This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   Clan MOD
jujaga
posted January 01, 2005 01:31 PM         
Yep, this is the new topic... a clean slate, clean of crap and junk and stuff. Yep.

------------------
=MOD= FISH!!! Whee!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Team Game :D Firefox 1.0 Rocks!!!

IP:

KONG
posted January 01, 2005 01:58 PM            
Clan Modulus

"In its most elementary form, arithmetic done with a count that resets itself to zero every time a certain whole number N greater than one, known as the modulus (mod), has been reached."

IP:

jujaga
posted January 01, 2005 02:14 PM         
Nice one, I really like that one, however, I will wait a bit longer to see if there are any more responses to this forum as of more idesa. Also, the quote that you made, I had to read it 15 times to get it... that's one complex quote...

------------------

IP:

KONG
posted January 01, 2005 03:04 PM            
Yeah, good thing I only copied it and didn't attempt it myself...

------------------
All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.

IP:

jujaga
posted January 01, 2005 03:14 PM         
I believe that I am leaning towards Clan Method, for that every clan has a method of playing... If you know what I mean, also, a motto could be "What's your method?"...

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 01, 2005 04:09 PM            
"Yeah, good thing I only copied it and didn't attempt it myself..."
- Nothing like the habbit of a lifetime eh ?

Re: Clan Method, kinda catchy, i like it... You could use music on your setup like Crystal Method, and u will have the basis of a rather awesome transparent and sparkling logo.

IP:

jujaga
posted January 01, 2005 04:11 PM         
I think I'm about ready to finalize and officially say that this is Clan Method, however, I have no idea how to make transparent logos or flags... I do know how to do normal ones however...

------------------

IP:

Teulk
posted January 01, 2005 04:22 PM            
"You could use music on your setup like Crystal Method"

Anything like Crystal Meth??

Interesting correlation?? Or Not??

IP:

jujaga
posted January 01, 2005 04:24 PM         
I don't know... Method or Modulus? Also, what is the Crystal Method?

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 01, 2005 05:15 PM            
http://www.thecrystalmethod.com/
Crystal Method - The Legion of Boom

IP:

jujaga
posted January 01, 2005 05:45 PM         
Ok, I checked the Crystal Method out, however, I have no idea what it is for, even though I know it is about music, and also, what is the point you are trying to get across?

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 01, 2005 06:17 PM            
open the amp, select a track, click play ! - Their motto (kinda) is "Legion of Boom" catchy dont ya think ? LOB ? Crystal Method is also a good clan name, Method being one of the suggestions pertaining to MOD, just thought you could use it in some way... no biggie, just trying to bring up ideas.

IP:

jujaga
posted January 01, 2005 06:27 PM         
Oh... because, what I was thinking of you trying for me to get the idea was that in the future when I make a webpage, I should have streaming media coming down as music... heh... but that works too... anyways, I'll first pick between Method and Modulus, then think of a motto or something... starting on Monday, I won't be able to be here as long as usual for the fact that school comes back and so does homework... sigh... oh well...

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted January 02, 2005 08:23 AM            
quote:
Crystal Meth

god don't remind me!

IP:

Teulk
posted January 02, 2005 12:42 PM            
"those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end...."

IP:

jujaga
posted January 02, 2005 05:59 PM         
I jujaga, am glad to announce Clan Modulus, Masters of Destruction. Now, I must find inspiration for a logo...

------------------
=MOD= FISH!!! Whee!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Team MOD :D Firefox 1.0 Rocks!!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 02, 2005 07:23 PM            
... and some members - especially considering the clan name inferrs multiple ppl in its exquisite use of plural.

You need (unless its changed) 5 players minimum in TM to be considered a clan (some1 else can handle explaining TC this time)... once you have 5, you need to look at the NEW TEAM PACK myself and bamzippow setup (then taken by 666 and further modified without credits on the same day for use with clan events) and ask dave to set you up and put out the new pack.

Odd really, i was the one that setup the original master flag pack too, that was soon taken from dmf uncredited also... but i just figured "what the hell... thats how ppl ARE in tm"...

You'll need a clan flag also.

Id offer server space and a free clan forum, but thats at dmf, and your family has issues with you using the service, so im afraid youll have to find other arrangements.. most likly with banners unless some1 will donate some space, bandwidth and runtime.

IP:

jujaga
posted January 02, 2005 07:35 PM         
Ok, now I will rename it just Team Modulus... if that is the case... then, I will look for a logo inspiration, then um... yep. I'm gonna see if I can get my parents to change their mind... and I'll go from there... oh, does this mean I have to go into the modding business? I'm not really good with coding and stuff...

------------------
=MOD= FISH!!! Whee!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Modulus :D Firefox 1.0 Rocks!!!

IP:

jujaga
posted January 02, 2005 07:44 PM         
Also, I can't find dmf... where is it?

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 02, 2005 10:13 PM            
site: www.dmf.filetap.com
forum: www.dmf.kicks-ass.net

Nobody HAS to go into modding, and nobody here can do everything modwise, its more of a group collective, theres something we all excel at, with me its map design for example, you may want to do vehicles, or vehicle physics tweeking, skinning, UV mapping or a whole host of other bits.

IP:

jujaga
posted January 02, 2005 10:48 PM         
Ok, for now however, I will be held up by school, dont be surprised if you don't see much anymore... oh, BTW, I use the GIMP for picture editing, you can find it at http://www.gimp.org

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted January 03, 2005 01:17 AM            
and if you're not careful with your modding...you'll get a note from THE DPA (only applies to released mods)explaining just what you did wrong, and a suggestion(or two) of how to fix it

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 03, 2005 03:30 AM            
I dont think anyones told him what the DPA is as yet Rex lol.... allow me...

"DialUp Players Association"

Basicly the 56k ppl who experience online game lag due to excessive amounts of ents within a mod. Because they cant shuttle around data the way say, an ISDN, or DSL or Cable player can, they really feel the lag; this is best observed when a 56k player zooms off into the distance screaming "HHHEEEEELLLPPPPPPPP I CANT TURN OR STOP THE TANK !!!!!". For this reason, mods are categorised in Hi lag and Lo lag in SSO (server side only) or downloadable content mods.

The high lag stuff can be fun, but its murder on ppl like Cybercannon out in the Boonies & Coaxs in Calif; the base reasoning is "they have as much right to a smooth game as anyone else", and theyre right...

The motto here is "Be considerate when modding"; cos believe me, the only thing worse than having the DPA on your back, is having the mining guild knocking on your door with a small package of cookie dough for mr BOOM !

IP:

jujaga
posted January 03, 2005 10:51 AM         
Ok, I'll keep that in mind, however, like I said, I'll probably not be able to mod in the first place for the fact that I am not good with coding, and secondly, I have to think to much... thinking hurts... for me anyways...

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted January 04, 2005 01:46 AM            
brief history of the DPA; one day I got tired of fixing yet another mod(they were causing the game to hiccup) and I put my foot down(in this venture I was joined by 'Kevlar') the stated goal was zero errors caused by mods(about this time an error checking program was released by 'Dreamer'). we sat down and went through every single mod and fixed them. out of 100(or so)mods I believe we only rejected 6 as unfixable(due to the fact the modder couldn't be bothered to work with us & we couldn't figure out what they had intended the mod to do). server ops found that the 'fixed' mods ran smoother and were happy. this became the standard and the dpa went inactive(I did find an error with one of the stock tanks(its still there) but it is a minor error). the dpa flag is in the flag pak (if you're curious) once in a while I put together a mod pak with the dpa stamp on it but, by in large the dpa(me) is no longer needed

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3