|
Author Topic:   Event trouble.
Tank target
posted March 02, 2005 10:06 AM         
Yeah every time you guys plan a special event like a Clan war or Irifit Ctf I can't be there because they're to late at night for me to play at. I know alot of you are in the PST zone but I'm in EST and everything is at 11:00 pm. And I really want to participate in these events. In short could the events be planned earlier in the day?

IP:

pablito
posted March 02, 2005 10:22 AM            
I'm on eastern time also. Clan battles are 8:00pm est. Only events such as ifrit, ctf and (if)racing are on 11:00pm... and these are over the week. Clan battles, fun DDM and Ladder DDM are on 8:00pm est, every other sunday.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2005 10:54 AM            
Heh im in the uk, events are 1am for me... 9 times out of 10 i cant make em either.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 02, 2005 12:24 PM            
Yeah. Event trouble! As in, if you show at 11 Eastern you're going to have trouble.

The friggin DDMs and clan wars are always at 5 PM Pacific on Sunday. Do you have any idea how much of a pain in the @ss that is? Sunday at 5 is prime time. There's a hundred other things I'd rather be doing. Let's roll them back to 11 Eastern so that more Pacific time zone folk can make it. And more importantly, that way Target's thread will make some sense.

IP:

Teulk
posted March 02, 2005 02:31 PM            
Not exactly the "perfect" solution, now, is it...not that there is one.
I'm also in the "EST" zone, and, for me, 11 is a tad late in the evening.
Just my $0.02 (all figures Canadian !!)

IP:

Irascible
posted March 02, 2005 02:38 PM            
The winking eye applied to the time zone change suggestion as much as anything else. My indirect point to TT was that no matter what time the matches are scheduled, someone is inconvenienced.

IP:

Teulk
posted March 02, 2005 03:33 PM            
Saw your "winkie".:0..just wanted to spend the pennies!

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited March 02, 2005).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2005 05:38 PM            
Sore point though it is.... we had a European DDM at one point, an attempt to fix it for brits ... nobody showed ... didnt see that coming from orbit - know what i mean lol... uk doesnt have enough ppl playing to make it happen.

But ras is right, the timezones are far too wide to have everyone happy. I think 8 is a pretty decent middle compromise.. move it one way or the other and somebody wont attend at all where atm theres a slim chance they "could".

IP:

VorDesigns
posted March 02, 2005 09:34 PM            
Yeah, does anyone remember Psycho? He played for a while from Hawaii but I think he got lonely playing alone.

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted March 03, 2005 07:00 AM            
If DDM's are rolled back to (let's have some perspective here) 4am in the morning for brits, than I won't be attending any more events, plain and simple. Why try to fix what isn't broken?

It's a Sunday! Day of doing nothing really and I also don't agree about people not being able to attend. Why doesn't someone check out the last few clan Wars and ddms! There are no attendance troubles!

5pm pacific, you can make it, 8pm eastern, you can make it, 1am GMT it can just be made.

Now 8pm pacific, pacific can make it, 1pm eastern, people are starting to complain, 4am gmt not a sodding chance anyone from here'll make it.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Ni (edited March 03, 2005).]

IP:

=CAT=Viper-II
posted March 03, 2005 02:46 PM            
Just a thought how about 9:30pm Est..that should give some leway....i don't blame any one complaing 5:00pm on a Sunday...

9:30 or 10:00 would roll the clock ahead for many..{pm} uh?

Another thought how about alternate times one macth at 11:00pm Est next macth at 9:00 EST...that way many can play at a reasonable time for them...well that's my nickels worth!

[This message has been edited by =CAT=Viper-II (edited March 03, 2005).]

IP:

posted March 03, 2005 11:20 PM            
The weekly events were held at 8PM PST because it was the only time I could play is when the kids are in bed. Sorry for the selvish reason.

Please by all means, change the time and make it earlier.

IP: