|
Author Topic:   Clan War Setup
coaxs
posted February 22, 2005 12:28 AM            
Should clan wars only be limited to 5/clan or should we just go free for all. Activity seems down and I think it would be fine. At least we can try it as an experiment this month?

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted February 22, 2005 12:31 AM            
Seems down? I was under the impression it was on the up as of lately. Couldn't get on LDA server last night and Dinochrome's picking up popularity plus some definite newcomers. I think a free for all would mean a lot of LWAs.

IP:

posted February 22, 2005 12:51 AM            
you know my position...free for all...

IP:

pablito
posted February 22, 2005 02:03 AM            
You can notch it up to 6... free seems too radical for the moment...

IP:

coaxs
posted February 22, 2005 02:59 AM            
okay, lets try it at 6

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted February 22, 2005 04:09 AM            
You three decide for the rest of us in the space of 2.5 hours? I don't think so. I put the invites out for BWL on Sunday and have 4 confirmed and one probable. The game is set; colors chosen; plans made. You don't change them now. We stick with five. If you want to make a change then make the announcement and give the feedback some time to come in. You don't make a change 5 days ahead in the space 2.5 hours based on the agreement of three!!!

Amazingly, all three of you in one fashion or another have in the past claimed to be fair minded. Hell 666, your obsessed with fairness. Where's it at now?

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited February 22, 2005).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 22, 2005 07:24 AM            
Let's make it 3 per clan then...

IP:

kv
posted February 22, 2005 07:48 AM            
WOOHOO! my opinion doesn't matter!

It's too late to change it this month. Notices have been sent out and it just creates chaos when things change at the last minute.

Want to do this for next month? Fine, but not for this one.

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted February 22, 2005 07:54 AM            
What opinion? :P

IP:

pablito
posted February 22, 2005 09:23 AM            
I suggested to notch it up to 6...

But I also think that raising the number may conflict with the already dissapointing reaction of other clans which can't gather more than 2 on each clan battle and rather leave in the middle of it....

I'm not sure raising the bar would do any good... but if anything 6 should be the limit.

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted February 22, 2005 09:59 AM            
Kv's word is final and backed up by iRas, whom I fully agree with. Let's think about changes to the clan war set-up after this one. Maybe we can have a result which won't lead to post-DM bickering.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 22, 2005 10:14 AM            
I agree with Ni.... NEXT TIME do the changes, seems that Kv isnt is total control as yet and invites are already sent.

As to more clans and 3 players, im all for that as an experiment, see how it goes, we certainly need to refine the event as more clans pop up and more players appear.

Perhaps run 2 events simultaneously on 2 servers at the same time, then use killers amazing logging system to tot up the games from each server as if we were all in the one game.

Unless that is, anyone has a spare 50meg backbone line handy lol...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 22, 2005 01:11 PM            
quote:
Unless that is, anyone has a spare 50meg backbone line handy lol...

Working on it...

IP:

coaxs
posted February 22, 2005 01:41 PM            
Man you guys hate experiments. Next month we'll go for 6, unless horribly unpopular.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited February 22, 2005).]

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted February 22, 2005 02:18 PM            
Open for experiments, closed for now.

IP:

=CAT=PABLITO
posted February 22, 2005 02:31 PM            
quote:
WHAAAA!?
* Running to sanitarium before it makes sense

[This message has been edited by =CAT=PABLITO (edited February 22, 2005).]

IP:

Irascible
posted February 22, 2005 03:49 PM            
Teehee.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 22, 2005 10:39 PM            
We do not hate experiments coaxs, but good experiments are planned out in advance, well documented, and checked and double checked before the first real live action is taken. You remember anytime you setup an experiment on the spur of the moment that had any real impact other than dropping water on baking soda or something else simple with already known results. I think not so let us have ideas, discussion, and decision making by the majority not the minority of the community. Thanks for your patience and relapse back into reality.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

coaxs
posted February 22, 2005 10:40 PM            
Ahhh... yes, communism, I mean committees.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted February 22, 2005 10:55 PM            
Too funny Coax. Communism as it was actualized meant that a few controlled the many - as in the Coax/666 model of running clan war setups. Democracy as well as representative republics on the other hand are messy because a bunch of average schlubs all get to have their say. And like any good communist, you're annoyed at that prospect. LOL!

In other words, you got it back @sswards.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited February 22, 2005).]

IP:

Rex R
posted February 23, 2005 01:53 AM            
Ras
got your msg. unless something dire comes up...I'm good to go.

IP:

pablito
posted February 23, 2005 02:32 AM            
Uhm... I think BWL has used their secret weapon... (communication) :P

Obviously, now that >CAT< has 6 players, I'd like for all of them to have the opportunity to participate. But after a little more realization; other clans can not get a larger number than 3 or 4.. raising the current limit (5)... may not be the way to go.

*Opens back door and cleanses hands before anyone sees the red on them**

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 23, 2005 06:55 AM            
quote:
Uhm... I think BWL has used their secret weapon... (communication) :P

- HAHAHAahAHhaHaHaHa OMG, I think i lost a kidney HAHAHAHaahAh HaHaHahahaa

IP: