|
Author Topic:   Lic. game
=CAT=Viper-II
posted March 18, 2005 12:47 AM            
Has any one in this very addictive game try to obtain a lic. for it so it could be updated and promoted properly?

Kong said maybe you Matrix would know what Jim would want to get a lic.....It was ponted out he would for the right project..I wonder what the right project would be?

Any ideas you TM'ers....It could be a block buster in the gaming world if all the ideas you guys and gals come up with..how about some feed back.....It's getting on in it's life!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 18, 2005 06:47 AM            
Got a spare 50 grand ?

lol.... no im serious...... buying licence to access source code of an engine is VERY expensive, then ya have to pay programmers at about 50 an hour to work on it..... MR Rich could maybe do it, but it wouldnt be anything I could either do ir afford, thats for sure.

Anyway, Jim and co are working on a new tank game with a Dx9c graphics engine... so lets see what happens when that comes out - my best guess will be that the structure will be similar to tm meaning we can port all the stuff from tm into it and perhaps consider that the upgrade.

Give it a bitta time, see where that goes first.... see what the new games like.

As for engine upgrades, if you have RealPlayer, i have footage of the upgrade with 3d trees and moving tank tracks etc in our FTP.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 18, 2005 09:18 AM            
I use to consult for a company called Hyperion Entertainment, which was looking to port TM to the Amiga. We also ported a few other games and can tell you first hand, liscencing is not cheap, you'd need some venture capital to get started.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited March 18, 2005).]

IP: