This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Can I get a witness? This group is still a good one. If you don't think so, prove it.
Irascible
posted March 10, 2005 03:11 PM            
Where’s the “bickering”? I'm dead serious. Give me the exact sentence, the exact exchange that you think is the horrible flame war like bickering. What I see is reasoned discussion. Then what I see is a couple people crying foul about that discussion and another one in effect declaring the discussion over after one day.

Even now this group is better than most. There's no name calling in that thread, no foul language, nothing remotely close to the garbage that goes on elsewhere. And IF there is any in the least, it's only between Matrix and I. Personally I just consider that our normalized give and take. Much of it is more friendly jibe than anything else. No, really. At least we've come to the point where we don't go too nuts.

This group IS a good one. Stop with the bogus claims that we're bickering. Opposition is not synonymous with hostility. Debate that doesn't go your way is not a flame war. IF you still insist that it's so, PROVE IT. Show me the awfulness of that thread. Don’t just continue blindly with laments of imagined strife.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 10, 2005).]

IP:

max
posted March 10, 2005 03:19 PM         
Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker!!!

IP:

Irascible
posted March 10, 2005 03:21 PM            
Irascible 1
Max 0

As it should be.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 10, 2005 10:13 PM            
Ah Quit ya moaning yapyap lol ..... or ill be forced to laugh louder and accept even more tawdry comments lol ....

IP:

posted March 10, 2005 10:56 PM            
I stand corrected...this is a democracy...so you young women from the AARP keep up the good work.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 11, 2005 01:22 AM            
Thank you gents. My point is made.

IP:

pablito
posted March 11, 2005 10:21 AM            
.... this was a she said, he said thing....more like a threesome... you two need to put you differences aside and get some icecream.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 11, 2005 11:59 AM            
Oh yeah. It's always he said, he said. But in this instance I say to the two gentlemen who just love asking, in a manner of speaking, why... sniff... we just can't all get along to prove that we're not. In other words, to heck with what I say. If you, whoever you might be, say that we're "bickering" then prove it or STFU. Personally I've had it with people crying foul every time the atmosphere is anything less than nursery school pleasant. Of course, we all know it isn't really about the alleged bickering. But I'll play along and simply ask for an example from that thread. I'm sure you noticed that they provided none.

IP:

pablito
posted March 11, 2005 12:10 PM            
quote:
Personally I've had it with people crying foul every time the atmosphere is anything less than nursery school pleasant
...ok, then stfu already

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 11, 2005 12:41 PM            
Gotta love sarcasm lol

IP:

Irascible
posted March 11, 2005 06:07 PM            
Indeed.

I also love self-evident truths that are purposely kept from view. Most adults know them but few speak them because they know it would only confuse and anger the minority that remains blissfully unaware. It's jolly good fun sometimes.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 11, 2005 06:09 PM            
sar-casm

if you look at it as if the first part is in Hungarian, and the 2nd part is in English. you get "sh**-crack"

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited March 11, 2005).]

IP:

VorDesigns
posted March 13, 2005 03:39 PM            
Witnessith that we much of the time are all
being.

Also, it would seem that this thread is stirring up dissention where I'm not seeing it. Opposing points of view and discourse.

Why did this thread start? Oh, never mind..

IP:

pablito
posted March 13, 2005 04:17 PM            
Amendment I should have its limitations
http://sedition.com/ddx/w/98.html the devil dictionary

[This message has been edited by pablito (edited March 13, 2005).]

IP:

max
posted March 14, 2005 11:17 PM         
Ras, quit your whining. And stop spewing your lectures and thoughts who cares so bite me and get over it. And stop the BICKERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 2 cents. LOL

[This message has been edited by max (edited March 14, 2005).]

IP:

Irascible
posted March 15, 2005 02:05 AM            
Your confusion and torment is obvious Max. Let me help you understand.

Just as soon as we got a little debate that wasn't going 666's and Matrix's way in the linked thread, they bitch. 666 called legitimate debate bickering and Matrix compared the group to Tanarus. Of course that was utterly absurd. But instead of saying so and starting some real bickering, I took the back door approach and asked for an example from that thread of the imagined bickering. There was and is none and that’s what they come up with – nothing.

My point was made, subtle though it was. And of course you insisted on adding your irrelevant and obtuse observations. Good show old chap.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 15, 2005).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 15, 2005 06:02 AM            
quote:
Just as soon as we got a little debate that wasn't going 666's and Matrix's way in the linked thread, they bitch.

- You mean like you are right now because Max put in his 2p ?

quote:
666 called legitimate debate bickering and Matrix compared the group to Tanarus. Of course that was utterly absurd.

- Umm no it isnt... Do gooders are opposed to change or trying things for what they see as the good of the whole, instead, making themselves look like the A- big hole... It decends into bickering just like Jeep Chick used to tell us about Tanarus, follwed by ppl sighing and giving way for the sake of a quiet life..... Which, err, is what happened.

quote:
]But instead of saying so and starting some real bickering, I took the back door approach and asked for an example from that thread of the imagined bickering.

- Ya and you love back doors huh Ras ?

quote:
There was and is none and that’s what they come up with – nothing.

- Actually YOU are the spanner in the works m8... Doing anything you can to discredit players at any given opportunity. I know of the changes at LDA, so do others, but you are sarcastic and stalwart about staying as we are... in fact, if there were more of you in the world, we'd still be using 9600k modems.

When are you going to understand.....

LATENCY WILL NOT GO AWAY - FACT OF LIFE ONLINE

But if you say youre going to do an experiment to test the new settings, nobody shows.... for various reasons, the only time we can assertively get enough ppl online at once to test things, is at a clan war !

Moaners and whingers are what is holding this community back... I support and advocate efforts to make things better where you advocate the status quo to remain (if it aint broke, dont fix it), which is fair enough... if technology isnt advancing.. but it is.....

Whats amazing is that if theres a pingspike online, first thing they do is blame the game! - not the fact that their system has mabe 10 tabbed webpages open, or their mail client just recieved 50 spam posts, or their IM is gettin shouted cos they were too lazy to switch it off, or even too lazy to optimise their own connection or game settings.

If ppl got off their fat arses and started being pro-active instead of sitting in the back door and letting other ppl do the work for them while they bitch and moan - life might, just might, get a bit better for us all.

Btw, you may want to check your grammar in the previous post, its not upto your usual (im better than you) standard. Slipping recently?

quote:

they come up with – nothing

- Thats "CAME"... btw, we want peace n quiet as much as the next guy... so im going to cave in to your ramblings, despite what you think, youre argument is not with me, its with yourself - you need help m8. You stunt every decent conversation citing rules set out 5 years ago and using threads to make ppl look bad.... its not really something im interested in getting into.... ppl cant do it back to you because you're so precise in what and how you say things - me, i just speak my mind how i feel at the time; and as you have so justly pointed out so many times - ppl have the right to change their minds.

I retire from discussions about experiments to enhance TM further - you want this baby ? Its Yours. Lets see what you can do with it.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited March 15, 2005).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 15, 2005 08:40 AM            
The lag was because I forgot to push out the new logscan which has a fix that prevents the memory being hogged up when there is alot of activity and my website becomes unavailble.

Logscan sucked up over 200 megs or storage, which caused the lag because LunarPages decided to do maintainence sunday night. When this happens the 3.8.9 version of logscan throws a tantrum and sucks up memory because it can't connect to my site.

That's where the lag came from.

BTW, I need to borrow a logscanned server and some players later in the week to help me debug the events system and get that working again.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 15, 2005 09:03 AM            
You can always use mine...

IP:

pablito
posted March 15, 2005 10:29 AM            
you can use mine too... oh wait I don't have one ... but you can use me oh wait... I promised to myself not to let anyone else use me again ...well this is not a hot blonde, so I think it would be ok if you want to use me... tis for TM

For the "consistent" ladies; just grab some chocolate and go out... you'll feel better

IP:

Irascible
posted March 15, 2005 11:55 AM            
"I retire from discussions about experiments to enhance TM further "

If only it were true. We both know it isn't. :P

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 15, 2005 03:02 PM            
Quite true, let me put it another way - "im sick of you ruining the opportunity to improve things by whining in therads about how everything should be left the way it is." Ppl who are opposed to change and or improvement, are holding the rest back... as such, this game cannot improve. Experiments exist so we can test the outcome of a theory, we cannot test that theory because you discreit ppl who opinion it is to try to organise such an event or support it.

And because you are so consistent with your attacks on progress, simply taking part or supporting such attempts seems for the most part .... futile.

Is that any clearer ?

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited March 15, 2005).]

IP:

pablito
posted March 15, 2005 03:19 PM            
lol; see ras... it's not a game... maybe just for you... for as long as you can put up with... since you have your weakness too...

I don't know why you take ras so seriously matrix... if you think you can enhance tm you need to ask Jim or kv to implement it... yeah you can put it to vote, but if it really helps the whole I wouldn't even worry about the community lol and especially ras... as long as the main representatives are aware, they have the last word.

You know this game has its limitations.. to what you can do with it, and according to some people, the engine is locked up from any changes.. therefore you can only design... and that's pretty much an end line. So... "get it while you can" Joplin.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 15, 2005 04:59 PM            
Bleh. Typical fascist liberalism. Opposition is called bickering. Progress is defined by the unopposed implementation of one side's view. That relates 100% to the point of my opening statement. There was no bickering in that thread, just reasonable debate - something libs have no tolerance for. There's no reasoning with those who know best. So as Pabs suggested course of actions proves, when libs can't reason their way through things they just impose it by fiat.

As an aside, let it be known Matrix that I believe that in general you think you're doing what's best. In fact, you're not so bad when you're not trying to absorb TM into your electronic fiefdom. This isn't an olive branch, as it were. Nor do I expect reciprocity. But a real flame war (this ain't even close ) is a bad thing. As such I wont' get into one. I didn't answer your last couple posts point by point, even though I'm more than capable , for precisely that reason. I'll leave you with the last word, insult or whatever your pleasure.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 15, 2005).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 15, 2005 06:55 PM            
Not really Ras, i already said im not going there lol, and we have agreed to disagree b4

Far as getting LDA to improve things - who ya think sent in the tools that beefed up the connection - if that aint a good thing in some way i must be living in a reverse universe lol... for in this case, i dont think its berst for everyone, i KNOW it is - period.

Every1 is entitled to their views m8, my point is that you can easily achieve that without dredging up rules and posts long dead to serve your subtle points and make the the posters view seem demiend in some way - its kinda uncalled for, its a skill, nay, talent, you have for insulting ppl while achieving the "push them aside" effect.

I find it distateful and unnecessary whan you do it.... so much so i feel i need to remove myself from the discussion because i know full well THIS is what happens.

Why is it so hard to express an opinion without dragging ppl through a mire ? ive never understood it.

But on a possitive note, i have taken proactive steps to improve the game, so has killer, kv, 666 and others - what have you done other than call ppl tinpot dictators and fascists ?

Why are you opposed to change / improvement ? you've yet to give a reason. My point is id rather read how this comes out rather than take part in it anymore - you upset me too much... really push my buttons, and i appologise to those who dont like reading the drivell i feel compelled to write in my own defence.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2