This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Sunday 4/24, Clan War 8 EST, 5 PST, 1 GMT
kv
posted April 18, 2005 08:07 AM            
sunday the 24th, 8pm EST, 5pm PST, 1am GMT

This will be the official test for the 6 player team increase and will be ranked.

Team Colors:
Black = BWL (Black Widow Lance)
Blue = DNX (Dianetix Dominion)
Gold = DOG (Death or Glory Boys)
Green = LWA (Lonewolf Alliance)
Red = ZE / TC (Ze and Temporal Chaos)
White = GA (Gold Ants)
Chrome = FL (Freelancers)
Orange = CAT (Cat Clan)
Silver = MOD (Team Modulus)

File you need: http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/Tm-20-teams-pack.zip

File you probably want: http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/clan_team_flags.zip

IP:

posted April 18, 2005 11:32 PM            
which clan is picking the maps?

IP:

kv
posted April 19, 2005 07:41 AM            
LWA

IP:

pablito
posted April 21, 2005 10:01 AM            
What are the default maps in case no LWA representative decides to announce the maps? and how long do they have to do this??

IP:

kv
posted April 21, 2005 10:38 AM            
the maps will be stock maps, so there won't be any issues with not having them installed.

IP:

pablito
posted April 21, 2005 12:01 PM            
I was wondering which maps would be on... as in Caldera, etc..

IP:

kv
posted April 24, 2005 01:21 PM            
in case anyone was interested, the server is up and ready for play.

IP:

Tank target
posted April 24, 2005 08:08 PM            
Not it's not, I don't see it it isn't there.

It's past time where I live which is Florida which is in EST time and it's 8:00 here. Actaully it's 8:09 to be exact.

Come on. Is it on the master server?

Okay it's now 8:30 where is the God forsaken server already!!!????

[This message has been edited by Tank target (edited April 24, 2005).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 24, 2005 08:47 PM            
Tank Target...the server is hidden.

What clan do you belong to? You should've contacted or been contacted by yer clan leader.

IP:

Tank target
posted April 24, 2005 09:08 PM            
MOD that's my clan and I recieved no email at all this tuff needs to be told to people like me, you know what since no one tells me this stuff when I need it told to me I'm just not gonna play in clan wars at all.

It's not like I could even make a single frag anyways I'd just be a target for everyone to the point where it wouldn't be fun.

IP:

harmless
posted April 24, 2005 09:16 PM            
well, pics are in...

april 24th 2005 clan war

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

Rex R
posted April 24, 2005 09:27 PM            
Tank Target: that is something you need to take up with your clan leader.

IP:

pablito
posted April 24, 2005 09:52 PM            
Thanks for the pics!
What happened to DNX?
BWL & LWA played very good! and 666 held the fort well
(must we read the childhood behavior chats of others whom show not even to play but to whine????!!! I don't mind people who obtained a clan having no members, but at least behave!!) reh.

IP:

posted April 24, 2005 11:57 PM            
Congrats to Pablito, Glomund and Max for placing 1st in the respective games.

Glomund in the 2nd game visited me too often. I swear I was 1/2 of his frags.

And a big thanks to harmless for taking the pick so quickly after the end of the game. We all truly appreciate that.

Thanks for the turnout...it was a blast.

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted April 25, 2005 12:12 PM            
Couldn't make this one, sorry! Looked good. I don't think DNX intended on entering this one anyway.

IP:

pablito
posted April 25, 2005 09:31 PM            
....and why not?

IP:

posted April 25, 2005 11:57 PM            
Ntus! I was the last frag in game 3. I really hate being the last frag.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 26, 2005 06:43 AM            
quote:

....and why not?

I stopped doing these battles long ago, mainly due to the hour they are played, but also because ya just cant motivate ppl to come. Any new players we recruit say they "arent forum people" and cant keep up with any threads we post relating to clan wars... yet moan at me if they dont get invited... they should be bothered enough to get off their arses and type in a URL every now and then.

Coaxs isnt always around to email them, but does a sterling job despite all things and quite frankly interest has wained to the point of almost zero interest.

I myself am now in other games though i do play TM every now n then and keep up with the community.

Ni has done an awesome job staying up till the early hours to play, despite having to get up for work in just a few hours time (4 or 5 max). Bam and Coaxs are pretty much all we have left that give a toss.

Last time we ran a server - for 48 hours - you could count the number of participants on one hand.... those who could be bothered even taking a look anyway.

Ya just cant run decent matches in this kind of environment. Like it or not, DNX is going the way of the DoDo, and sooner or later i expect to be making an announcement to those ends.

The DMF, created as a clanplace for clans here to congregate and share files is used by about 7 ppl in tm... net result is the DMF site is being deconstructed like many before it to free up room for serious sites that will get some use; and the forums are shifting away from gaming themes due to lack of interest.

If ppl cant be arsed to check their clans board, how can you be sure they will be arsed to show up if you ask them ? Put simply we can only rely on 3 members to put in the effort - and that just doesnt cut the mustard.

Hope that answers your question

IP:

pablito
posted April 26, 2005 12:57 PM            
somewhat
... so they didn't play your server.. they don't post in your forum.... they don't browse DMF.... now you just don't care. LOL. I get it
I'll bet 5 english pounds that if you make an e-mail list of all active members and personally ask them to participate, they'll come....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 26, 2005 01:45 PM            
Dont get me wrong, im not moaning about it - but, you asked. If Coaxs or Bam can motivate ppl to post and play, theyre better men than I, because believe me, ive tried....

If ppl cant be arsed to post or play, why do they join clans ? Frikkin stupid imho. You cant have solid team play, without a solid team, born from being a team-player ! - and that means constant interraction with your team mates.

A lot of folks have criticized me in the past for taking it too seriously, thats fair enough for TM, lacluster seems to be the order of the day - folks actually argue the point of needing to be lazy, amazes me.... but im used to better, and i know the definitions well; and no matter the effort ive given TM, only 5 members have ever really "Got It", if you take my meaning.

Ill say this though pabs, i wish we were as organised and deditcated as your Cats.

Thats no reflection on our VP's - Coaxs really slams in the effort, but i dont have that level of patience, if something doesnt work, i eventually reach a point where i make the decision to move on lol - and i have, to HALO as it happens...... Ace game - plenty of folks, and plenty of opportunity to grow the clan again - possibly to its former glory. And while some will say im being defeatest - im really just doing what i think is best for the clan. TM is a dying format for DNX now... has been for some time, thats why i stopped making stuff for it.

Same with the forums, new forums get 3 months to prove themselves, if they fail, any messages get merged into bigger boardsa nd that forum removed. You have to be proactive and stop flogging dead horses.... as much as youd like to see them succeed.

IP:

pablito
posted April 26, 2005 04:05 PM            
Do you have an overall team e-mail address where everyone gets it?... If you have tried it then nevermind... but if you haven't.. I would start communicating with folks that way rather than they coming to me... just an idea.. I'm not sure what had happened in your clan but sometimes you need to be seeking their attention than otherwise. + gman & upperevil always play!! contact them, Ni will show up.. that's 3, you 4..!! I dunno; maybe HALO got you

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 26, 2005 05:40 PM            
Youre quite right, but bear this in mind. I expect a little effort from clan members. Effort shouldnt all be from the leader - there has to be even a modicum of interest in the clan besides being a good player - ya know ?

Whats the point of being in a team, if you dont "know" the team members, how they will react in a given, what they typical straegies might be... Right now, other than Bam, Coaxs and Ni, i couldnt tell you at all who works well with who, aside the fact that GMan works well with everyone lol.

Anyway, that aside, yes, HALO has me... and yes i personally have given up the ghost on TM, however, i know some of the guys havent, so its not time to pull the plug just yet - only 3 members who regularly communicate from 11 actives and 20 registered members IS a bit in the crap side.

What is it they say about taking a horse to the trough but not being able to make it drink LOL, when your own members are fighting to be lazy, it IS time to move on lol .... and like i say, i did, and it isnt really open for discussion lol .... It is how it is !! and all my efforts couldnt change that.

What i do hate though is ppl banging the same drum over efforts time and time again - ive given the game 4 years (i think - roughly) and to only have succeeded in shrinking, is a pretty pants result imho.

Thats not a critique of the membership OR the community - its just natural for DNX to be a multiformat clan, and its time my efforts were dedicated elsewhere instead of this outdated, decaying, obsolete (but fun) game.

IP:

pablito
posted April 26, 2005 06:11 PM            

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 26, 2005 06:16 PM            
lol dont look so glum m8 - this games had everything I can give it... cant stay forever lol....

IP:

yugo2
posted April 26, 2005 10:46 PM         
BE forewarned, this message could inspire limey fire-and-brimstone:

Well Matrix, this is not an outdated game, to the contrary, it has been gaining momentum recently. At the last clan war (the one where you were not present, again), there were about 20 people. I get on the server several times a week and play with a full house, no ai's. There are new clans poking up, some with a lot of talent and community participation. New players stream in every day.

And last I checked DNX was first or second in the line up. I am going to say this straight out to you Matrix, and it IS a challenge:

Why is DNX is dropping out NOW, right when new clans are reviving the game and ready to give DNX a real run for it's money?

Is DNX afraid to hold its own? Is it afraid to try its best, and still lose?

DNX has been at many clan wars. Why do they drop out now? Have some grace, put up your dukes, recruit some of the many new members, and defend your title. Your sob story about how it is SOOOO HARD to get a team together rings hollow, my man. You have done it before, and you can again.

Buck up, otherwise tell us the truth.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2