|
Author Topic:   CD Mailings
LDA
Administrator
posted December 08, 2004 07:48 AM            
How much does it cost to ship a CD...which is basically an oversized letter (bubble envelope) standard mail (or other method) from inside the USA to another USA address?

The reason that I'm curious is that we're having so may delays with the border that I'm going to look into having our custom CD orders done up and shipped from inside the USA.

I'd either create the CD image for each order here or just create the information text file that is included in the CD...The numbers are small, amounting to 5-15 per week....

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

IP:

pablito
posted December 08, 2004 11:56 AM            
Hi,
They shouldn't go for more than $.40 if
put them in pocket cardboxes which reduce the size of the package and price, instead of plastic jewel boxes.
If the program is not huge, couldn't you let people pay and download the software directly? such as McAfee products?

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted December 08, 2004 03:56 PM            
Some customers still like a CD copy, even if they download the games. Others are on dial-up and like a CD for Tread Marks....

Jim

IP:

=CAT=Viper-II
posted December 09, 2004 03:19 PM            
Priorty mail USPS 1 cd
Pri env. $4.30 from Mi To Ma....2 day del...
2nd class short money 4-5 days del all ground shipped...1st class about 1.25 not much more 2--3 day del!

[This message has been edited by =CAT=Viper-II (edited December 09, 2004).]

IP:

VorDesigns
posted December 09, 2004 07:19 PM            
First http://www.usps.com/customersguide/dmm100.htm#WhatAreYouMailing
or call 1ˇ800ˇASKˇUSPS

It's a business, they are usually much friendlier on the phone as opposed to going in person.

IP: