|
Author Topic:   Would this computer run TM?
Random Chaos
posted November 23, 2004 09:35 AM            
http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=1954-2004_Computer.jpg

IP:

synack
posted November 23, 2004 10:13 AM         
I love the chromed double-wheeled game controller!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 23, 2004 10:22 AM            
How did u get a pic of me and the dmf server ? lol

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 23, 2004 01:30 PM            
That's actually a photochopped version of a submarine valve control display...

It's not even a computer!!

IP:

posted November 24, 2004 01:44 AM            
very cool shot...and image what they thought it would run...

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted November 24, 2004 06:10 PM            
I think it just needs a graphics card and monitor upgrade, Then you will be fraging
with the best of them :]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted November 26, 2004 10:48 PM            
*lifts off the cover and watches the ants running in tiny clyinders*...mh, nice touch.. =D

IP:

=CAT=Viper-II
posted December 05, 2004 09:29 PM            
RC what year was that photo taken do you know? That is really a eye full...almost like
man will never fly !!!!

IP:

Carnage
posted December 05, 2004 10:10 PM         
More info on the photo is available here - http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/computer.asp.

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Carnage (edited December 05, 2004).]

IP:

=CAT=PABLITO
posted December 06, 2004 12:38 AM            
Hey Carnage, nice seeing you posting!

I go as back as the 5-1/4 disks... I remember you had to load OS then change it and load software... and then change it back before shutting down...lol. Good old times.

IP:

=CAT=Viper-II
posted December 06, 2004 04:00 PM            
Ok Carnage, Pablo, Yugo....Vortex is going to re-progam that machine, so us <CATS> can use the "cloking device" against our enemies,
Keep it under raps so Taxie won't find out..
As far as going back $1275..for a 286 50 megs, 5/14 drive ram I think was 8 or 6 megs,
Apple went for $1900 all componets sold sep, key b, monitor, cpu, after taxes $2150..amen.
I paid 450 bucks to up-grade my 486 to a 2x cd drive with 16 bit sound card...OMG the money I spent on these machines !

IP:

synack
posted December 06, 2004 05:22 PM         
Oh you kidz ...

I started my professional career (a loooooong time ago) programming COBOL applications on an IBM 370-145 that took up half a room, doing my own keypunching (yeah, that's what they called it) to translate my hand-written program code onto 80-column punch cards to read into the computer. Whoa and suffering to those who did not bother to include sequence numbers in the card decks, lest a dropped deck of cards scramble your logic beyond recognition, and lead to errors untold.

Youz kidz have it easy today. *cough*

Will SOMEBODY please give me an IPL!!

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted December 06, 2004 05:55 PM            
One Initial Program Load coming up. Can we follow that with a nice Napoleon Brandy - Sir.
After that a relaxing massage to soothe the tired neurons.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

synack
posted December 06, 2004 06:09 PM         
Thanks for that IPL, Sailor. I needed that. An LLA refresh will soon be in order as well!

I'd fancy a B&B, thanks! (pokes the glowing embers in the fire, and adds a good couple of logs. That's the ticket. Rixy! Get over here. What are you drinking, youngin'?)

IP:

Teulk
posted December 06, 2004 09:24 PM            
Think I'll need to lean into the Jagermeister tonight---the winds a little stiff...
The fire sounds nice, though--need a lean-to as well...

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited December 06, 2004).]

IP:

coaxs
posted December 06, 2004 10:03 PM            
lol, those naughty RAND people.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=CAT=Viper-II
posted December 07, 2004 12:33 PM            
Yes Synack...I used the punch cards when I was in the USAF...P-66-1 -1a maintance procedure, if progamer screw up, than a 410 code lack of luberation would read test fly with out canopy OMG......print out would blow wing commander's main fuse uffa would he get piss....Yup we do have it made today as when you started Synack we really are dating our selfs OLD SOB's..lol

IP: