This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   MERRY XMAS !!!!
=DNX= Matrix
posted December 24, 2004 10:39 AM            
Picture and greeting removed.... To anyone who gives a crap, its up at the dmf...

Why do i bother....

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited December 24, 2004).]

IP:

KONG
posted December 24, 2004 11:19 AM            
What's Xmas?

IP:

KONG
posted December 24, 2004 11:31 AM            
found this on a website:

"Can anyone out there, answer me this...what is Xmas????

I know what Christmas is, but what is this Xmas?

Oh sure people will say it is just a short cut, instead of having to write out Christmas.

Let me ask you this, what is that song they sing before cutting the cake at your birthday? Is it the Xday song? Or do the words go something like this...

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday Dear X,

Happy Birthday to you,

Oh that is right, they put in your name. So then why do people take out Christ's name in Christmas?...which happens to be the celebration of CHRIST's birth!"

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 24, 2004 11:32 AM            
pointless explanation, falls on deaf ears....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 24, 2004 11:37 AM            

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 24, 2004 11:39 AM            

IP:

KONG
posted December 24, 2004 11:40 AM            
then try "happy holidays". I respect your right not to believe in any god. Please don't belittle other peoples faith.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 24, 2004 12:15 PM            
"Please don't belittle other peoples faith."
- Ya know what, you really PI$$ me off...

I havent mocked your faith.. I dont even know what your faith is !! - Christian, Catholic, or one of a hundred others ... look who answered my first post, and ripped it appart in the 3rd post... then ask again who is mocking whom...

"which happens to be the celebration of CHRIST's birth!"
- Thats an arrogant assumption based on the fact that EVERYONE believes in Christ; and thoise who dont have no right to well wish others.

Further pointless explanation, falls on deaf ears....

**** it ! Why did i even bother making the card...

IP:

jujaga
posted December 24, 2004 01:25 PM         
I'm buddhist... I'll quote: DODO BIRDS RULE!!!

------------------
FISH!!! Me have fun!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? :D Firefox 1.0 Rocks!!!

IP:

coaxs
posted December 24, 2004 02:28 PM            
I actually call it the Bday song.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Random Chaos
posted December 24, 2004 02:46 PM            
I would diegn a reply here, but I fear that Kong has already destroyed the holidays spirit arround here...

There is a word for that: Anti-christmas spirit.

I have to say that anyone who is so stuck up to say that x-mas is different then Christmas is clearly needs their head examined. It isn't the spirit of giving and understanding that they seem to proclaim with Christmas when they attack people for using x-mas.

IP:

synack
posted December 24, 2004 04:04 PM         
Sorry to have seen this happen.

Peace.

IP:

KONG
posted December 24, 2004 04:25 PM            
very profound RC

IP:

kv
posted December 24, 2004 07:25 PM            
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

In addition, please also accept my best wishes for a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make this country great (not to imply that this country is necessarily greater than any other country or area of choice), and without regard to race, creed, colour, age, physical, ability, religious faith or sexual orientation of the wisher.

This wish is limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting whichever comes first. "Holiday" is not intended to, nor shall it be considered, limited to the usual Judeo-Christian celebrations or observances, or to such activities of any organized or ad hoc religious community, group, individual or belief (or lack thereof).

Note: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms.

1. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal, and is recoverable at the sole discretion of the wisher at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all.

2. This greeting is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.

3. This greeting implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for the wishee her/himself or others, or responsibility for the consequences which may arise from the implementation or non implementation of it.

4. This greeting is void where prohibited by law.

Please Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message However, we do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

IP:

THETAXI
posted December 24, 2004 08:41 PM            
Happy holidays everyone! I'm down in the tropical jungle with my family for a couple of weeks. Enjoy yourselves!!! Laterz!!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 24, 2004 08:42 PM            
HAHAHA THAT ROCKS 0 and so TOTALLY covers all boundry's, ill use that in future and credit you

Have a great XMAS Kv

and since im feeling a tad better than i did earlier, heres the pic i made for you all before its meaning was so utterly trashed.

Please enjoy the day, however you chose to celebrate it.

Go on, raise a smile, click this: http://www.samsungexplore.com/playing/games_arcade/AdventCalendar/weebl/day24.swf

Regards
Rix.

IP:

pablito
posted December 25, 2004 12:52 AM            
**Christ's exaltation sent to listeners** Anyone else have a
Kv's greeting

IP:

Irascible
posted December 25, 2004 01:53 AM            
Matrix: Christmas in this country and even yours is at least historically a religious holiday. The politically correct "happy holidays" is the ACLU imposed attempt to remove all traces of the religion from it. While I don't much care for the phrase, at least it's the incremental and seemingly benign move that we've come to expect from the left.

But "Merry Xmas" is insulting on a fundamental level. PLEASE hear me out with an open mind before you respond! The best way to explain it would be to do the same thing to other religious holidays and then ask yourself how people who are strong in those faiths might respond.

To the Jew during Hanukkah: Happy Candle Lighting!!!
To the Muslim during Ramadan: Happy Half Day Fasting!!!
To the Hindu during the Festival of Lights: Happy Oil Lamp Day!!!
Not insulting enough?
Happy Xnukkah!!!
Happy Xmadan!!!
Happy Festival of X!!!

It's extraordinarily easy to understand how a Jew, Muslim or Hindu could have reason to be insulted by my mock terms above. It should be just as easy to understand why a Christian could be insulted by the term Xmas. Granted, not all are. But those that are insulted are not without reason. Nor are they a kooky fringe element of the Christian faith.

I don't think you were "attacked" Matrix. RC is being a bit of a drama queen to suggest as much. The term Xmas is insulting to some for very real reasons. A person of the Christian faith responded - just as I am. There's no attack in my words or tone - only an explanation.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited December 25, 2004).]

IP:

posted December 25, 2004 02:01 AM            
Happy holidays all!

IP:

Irascible
posted December 25, 2004 02:16 AM            
BTW. If this matters to you Matrix: I don't think for a minute that you were trying to do anything other than be cheerful. While I can't relate to this thing people call "cheerful", I respect their right to engage in it. ;^) So I wish that Kong had taken a more diplomatic tact by first reciprocating the holiday cheer and following up with some explanation. But diplomatic tact is not his strong suit nor is it mine. Hopefully I mustered up enough tact here that you'll at least acquiesce to the idea that there is the possibility of an unintended insult in the term.

If not then Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays anyway.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 25, 2004 06:11 AM            
So if i am not religious, in fact I am the opposite entirely, then is not "Christmas" as insulting to me ? when i dont believe and prefer "Xmas".... In fact, by forcing the use of "Christmas", does that not imply im wrong for not believing and thus forcing your faith upon me to greet in a way you see fit rather than simply accepting it for what it is ? Honestly, if every religion group on the globe took this "insult at its most fundamental level" then every religion would be at each others throats fir simply well withing those of another faith.

Neither of us is the best diplomat, but this comes down to respecting each others beliefs - if i wanted to insult you id have just said "Pi$$ off you talentless gay black migit fag", instead i didnt, i greeted you in MY WAY... perhaps I should have created a card incorporating every religious greeting on the planet so as not to offend any particular religion base. Ive explained we dont use "happy holidays" in the uk... thats an american term we dont subscibe to, same as "vacation" - THAT to us is "holidays".. So here it is one final time for those whom it just simply wont find a vacant space in their brain to settle:

Christmas - for religious groups
Xmas - for non religious groups

Whatever your interpretation, if you chose to see that as an insult at its most fundemental level, then i feel for you, cos thats just freekin sad..... ok !

Ras - is the 25th, so just enjoy it yeah and hope that weather ppl believe or not, they enjoy it too Cos thats the point - and if religious groups really DO wish "goodwill to men" then your text has lost its meaning and your faith has taken you where it shouldnt have. Insulting the beliefs of another by showing their beliefs to be insulting to you, when your beliefs could be just as insulting to them when forced upon them, or being forced to justify a faith or belief just to simply say "happy (whatever)".

"Hopefully I mustered up enough tact here that you'll at least acquiesce to the idea that there is the possibility of an unintended insult in the term"
- I see no insult, i can see that people of a different faith can be ruddy touchy about the beliefs of others thoughm and to that endm i have to ask is their faith strong enough to accept the faith of belief systems of another who's ideas on religion dont tally with theirs... isnt patience, goodwill to all men and acceptance a part of the christian faith ? if it is, i ask you to question your faith, because you (being general now), have seen fit to ignore the goodwill within your faith to question that of another.

If happy holidays works for you, then so be it...

Next year ill just post "Merry [fill in the blank according to your faith system]" - kinda takes the feeling out of it, but it should conform for most stuck up ****s on the day and id hope nobody could be insulted by that. NOW you know why i think religion sucks.... cos its leads to all this garbage.... nobody should have to justify a belief in order to greet or wellwish another - its upto a persons indevidual faith to take on the greeting and accept it for what it is rather than ripping it to bits and telling them they are being insulting - see where im coming from ?

Thx...

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited December 25, 2004).]

IP:

Irascible
posted December 25, 2004 10:44 AM            
Of course I'm capable of a long and detailed response. But it would be futile. I've outlined a very reasonable rationale. The name X-mas IS a mockery for SOME and is a very specific attack on Christianity. Why don't we see other mutilations of other religious holidays? That was rhetorical of course.

Anywho, let's leave this drudgery and get back to something you said in the other thread. I'll replay after I run a service call. The whole goodwill towards men thing is a REALLY fun topic (and I mean it, you'll get a kick out of what I have to say).

IP:

THETAXI
posted December 25, 2004 11:13 AM            
Lol, this thread sounds like a real family at a holiday gathering

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 25, 2004 11:35 AM            
Well ya know what they say one mans muck is another mans gold... ya cant please everyone & this is the way we do xmas in our family,like it or lump it, thats what athiests do !! lol

Im actually not at all interested WHAT ppl think of it, i have no interested in how others celebrate the day either... my sole and only point was a well wish to the ppl on this board, and if thats too hard to accept, in any form, well tough cheese lol, ya (meaning someone, generalised) must have to have had a tough upbringing to be to so damning of others on a fun n festive day when they only wish you happy times is all i can say.

Ive explained to the best of my ability, i can do no more.

Those who would see my atheism as an insult should take a long hard look at their own religions - especially catholics.. (choirboys, buggery etc etc). And can a christian, truely call themselves richeous of god when they so openly tell others that their beliefs is an insult to others ?

Intersting.. Try reversing that situation, and i piped up about finding christianity or catholocism insulting... you'd be on me like a pack of dogs....

Believe it or not, the door DOES swing both ways... I have pity for ppl who are sop closed and narrow minded they cant see that, and im ashamed that i even have to post this and explain it.. TODAY of ALL DAYS !

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited December 25, 2004).]

IP:

pablito
posted December 25, 2004 12:43 PM            
It's hard to explain a belief when the other person doesn't understand/comprehend.
But you must remember that no one is perfect, therefore judging someone for any reasons makes you a hypocrite.
The people who learn about G-d and understand somewhat his power don't speak about Him or His relatives as often.. you leave that to the cheap preachers that ask for money.
But seriously, I don't care if you don't go to church in years like me... you have to realize that there's a powerful being overseeing the equilibrium that the whole Universe depends on....!
The Christ (Messiah) is another higher level of conscience. Yes, there are many religions, I think G-d sent many seers* (prophets) on this earth to show us the way to a more humble/decent life... but there was a prophecy about the coming of the Messiah (the Son of G-d)... and it explained that he will be tortured and critized for years to come, yet nothing will not happen that wasn't written and everything happened accordingly to even Judaism's beliefs but they don't believe in Jesus because they're blinded with $ issues and power... anyways.. (they're the ones that really piss me off!) If I lived in the land where the Son of G-d walked I'd be so proud!> but whatever...
anyways.. my brother is an atheist and i used to be a big time "dark" follower... it's easier to destroy then to build... that was my mantra in the day... but luckily I grew up. And I was shown.
No one can teach someone about G-d or Jesus or whatever... that's a whole different subject, it only comes to you once you let it come to you.
I know there may be some people who may get offended by this post. I used to be the same way, I hated when people talked about G-d and Christ and whatever... I still drink, smoke and have pre-marital sex... I haven't changed that much... but at least I know where the light resides and no one will ever take that away from me.

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3