|
Author Topic:   I may regret this but.....
KiLlEr
posted February 04, 2005 05:00 PM            
I've decided to reopen logscan, and allow people to add thier servers to it.

Logscan (for those whom donot know ) is a client program that runs that "takes over" the TM servers running on the machine and reports statistical information to my website. You can also set up events, graph your stats, etc. The client also allows you to update the dedicated config file from remote, ban players, restart servers, auto kick players that use sware words ingame, and allow you to get at the server's GUI from remote.

Also, the client allows the use of TM's ingame chat system to vote to restart a map, vote to boot players, and add or remore AIs. (I'm going to resurect some of the old threads in the links forum for more info).

The latest version (3.8.7) fixed ALOT (and I do mean ALOT) of bugs, and is a heck of a lot more stabler.

Players can create an account on my website and download TMServerSpy, which will show you who's playing on selected servers (also viweable on my website).

Give me a holler if you want to add your servers.
http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted February 04, 2005 05:16 PM            
Al[expletive deleted]right!!!!!!!!

Give me a OOOMMPH! Thanks guy, we need this.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 04, 2005 06:01 PM            
let's wee how many servers join up

Dinochrome and BZP's server have it installed and are up and running, as well as my servers (Armageddon, One Shot, and TeamCTF) which are currently offline.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited February 04, 2005).]

IP:

Teulk
posted February 04, 2005 06:03 PM            
So I will ask the "ahem" inane question...do I need to do anything regarding this grand announcement??
Does it affect me in any way??

IP:

kv
posted February 04, 2005 06:38 PM            
no, this really only effects people who run servers and want the server stats recorded.

if you wish to not have your player stats recorded, you can register your nickname and modify your account to hide your stats from others.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 04, 2005 06:42 PM            
Also, if you play on a server that is running logscan, and that server has the in-game voting system enabled, you'll want to check out the docs on how to use it. The docs are located in the "Community Downloads and Links - Tread Marks" forum.

edit:

a direct link

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited February 04, 2005).]

IP:

VorDesigns
posted February 04, 2005 07:43 PM            
Thanks again for the assist in getting it up and running!

IP:

Teulk
posted February 04, 2005 07:47 PM            
Seen it--been there and actually read it...
Just want to let you know, as well, that your work and efforts here are greatly appreciated--even by those such as myself--(who doesn't really have much of a clue as to the goings on!!!LOL)

IP:

pablito
posted February 04, 2005 08:13 PM            
TM server' stats says no one in LDA at 8:10pm... but i'm going to check it out myself and compare accuracy. Checked on own stats on. But just Dinochrome and LDA. Event coming up... but no one invited sorry if i brought it up. Reduce priviledges then :P

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 04, 2005 09:04 PM            
YESSSSSS !!!!!

* Digital Orgasm !!!! *

IP:

posted February 04, 2005 11:29 PM            
yeah...very cool

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited February 04, 2005).]

IP:

Rex R
posted February 05, 2005 02:00 AM            
For the Record. I have no problems with my 'stats' being availible for all to see, and did not earlier. its not like you were shouting out my email addy(or at least I don't think so... )

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 05, 2005 04:14 AM            
Great to be apart of it again!

IP:

THETAXI
posted February 05, 2005 04:39 AM            
That ain't right pab. i was on at 8PM!! Ask G-man!!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 05, 2005 02:03 PM            
Yeah, there seems to be an issues from when I "disabled" logscan. LOL.

It'll get sorted out soon enough.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 05, 2005 04:25 PM            
Good news, I found the block as well as a bug that was hidden by the block. An update will be going out soon for the servers that are using it.

IP:

pablito
posted February 10, 2005 01:01 PM            
argh, still don't get it. Before I try to read the page again. If you go to your website and look at the server stats... would they show even if you haven't download something... or do you need something to see who's on them? (playing in the servers?) because I check the stats before going to play to compare, and I see no one but there's actually someone playing (which is pretty cool ) so, am I missing something?... aye, yeah, and what is the >CAT< against =DNX= server?????? !!!!! meow!(translation= my enemies often whine!)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 10, 2005 08:25 PM            
I confess, if theres a cat vs dnx server, i dont know about it. I wouldnt worry though. As for logscan. Theres some real cool tools for it. Like ServerSpy, and some extra commands for the server admin.

IP:

posted February 14, 2005 11:48 PM            
Well, what I would like to know is if the server admins will be able to turn the server on and off again via TMlogscan? THis will help out kv and Pablito alot.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 15, 2005 09:42 AM            
Logscan works by reading through the logfile of a tm server, so there is a delay between when something happens on a server (log on, log off, etc) and when it shows up on the website.

It's entirely up to LDA to decide wether they want to use it or not. I only recently pulled in the LDA server entries.

However, I would suggest Jim to hold off for a bit, since there seems to be a memory leak in LogScan. (which is totally ^&^%&^ up since it's written in C#, which like Java, automatically frees memory).

IP:

VorDesigns
posted February 15, 2005 07:09 PM            
Killier,

Don't know if this helps but your wre right about the green status button being the .Net Protection Fault; I chose ignore and TMLS continued to work without apparent issue.

FYI, don't run too many VMSystem, multiple TMServers and have your hardware monitoring set to too low a temperature for the processor, heh heh, it might shut your system down for you.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 15, 2005 10:57 PM            
heheheh.

The version I'm working on gets rid of the blinking led, so that won't happen again, bujt still no solution of the ram abuse. :/

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 18, 2005 09:48 AM            
I've tracked the memory leak down. It's ocuring in the webservice itself. I'm going to try a couple of things, but I'm afraid its not something I can correct. It may also be related to .Net 1.1 or Visual Studio 2003 (I originally used Visual Studio .Net), If what I try won't work, I'll try testing it with .Net 1.0.

IP:

Karldar
posted February 21, 2005 08:37 AM            
Word! Killer, you da man!

IP: