This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   what clans are there?
Heritic
posted November 29, 2004 01:02 PM            
Im new to the multiplayer world for Treadmarks. what clans are there to join?

IP:

coaxs
posted November 29, 2004 02:28 PM            
DNX
BWL
CAT
LWA
DOG
TC
GA
FL

It's less of you picking a clan and its more a clan picking you.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited November 29, 2004).]

IP:

synack
posted November 29, 2004 03:02 PM         
Hi Heritic, and welcome to TM!

I played against you the other day.

The clan initials all stand for something. I don't pretend to know all of them. Others will chime in to fill in the blanks or correct me where I'm wrong, I'm sure.

GA is Golden Ants
LWA is the Lone Wolves Alliance (the clan that is not a clan ... don't ask LOL)
DNX ... Rixy, I don't remember what DNX stands for - a little help here?
DOG - I think that's Death or Glory - something like that
BWL - Black Widow Lance (I think??)
TC - was that Temporal Chaos?
CAT stands for Chillin' at Tito's

Then again, there are those who choose not to belong to a clan at all, such as myself, and that's ok too. Except you can't officially play in a clan war if you don't belong to one clan or another.

So, pick your poison, and see ya on the servers!

IP:

THETAXI
posted November 29, 2004 03:27 PM            
DNX = DIANETIX..

"why?", you ask?

I have no idea.

[This message has been edited by THETAXI (edited November 29, 2004).]

IP:

THETAXI
posted November 29, 2004 03:27 PM            
echoooo echoooo echooo

[This message has been edited by THETAXI (edited November 29, 2004).]

IP:

Heritic
posted November 29, 2004 05:07 PM            
Thanks guys I'll see wich ones will take me. Thanks!

IP:

=CAT=PABLITO
posted November 29, 2004 05:20 PM            
Hi Heritic,
Welcome to TM!

I can't talk for the other clans, but ours has a nice group of people; they're mature, respectful and fun to chat with. We'd be glad if you consider joining us; it just depends if you want the same environment

Take care and see you in the servers

P.

------------------
LONG LIVE TM.

IP:

Heritic
posted November 29, 2004 05:29 PM            
Ok. I played against Viper II. Fun guy though. I might consider the CAT clan. I don't know though I want to see what the other clans I am legdible

[This message has been edited by Heritic (edited November 29, 2004).]

IP:

=CAT=PABLITO
posted November 29, 2004 05:33 PM            
For sure
I'll be back in the U.S. (I miss my cable dsl)on Dec 9th. so hopefully we can play each other >^_^<

Thank you for considering though!.

P.

------------------
LONG LIVE TM.

IP:

Heritic
posted November 29, 2004 05:38 PM            
Ok. We will see. I think Viper left because I kept winning

IP:

posted November 29, 2004 05:50 PM            
Hi Heritic from GA. Been trying to get another new person to post, Cody. But it looks like he needs some help.

As for GA...we are the racing clan...we all love to race and frag.

You are welcomed to any clan that will have you.

Most importantly, check out the scheduled events. It is the best time to get a group of us together to play with.

IP:

=CAT=PABLITO
posted November 29, 2004 06:00 PM            
lol... doesn't sound like him (Viper-II)... although he has some problems with his connection and sometimes just dissapears... also, don't be surprised if other (young & dumb) players pretend to be others to disturb you... you'll find out more as you keep playing. Just keep playing though

------------------
LONG LIVE TM.

IP:

Heritic
posted November 29, 2004 06:25 PM            
Well I think its cause I won 15 times in a row.
He told me the next morning.

IP:

THETAXI
posted November 29, 2004 06:51 PM            
hmmmmm

won 15 times eh?...

I'll be online all night!
>

See you there.

(THETAXI represent GA as well)

IP:

coaxs
posted November 29, 2004 07:07 PM            
You obviously weren't playing a veteran. :P

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted November 29, 2004 07:09 PM            
The community content download can be found here if you need it Heretic - enjoyed seeing you on my server.
http://www.treadmarks.com/download.html

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

THETAXI
posted November 29, 2004 08:32 PM            
Welcome to the battlefield! Now you've met HUT, PLT, and me! Wait 'till you see the REAL vets!

Don't get frustrated early. You'll get better.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 29, 2004 08:40 PM            
Welcome Heritic, ive seen your signup at DMF and will be processing your application shortly.

As above, DNX is not an acronym like most here, it arc's back to the old demo-group tradition of having 3 letters to represent your name. Our group used to be called DiaNetiX, I sold that to the Dianetics scientology group back in 2001, so now its plain old DNX. The clan was founded about 14 years ago (id have to check to be exact but its roughly that) and is the oldest clan here. Our clan board along with FL Clans board (Freelancers (missing from the above list)).

DMF is a general gamers and chatters community that the clan resides within - all are welcome.

We have many treadmarks guides and help pages, mods, maps and a whole lot more - feel free to be a regular - we wont mind a bit

Welcome to Treadmarks

IP:

Heritic
posted November 29, 2004 09:57 PM            
thank you Matrix

IP:

coaxs
posted November 29, 2004 11:18 PM            
Thank Matrix, I added FL to the list.

I'm the go-to guy for recruiting in DNX. We usually like to get to know potential members on the servers a bit before we grant them membership and make sure their skills have potential.

BWL doesn't recruit anymore? and to be recruited to TC you need to have been a beta-tester so there is only one member. :P

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 29, 2004 11:30 PM            
Theres also what i call "the dead clans" which are: EVIL (only ever had one member), ZE (had a few members but isnt around anymore) and T3S (The 3 Stooges, a fly by night clan that made one appearance on the servers then just seemed to dissapear)... but the ones listed are (to my knowing) all active clans.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 29, 2004 11:40 PM            
Things you should also know:

DNX - Oldest clan, currently 2nd in the rankings, the only multiformat clan here, largest membership ever was 300; currently lot less lol, but still in several formats inc BF1942, TM, Wolfenstein, HL2 and UT2k4

BWL - Dreamer (the leader isnt around much these days, Irascible is in effective charge should you want to contact them), BWL is the most active modding clan producing TMapper, ENTegrity, and a host of weapons from JVortex.. their bbs lies unused instead posting here, they are currently leading the clan war chart.

CAT - New clan headed by Pablito, ex-dnx member, gaining stength, no site or forum to speak of that i aware of, an up and coming clan - some good members, some spawning ones.

LWA - Bunch of lonewolves with a leader pretending to be a clan so lonewolves can participate in clan wars (much more than that is asking for trouble), a very quiet forum but they put up a good fight.

DOG - Another leaderless clan, uk based, good solid players though, nice site, not updated for ages, and no public forum to speak of.

TC - As coaxs said, Rc (Random Chaos) is the last of the BETA testers for TM, TC was the first clan, and the only clan of 1.

GA - Based in California, good strong players, very friendly ppl, forum not used in months, their leader GA_Number1 is a good weapons modder.

FL - New clan, apparently 3 members im aware of, private forum is held at DMF, lead buy a nice chap who cant decide on a permanent name for himself, so we just refer to him as FL or Freelancer.

IP:

coaxs
posted November 30, 2004 12:16 AM            
Don't forget FL is also ran by an other previous DNX member. :P

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 30, 2004 12:39 AM            
Good point, he's also trying to be a multiformat clan, i dont know how well thats going though.

You can find most if not all useful links at www.coaxs.net or on the drop menu's at the DMF forums.

IP:

=CAT=PABLITO
posted November 30, 2004 09:43 AM            
quote:
CAT - New clan headed by Pablito, ex-dnx member, gaining strength, no site or forum to speak of that i'm aware of, an up and coming clan - some good members, some spawning ones.

Thank you for the intro. As for the spawning ones coment I keep repeating my team mates not to spawn whom spawn.... it's a waste of time... I can recall countless names that have spawn me but I don't take it personal because it doesn't make a change in the final frag count :P
But to defend my team mates... it seems that they're taking charge in their own hands... if you spawn you shall be spawn.
Personally I don't care either way.
** Website under construction (should be done by Dec. 31) & don't need for a forum [we conference chat plenty of times which is more fun I think].

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3