|
Author Topic:   Can we improve LDA's map rotation?
Irascible
posted March 02, 2005 02:03 AM            
I've had it with the bad maps. The "all maps are created equal crowd" have had their fun. Can we trim some of the fat?

This is my proposed list of maps to keep. Feel free to argue. The goal is to get rid of the really annoying maps. I've included a LOT maps that I personally don't like such as Green Monster and left out some I do like such as Glacier in an attempt to increase the chances of agreement. Yeah... right.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 02, 2005).]

IP:

Irascible
posted March 02, 2005 02:03 AM            
Here's the rest. Some of them have already been removed but I don't recall precisely which.

IP:

pablito
posted March 02, 2005 10:15 AM            
huge maps with mountains all around the place are fun when talking on the phone; lets me catch up with my calling list. Other than that.... up and down, up and down, up and down.. up and guess what.. oh yea down...
I would give these maps a break: In the ring (not as bad though), the rack, mogul field, ribs, camel backs, armageddom.
The first message has nice maps.
The second message and most of my unwanted maps are there... yet have to see on lda "tank luge" and "the moon" but won't miss them either.
I forgot to add that when those "really annoying maps" are on, people stop playing and leave LDA. Maybe it's an ai conspiracy.

[This message has been edited by pablito (edited March 02, 2005).]

IP:

//TBI:/NEMESIS/
posted March 02, 2005 06:09 PM            
when it comes to maps LDA did a good job on every single one except desert divas.. i cant stand it.. yes it is a good map but i think it is to flat. I like lots of hills.

IP:

KONG
posted March 02, 2005 09:36 PM            
keep glacier and ice world...

and stop complaining. :P

IP:

pablito
posted March 02, 2005 09:49 PM            
hey! that's a promissary note to say it's cool to let my map go, just don't complain.. ok, Kv or whom would change the rotation?

IP:

Irascible
posted March 02, 2005 10:24 PM            
I like ice myself Kong. But I'm thinking of the greater good. *COUGH* You should try it. :P

IP:

KONG
posted March 02, 2005 11:52 PM            
you mean for the "COMMUNity"?

IP:

Irascible
posted March 03, 2005 01:25 AM            
Yes comrade. We must do it for the Fatherland.

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted March 03, 2005 06:57 AM            
I quite like ice, glacier, windchill, turtles and Armageddon

IP:

=CAT=Viper-II
posted March 03, 2005 02:59 PM            
I agree with Irascible dump the bad maps..of the ones shown..I think Tank Lunge and the moon stink...the rest are good for change, from one map to next...adds a diffrent dimension each time to the game or challenge!

IP:

synack
posted March 03, 2005 05:17 PM         
IMHO, The Moon is fun for a once in a blue moon change of pace.

Totally different skill set needed there. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

That said, I'm in favor of pulling it and other offenders out of rotation.

[This message has been edited by synack (edited March 03, 2005).]

IP:

posted March 03, 2005 11:27 PM            
Well the server admins did change it in the past. They could change it now if some of us agree.

Just need to let LDA Jim know to relaunch the server with the new lineup.

the only maps I dont want in the lineup is luge and the psychodelic maps...you know...the ones with the neon background. Everything else is fine with me.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted March 04, 2005 07:33 AM            
Send me a list of file names to remove and I'll take those out of the stock LDA server.

I just don't want to add anything to it...to keep it intact for any newbys...

Jim

IP:

pablito
posted March 04, 2005 10:18 AM            
Well, irascible started this thread, he should recount the maps voted to be out... but my list is: In the ring, the rack, mogul field, but specially: ribs, camel backs, and armageddom... at least ribs and camel backs please? they're just tooooooo cheesy.

IP:

pablito
posted March 06, 2005 02:18 AM            
...great follow-up ras... brought up the attention but for what?

IP:

Irascible
posted March 06, 2005 02:29 AM            
Relax. It's only been four days. Some people visit the forum less often than that.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 06, 2005).]

IP:

pablito
posted March 06, 2005 05:06 AM            
yeah, well:
quote:
Send me a list of file names to remove and I'll take those out of the stock LDA server.

:P

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted March 06, 2005 07:57 PM            
I could do without Trench Run and Jumper, of the ones that are shown on the In list. Going up and down all those hills is too much of a whipping for me.
I like Wind Chill and The Ramp of the ones on the Out list.
For the most part, I agree with the choices. There are a couple of others I like that are on the Out list, but I can see why they are not popular with everyone.
MC

[This message has been edited by mELON cRACKER (edited March 06, 2005).]

IP: