 09:50 AM            
That's very cool KiLlEr! That would be totally interesting for the clan battles/ddm's.

I don't have a problem with the IFRIT CTF on Tuesdays... unless other people in the community (most people on the community) would prefer otherwise.

IP: