Author Topic:   Hey DNX HeadCharged
VorDesigns
posted March 03, 2005 09:22 PM            
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002379.html

IP:

coaxs
posted March 03, 2005 10:07 PM            
quote:
Thats a tuff problem. I unload the shadow keeper completely 90% of the time, but sometimes I just get 200 ammo and go with it. Part of the fun is to frag the people who get super ammo and it brings a new and different element to the game.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 03, 2005 11:16 PM            
why did you have to dig that up...LOL

oops this is 666 agian...darn pass words

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited March 03, 2005).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 03, 2005 11:23 PM            
I love shadow vs shadow - then its a matter of who can trick the other into firing into a hillside first

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 04, 2005 05:53 AM            
For the record:

Cemetry and HeadCharged are brothers.. they have both been in DNX for about 7 years. BUT:

1 - they dont read this board unless pointed at it.

2 - they have been playin other games for the last 2 years and suddenly re-appeared a couple of weeks back

3 - they dont read DMF either

4 - i dont have their new emails yet.

BUT:

When i fond out, i will point them at this thread. Catching them on the server is the tricky bit. Scolding them here will do no good in the meantime though i do understand your frustration.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 04, 2005 05:57 AM            
PS : the shadow wouldnt be in the game unless LDA wanted us to use it. It all depends on personal preference, there is no right and wrong about it - just what others may or may not accept as proper use. You might have been pissed, but I bet he had great fun lol.....

Chill man... tis but a game.

IP:

pablito
posted March 04, 2005 10:04 AM            
..maybe if the shadow would come with less ammo (maybe 15-20).. 30 ammo well used, may frag 7 times, if you reload it once, that's half the frag limit...
At least I don't alk+K.. I take shadow users as a big tank and try to put them out of their evil existence... it works sometimes!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 04, 2005 10:41 AM            
Perhaps... sounds like a plan

IP:

Vlad
posted March 04, 2005 11:16 AM            
As far as the shadow goes, I personally fall way on the "it shouldn't even be in the game" side of things. The biggest problem with the Shadow is that there's just way too many things that make it overpowered. You don't have to aim, it compensates for height differences, it doesn't stop when it hits the ground, it's got a fast reload rate, and being hit by it not only makes it really hard to see, but it also completely stops you in your tracks, making it impossible to get away.

If a few of those aspects were toned down, then the Shadow could stand a chance at becoming a more blanced weapon. Maybe reduce the range of the initial projectile to around a quarter of its current range, or make it fire slower, or remove the kick from the projectile so that a tank can possibly get away.

Heck, you can even make it so that the Weapon itself is constantly making a noise, so that whoever does have the Shadow will be heard coming a mile away.

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted March 04, 2005 12:09 PM            
Shadow counter weapons: machine gun, 120mm.

I don't care really. I find it more satisfying beating someone who has clearly used a shadow along with a couple of nukes.

on a side note; hey Vlad

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Ni (edited March 04, 2005).]

IP:

pablito
posted March 04, 2005 12:25 PM            
you forgot laser.. especially under water.. ... humanly speaking.. ai's who have shadows can be fragged with ramdrills

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 04, 2005 12:42 PM            
Don't forget that all missle based weapons work against the shadow.

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted March 04, 2005 12:55 PM            
Not 100%

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 04, 2005 12:58 PM            
Depends if it hits on the front, and if theres any damage already done..

IP:

VorDesigns
posted March 05, 2005 02:34 AM            
It was just the whole play style, sfshooting without an oops, sorry man thought you were an AI, and then reloading a shadow was enough for me.

It's more satisfying to quit.

I noticed that that is starting to happen when some of the snottier players log on.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 05, 2005 05:40 AM            
Well i dunno too much about that, an i certainly cant defend the actions.... alls i can tell you is they reappeard to start playing after a gap of about a year and a bit... so they wont be savvy to our evolved code of online ingame conduct.

IP:

pablito
posted March 05, 2005 04:45 PM            
they're fine... sometimes get frustrated when they lose. Cemetery is an excellent player and so is headcharged... unless they acted much differently since I play with them last... I cherish any other competition and especially participation.
Just frag them Vor. Eventually, and if they keep playing, enough people will 'cuz them out for using shadow with no ethics.

IP: