|
Author Topic:   Stock CTF Wednesday, 2nd Feb, 8PM PST, 11PM EST
posted February 01, 2005 02:11 AM            
All stock...see you there.

IP:

pablito
posted February 01, 2005 01:32 PM            
come, as you are, as you were.. as I want you to be ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Heard about Nirvanas' bassist shot at politics? (sorry, off topic) or is it? yeah it is.. ok, I'm done.

We'll try...

IP:

posted February 02, 2005 07:29 PM            
oops...I forgot to send the reminder...so not to night...sorry.

I forgot since I did not play the ifrit CTF...again sorry.

IP:

posted February 02, 2005 07:31 PM            
Well I just sent the for LDA to launch the server...we will see.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 02, 2005 07:42 PM            
Yes, having a good following can be worth it for sequels...

Tread Marks is something of an acquired taste, whether it's the level of chaos and lack of sites... basically a combination of a number of small things that we'd definitely do differently. And as many of you recall, we made Tread Marks in a year under the dark-cloud of Seumas' deteriorating health (which he kept to himself)... A number of changes would likely have been made before final release...but that is history now. Things such as the servers not detecting and updating player copies has been a problem... The version 5 game not being supported by our servers... etc., etc. ...much of which has been discussed over the years.

We should probably have a more technically accurate mode for tank combat.... all design issues it would be nice to consider and implement in some future spin-off of TM.

Our new landscape engine has some cool features which should get us some attention when we start showing it.

It's based on dem-data of the Aegean region and will Zoom-out to view an area of 100,000 square kilometers, perfect for making strategic decisions; and then smoothly zoom-in to view a single kilometer of map, great for battle viewing. To make this unprecedented level of real-time zoom possible, the engine generates one giant 3D map covering a million square kilometers... using procedural methods to keep it around 50 megs in size, instead of the 300+ megs it would take up with more conventional game mapping systems.

Jim

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 02, 2005 07:43 PM            
I'm still here at the office, so I just launched the stock CTF server.

Jim

IP:

posted February 02, 2005 08:00 PM            
most appreciated...see you all there

IP:

synack
posted February 02, 2005 08:34 PM         
Jim, we appreciate the update and the insight.

We're here to support you.

IP:

posted February 03, 2005 12:54 AM            
good turnout...thx for coming

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted February 03, 2005 07:11 AM            
Meh I can never make these now! 4am GMT? bah!

IP: