|
Author Topic:   Minor clan war issue, will not affect game
kv
posted February 27, 2005 06:57 PM            
apparently there are two file name errors associated with tonight's event.

1. TeamGreen.ent points to GreenBanner2.bmp, which is correct. What isn't correct is that the flag in the clan flag pack is GreenBanner.bmp

2. TeamSilver.ent points to silverBanner.bmp. The problem with this is that the file name for the image is SilverBanner.bmp and TM is case sensitive with ent files and their references.

I'll release corrected files after tonight's event as these issues will not affect gameplay.

IP:

jujaga
posted February 27, 2005 07:11 PM         
I have also recently noticed that this has only affected the anarchy mod addons folder (yes, I interchange the addons folder), leading to the conclusion that it may also be from the conflicts of the clan maps and the anarchy mod, no big deal at all... just another observation from me...

IP:

kv
posted February 27, 2005 07:32 PM            
If you installed the 20 team pack as part of the base install, then it will affect anything that you try to select team silver with.

Issue #1 is a problem with the clan flag pack.

Issue #2 is a problem with the 20 team pack.

Both are easily corrected.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 27, 2005 09:12 PM            
Case sensitive - mmm didnt know that.. ill update my packs too.... thx for that.....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 27, 2005 10:10 PM            
Seems my pack doesnt need updating, me and kv just tested it. silver shows just fine.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited February 27, 2005).]

IP:

jujaga
posted February 27, 2005 10:40 PM         
Sorry matrix, I forgot to mention the ORDER of me installing them. Apparently, I installed the flags, then the anarchy mod, therefore leading to the conclusion of the silver flag being all screwed up. Sorry about forgetting to mention that. I just reversed the installation order, it works fine now.

------------------
=MOD= FISH!!! Whee!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Modulus :D Firefox 1.0 Rocks!!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 27, 2005 10:55 PM            
Thx for lettin us know man... appreciate that.

IP:

jujaga
posted February 27, 2005 11:17 PM         
I wonder if there will be a way to have a program switch in and out the mod packs using a program... that would make things much easier... however, I can't write a program like that cuz i have no idea how to do that. There's my other 2 cents for today.

------------------

IP:

R_dodger
posted February 27, 2005 11:39 PM            
Jujaga,
I am playing with a simple batch file that will do it. BUT I am sure others have something just as easy. It's just a simple command in a batch file format that moves whatever folder in and out of the places they need to be. Can be simple as needed or as complicated and complete as anyone cares it to be. For as many changes as you need you just have to have that many batch file icons to start it with. I.E. when I run a LAN game I have an icon labeled LAN game, this changes the dedicated server file to operate a LAN game with the parameters that work best. If I want to launch a server on the LDA master list, I click on an icon (batch file) which swaps out the dedicated server to run an internet game... same thing could be done with any folder.. any file.

My trouble is that I still am not up on what goes in where and when and when not to.

Rdodger

------------------
I walk among the ignorant

[This message has been edited by R_dodger (edited February 27, 2005).]

IP:

jujaga
posted February 27, 2005 11:49 PM         
Thanks for the input rdodger, however, even though i know what a batch file is, I doubt i have the expertese to write one for my own uses... I think I will have to stick to the old fashioned method, doing it manually... lol.

------------------

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 28, 2005 12:11 AM            
Yes...Killer already made one that does exactly that...you can find it on his boomstick joe's website...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 28, 2005 05:39 AM            
Yup, or just do it manually like me... i have several addons folders (example /addons-anarchy).

If i wanna join an anarchy server, i just go:

Rename addons > old addons
Rename addons-anarchy > addons

Run the game.

It REALLY is as simple as that !!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 28, 2005 02:17 PM            
Linky...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 28, 2005 06:04 PM            
Don't forget the other variation I wrote.

YOu need to set up a myboomstick acocunt to get it since it loads a list of logscanned servers from your myboomstick account. Then you can set an addon folder for each server. That way you can just click on a server, it will switch addon folders and automatically setup TM to connect to that server. The program (TMServerSpy) also lists who's on the servers, and if your not already in a game, pop up a notice when someone joins a server.

IP:

jujaga
posted February 28, 2005 06:52 PM         
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. I think i'll stick with Matrix's style... i'm used to it... however, I do it differently. I created a folder called MOD Packs (no, not the clan name) and in there are the files where I switch in and out. I just delete the current one and copy the new addons folder into the location.

------------------

IP: