This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   FT&CD pak, input needed
Rex R
posted January 09, 2005 06:37 PM            
for those of you having probs with pak(or not). part of the problems stem from it hasn't been error checked(it wasn't availible when we were doing the BIG push to de-bug the mods) and it is improperly archived, also from just looking at the tank section I can see that a fair number of them don't need to be there. I'm willing to go through the pak and tidy it up...if there is a call to do so(since it will need to be re-hosted etc., plus it will take a fair amount of work checking files to see which ones actually need to be there) should I go through and tidy it up?

IP:

KONG
posted January 09, 2005 07:23 PM            
Yes, it throws many errors on the server. If I remember correctly Dudy was rushed to complete it the last time before he dissappeared.

Just remove all the tanks from the pack as well...

IP:

Rex R
posted January 09, 2005 07:46 PM            
thought I'ld leave one or two of the interesting ones... (wouldn't want folks to get complacent ) gonna take a while to go through 500 someodd ents

IP:

Teulk
posted January 09, 2005 08:42 PM            
If it comes out better in the end, I say--go for it--PLEASE!! -
Nice to have it without the errors in it..
Many thanks for the effort involved and taken..

IP:

KONG
posted January 09, 2005 09:11 PM            
maybe put a date in the filename so it is not confused with older versions still floating around out there

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited January 09, 2005).]

IP:

jujaga
posted January 09, 2005 09:12 PM         
Only modification needed in my opinon is that the Tron and the FTnCD mods be combined... that fixes the tanks problem...

------------------
=MOD= FISH!!! Whee!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Modulus :D Firefox 1.0 Rocks!!!

IP:

Rex R
posted January 10, 2005 01:23 AM            
actually it doesn't the ft & cd was supposed to be 'sso' meaning no client downloads were required. from the looks of things, I'd say that someone zipped their entities folder. at a guess about a 1/4 of the files can be deleted.

IP:

Rex R
posted January 10, 2005 03:46 AM            
um does anyone have the sound ent 'thud2' or the weapon 'microwave cannon' that contains 'thud2' tia

IP:

jujaga
posted January 10, 2005 12:35 PM         
Hmmm... I don't think so... currently, I'll just say, if it's possible to find the resources (I.E. find the mising stuff), then add it in and fix it, if not, put that in your notes and when yer done, then deal with them. I'd hate to see any of them be ruined, or altered too much, cuz this has become my favorite pack...

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted January 10, 2005 01:07 PM            
that is part of fixing the mods . just don't get too used to how they work now, you may be in for a surprise when they are error free. one mod needed toning down(DVSDuke true laser) after being fixed...hehehyou could frag a tank in under 2 sec.s once the errors were fixed and it was running at full speed.

IP:

Teulk
posted January 10, 2005 01:11 PM            
Don't recall seeing that one on the FTCD pak--did I miss it?

IP:

jujaga
posted January 10, 2005 01:42 PM         
My point being, try to retain as much of the weapons, tanks, etc, while making it as error free as possible. Like I said, this has become my favorite pack...

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 10, 2005 07:14 PM            
I have the FTnCD pak also, but it has been combined with some other ents. Not sure if the source is sitting arround anywhere.

After doing a search for "thud2" on all ent files I have:
BeamExplo.ent has tag soundentity=thud2
There is no file that is the Thud2 entity though.

Remember that the entity name and the ___.ent might not match - especially with stuff Dudymas put together

BTW, http://www.wingrep.com might help you find stuff you've lost.

Note that my search doesn't decompress zips and I have a ton of those. I might go back later and decompress my FTP archive for my server and see if anything there has the "thud2" entity.

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited January 10, 2005).]

IP:

Rex R
posted January 11, 2005 01:48 AM            
well I got the pak off your site...so far I found and corrected 30 errors(approx) most of which are; typos, and wrong ent calls(calling one weap by its old name) and such. some errors ( I think) were derived from making it sso (stripping out stuff that called non-stock items, BigBlackSmoke.ent for example(that one I had in my archives))
server ops might want to disable the mining kit though .

IP:

posted January 11, 2005 02:13 AM            
Rex is an excellent source for double checking your mods. Thanks for doing that.

IP:

Rex R
posted January 11, 2005 02:47 AM            
one of the original =mod monkeys= (tho I didn't fly that name )

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 11, 2005 11:18 AM            
Well, at one time I was going to make the FTnCD pack actually workable (fix the bugs). I started but never got finished. As in I got about 1 or 2 entities fixed.

Thats about the time I posted it on my site saying "Anyone want to fix it?"

Tell me when its all fixed up Rex and I'll put up a notice on my homepage

IP:

jujaga
posted January 11, 2005 01:38 PM         
Yay! I'm so excited!!!

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted January 14, 2005 01:07 PM            
well it seems to be ready for beta testing. pak includes a 'temp' patch to fix the 3 errors I've found in tm(stock). I kinda lost track of how many pak errors I fixed(somewhere around 100)took out over 100 files, the zip is 9kb lighter. added a defensive weap...though some might not call it that .

IP:

Teulk
posted January 14, 2005 03:09 PM            
I'll give it a shot..if that's OK--

IP:

jujaga
posted January 14, 2005 06:30 PM         
Let me know when the beta label is lifted from the pack... I can't wait!

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted January 15, 2005 01:13 AM            
T sent to your forum addy

IP:

Rex R
posted January 16, 2005 02:26 AM            
have I mentioned who 'easy' it is to get a reply from testers...lately. well since I haven't heard from Teulk...the following might be possible; he never got it, he got it and it caused his box to 'make a noise like a yeti' & melt down, or he is trying to find out just whats in the pak(by playing it). addresses or links to where to send it pls

IP:

KONG
posted January 16, 2005 11:24 AM            
send me a copy rex and I will put it on the server to see if it causes any errors

IP:

Teulk
posted January 16, 2005 03:21 PM            
Didn't realize there was a tme limit for testing!!
Gave it a shot--for about an hour--and all seems well. NO "mystery tanks" showed up.
Will use it some more later today.
Sorry for the delay in responding--will try harder next time!!

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2