This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Important sunday event information, all should read
kv
posted February 06, 2005 03:58 PM            
Ok, I guess this is my first official server admin post, so... here it goes...

Most of the events will go unchanged. There will be no change to the 2nd Sunday stock DDM, and I welcome suggestions on what to run on the 1st and 3rd Sunday fun DDMs.

==THE FOLLOWING IS IMPORTANT==

The 4th Sunday Clan DDM is changing slightly. I am moving the team selection back to the color method. This allows new clans to be quickly added and become playable in the Clan DDM.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Remove all (clan)banner.bmp files from the art/teamlogos folder and all (clan)banner.ent files from the entities/insignia folder. If you maintain a Clan DDM specific addons folder, just delete all the files inside it.

2. Download the following file.

http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/Tm-20-teams-pack.zip

This is the 20 team color pack created by Matrix. The file is packaged to install as an addons folder, but I suggest making the pack a part of your basic install. Then you are always ready for a server that supports it, and a server that doesn't simply won't activate the files.

3. Download the following optional file.

http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/clan_team_flags.zip

This is the new clan flag pack. When placed in the addons folder, they will override the existing team colors. This is not a required download, but if you want to see your clan's flag, you will need to download it.

For reference, here's the team color list:

Black = BWL (Black Widow Lance)
Blue = DNX (Dianetix Dominion)
Gold = DOG (Death or Glory Boys)
Green = LWA (Lonefolf Alliance)
Red = ZE / TC (Ze and Temporal Chaos)
White = GA (Gold Ants)
Pink = FL (Freelancers)
Orange = CAT (Cat Clan)
Silver = MOD (Team Modulus)
Bronze = unused
Purple = unused
Grey = unused
Aqua = unused
InfraRed = unused
UltraViolet = unused
Chrome = unused
Opaque = unused
Pearl = unused
Platinum = unused
Sapphire = unused

And for the record, awhile ago clan FL requested Pink. Team MOD was assigned by me to the next open spot in the list, if they decide that they have an issue with using that color, they can contact me and it can be easily changed.

==THE FOLLOWING IS VERY IMPORTANT==

I will only distribute the IP and port number for the Clan DDM to the chosen clan contact person. This information will be emailed out one week before the Clan DDM.

Your clan's contact person MUST email me as I do not have a list of who they are.

If someone from your clan does not email me, you WILL NOT get the IP. Even if I already have the email of your clan's contact person, they still have to email me declaring themselves to be their clan's contact. The clan contact must also email me from the address that they want the email sent to.

My email is: kv (at) woh.rr.com

Please include your forum name and your clan name when contacting me.

I ask that forum members refrain from spamming this topic with offtopic posts so that any issues that may come up can be quickly and easily dealt with.

[This message has been edited by kv (edited February 06, 2005).]

IP:

kv
posted February 06, 2005 07:57 PM            
ok, major mistake. I sent harmless the wrong clan flag zip file. So ignore that link until one of us posts that it has been corrected.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 06, 2005 09:40 PM            
Our contacts are
Matrix (Clan Leader)
Coaxs (TM Team Leader)
BamZipPow (2nd Team Leader)

Ill pass you all details via email, i would request that all 3 recieve details in case any one of us arent around - DNX considers this idea workable after the last clan war.

Might I suggest setting up a forum where clan leaders can get together in privacy ? This has been tried b4, but never took off for whatever reason - seems to me that it would be a good central place to post such information in the event that your pc breaks and you cant get an email sent... login on any pc and post the info to which clan leaders alone would be privvy.

To everyone else, couple of points id like to make.

Making FL team PINK was my idea *sorry* good laugh though.. FL doesnt have to keep Pink, but it would be useful to settle on a color b4 the next event.

Second, this teampack has 20 colors - theres no way in hells kitchen that we will ever fill that, so it will never need updating, as suggested, it would be wise to make this a part of your standard install.

To New Clans - if you have a flag, NOW is the time to have it added to the Clan Flags Pack before ppl start downloading it for the next battle.

The 20 team pack will be a standard integral part of any map mod packs I put together in the future in case ppl have missed the file on its own. The 20 team pack is set to become the defacto standard for TM to avoid future team-crowding problems such as was witnessed 3 clan battles ago.

Last thing ... LDA has been sent tools to speed up their line, this should help with the lag issues a lot. If you want to run the same tools on your end to get the most from the game and help others... ill make it available for you. Couple of clicks for a faster more optimised connection will help everyone.

Thanks, didnt mean to hijack the thread.. Id request no replies in respect to this post here, please email or ICQ comments to me - thanks.

or
matrix (at) dianetix.freeserve.co.uk

Cheers.

IP:

kv
posted February 06, 2005 10:07 PM            
The correct clan flag pack is now up and available for download.

IP:

posted February 07, 2005 12:24 AM            
Good place to start and a fine lesson for me in letting go. Keep up the good work.

IP:

=CAT=Viper-II
posted February 07, 2005 07:46 AM            
Ok I like the pvt meet to sort out things that can help all of us.....yes this looks like a postive direction to keep TM alive....good work...who knows with a little push we could fill all 20 flags !

IP:

Teulk
posted February 07, 2005 12:57 PM            
OK--silly Q time--
Do I need to actually do the deletions, or will the packs over write what was originally written.
Only reason I ask, is, well, whenever I start to mess with the individual files in ANTHING, I usually muck it up!!
Thanks...

IP:

kv
posted February 07, 2005 05:36 PM            
The files don't overwrite anything. If you don't delete the files, then you will still have the clans listed in your color list. Because the server won't be supporting those options anymore, it's best to just delete them.

IP:

pablito
posted February 07, 2005 06:14 PM            
quote:
1. Remove all (clan)banner.bmp files from the art/teamlogos folder and all (clan)banner.ent files from the entities/insignia folder. If you maintain a Clan DDM specific addons folder, just delete all the files inside it.

it's not as bad, just have 2 windows open, one exploring TM and copy last paragraph into notepad in case you forget what you need to delete (note that they key word is "clan" related files)... then just continue downloading the new pack and you' done.

[This message has been edited by pablito (edited February 07, 2005).]

IP:

kv
posted February 09, 2005 05:09 PM            
bumping because I still haven't heard from some clans.

Those who need to contact me are:
BWL
DOG
GA
FL
and possibly ZE/TC, whatever their status is.

IP:

Irascible
posted February 10, 2005 12:17 AM            
Huh?

IP:

Rex R
posted February 10, 2005 01:13 AM            
Ras- he wants you (or a designated rep) to contact him for the port no.(dunno mayhap he is planning a change?) etc., etc.

IP:

Irascible
posted February 10, 2005 02:45 AM            
Zuh?

IP:

Irascible
posted February 10, 2005 02:45 AM            
Oh. Sorry. I'll get to it.

IP:

Irascible
posted February 11, 2005 03:37 AM            
So I got to it. Now I'm waiting. Refresh my memory. I'm waiting for a port number for the B-Day event, yes? The ranked DDM isn't hidden, is it?

IP:

synack
posted February 11, 2005 07:16 AM         
Hmmm ... I think that's the other way around.

IP:

kv
posted February 11, 2005 08:18 AM            
I only needed people to email me for the clan war, which is still over two weeks away.

All the other DDMs are still public as well.

The birthday bash is a public event just over a week away.

[This message has been edited by kv (edited February 11, 2005).]

IP:

Rex R
posted February 13, 2005 06:35 PM            
the easy way to switch out the old team stuff is; from my computer, navigate to the addons/art/textures, then using search (all or part filename) banner, delete them. goto addons/entities search for team and delete them as well. then unzip the new files and you're done.

IP:

Teulk
posted February 13, 2005 07:43 PM            
I tried that--but not sure if it worked..was on one of the servers ealier today, and tried to switch flag colours--nothing happened..
Soooooooo???

IP:

jujaga
posted February 13, 2005 07:58 PM         
Teulk, I believe that you couldn't change flag colors on the server you were on was because of one of the following 2 reasons 1) The server didn't support 20 flags, or 2) There was some sort of error happening... I'm prietty sure it's the first one...

------------------
=MOD= FISH!!! Whee!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Modulus :D Firefox 1.0 Rocks!!!

IP:

kv
posted February 13, 2005 08:34 PM            
Ok, I put my server up with 20 team flag support.

Server name is lunar_snowball.

IP:

Teulk
posted February 13, 2005 09:19 PM            
Never saw it...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 13, 2005 09:56 PM            
Didn't see it either...

IP:

kv
posted February 13, 2005 10:15 PM            
quote:

Never saw it...

quote:

Didn't see it either...

ok, does this mean you guys are seeing it or not?

I only just put it up a few minutes before I made that post, so I don't know what you mean when you say that.

IP:

jujaga
posted February 13, 2005 10:22 PM         
I believe what they mean is that the server doesn't show up in the list of servers... I don't see it either... perhaps it has the hidden setting on or something...

------------------
=MOD= FISH!!! Whee!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Modulus :D Firefox 1.0 Rocks!!!

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2