|
Author Topic:   I have a huge problem and need a lot of help fast.
Tank target
posted January 08, 2005 03:57 PM         
Yeah in four months my family will switch to another isp which is good except I need windos xp which for some reason does not and refuses to play tread marks. My Mom got windos xp and tread marks was installed on it then when she got it TM stopped working.

IP:

jujaga
posted January 08, 2005 05:25 PM         
Errr... Windows XP is an operating system, not an ISP... are you talking about online play? Are you talking about Windows XP SP2? I've heard some problems coming up from installing Service Pack 2... due to the firewall and it blocking everything... hmmm... I don't exactly know what you are exactly talking about...

------------------
=MOD= FISH!!! Whee!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Modulus :D Firefox 1.0 Rocks!!!

IP:

synack
posted January 08, 2005 06:25 PM         
I'm presently running TM on XP, with no problems. I have not installed the service pack.

IP:

coaxs
posted January 08, 2005 06:32 PM            
I have TM running on XP sp2 with no problems.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Teulk
posted January 08, 2005 07:33 PM            
moi aussi...

IP:

THETAXI
posted January 08, 2005 07:34 PM            
Lol... I have some experience with this...

if you are you using MCaffee as your antivirus?

if soooooooooo

#1 double click the mcaffee icon on the bottom-right portion of your screen
#2 click on "McAffee Firewall"
#3 click con "Control Internet Programs"
#4 Search for the TREADMARKS file
#5 ALLOW IT TO PLAYY ANY WAY IT WANTS TO
#6 accept/apply or whatever
#7 See you on the field.

IP:

VorDesigns
posted January 08, 2005 07:53 PM            
First; if you are using a high speed connection make your parents pop for a cheap Linksys or Netgear router, any ISP that cant support all commercial OS installations using TCP/IP are just crapping on the customer or making a lot of money from Microsoft.
Second; WindowsXP pseudo firewall or one of the firewalls bundled with anti-virus might be your problem. Of course you were somewhat detail scance on your problem other than it dont work.

IP:

Tank target
posted January 08, 2005 08:35 PM         
Thank you. And I am not using XP for internet it is required for the isp i'm going to use.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 08, 2005 08:45 PM            
An ISP that requires you have a certain OS - this is news to me, who is this ISP ?

btw - XP Pro here, NAT Router / AVG Antivirus and Norton Softwall - TM and TM Server runs flawlessly.

IP:

=CAT=Viper-II
posted January 11, 2005 11:20 AM            
I have Xp home, No problems running it, I did not install the service pak...I wonder if that is the problem.....I did try d/lding
up dates to my vid-card TM would not run I uninstalled those drivers and game played again!........................

What's with this service pak, do you guys recommend it or just forget it uh ?

[This message has been edited by =CAT=Viper-II (edited January 11, 2005).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 11, 2005 11:29 AM            
Its a very split issue on service packs....

personally ive been to pc's that have been seriously screwed by SP2, i personally dont recommend it.... All mine has on is the hotfixes and XPDite.

Service packs imho cause more problems than they fix.... i call them DisService Packs... but as i say, opinion is split because XP is so diverse, on some systems it will be flawless, others will be piled into a hard drive reformat.

One word....

"BACKUP" ! always BACKUP before any major change to an OS.

IP:

=CAT=Viper-II
posted January 12, 2005 12:47 PM            
Thank you Martix, I have herd it put the same way at Comp-USA. I'll take your advice a leave sleeping dogs lay...NRM....

YES ALWAYS BACK UP "It can't be said enough !"

[This message has been edited by =CAT=Viper-II (edited January 12, 2005).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 12, 2005 01:52 PM            
Youre welcome, i look at it pretty much like a leg. If its broken, by all means fix it... if its not broke, dont. To me, Service Packs are like trying to fix one break, but causing another to do it - pointless, youre just shifting the problem around.

IP: