|
Author Topic:   New Switch
LDA
Administrator
posted November 02, 2004 06:40 PM            
With the move, we’ve put in a new switch on our fiber connection. Hopefully some of those lag problems will improve.

Jim

[This message has been edited by LDA (edited November 02, 2004).]

IP:

posted November 02, 2004 07:28 PM            
Excellent! Thanks for the upgrade.

IP:

synack
posted November 02, 2004 07:43 PM         
Jim,

You can be SURE we'll let you know.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 02, 2004 08:36 PM            
Cheers Jim

Now - hows about running that Halloween server again with say........ a 40 player limit more than that number downloaded it, and plenty didnt attend because they were out trick-or-treat'ing with the kids.

IP:

=CAT=PABLITO
posted November 02, 2004 09:52 PM            
THANK YOU!!!!
For any efforts whatsoever

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted November 03, 2004 07:42 AM            
I take a passive role in that I just turn the servers on/off as requested.

Those with ftp access to the server box upload whatever files required for any configuration.

The server box is an older PII but seems adequate... I'll upgrade that at some point although I'm not sure how much difference that will make.?

Jim

IP:

synack
posted November 04, 2004 09:00 AM         
I had a recurrence of a lockup problem last night playing on the main LDA site. It's been happening on and off over the past few weeks.

Game play is normal until TM suddenly locks up, and eventually times out. I've heard others complain of a similar problem. Sound off if you're among the victims.

I don't believe it's my PC as nothing has changed on my end. I don't know where the problem actually is, but thought I'd mention it here, for what it's worth.

[This message has been edited by synack (edited November 04, 2004).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted November 04, 2004 10:13 AM            
This happened once to me I think last week. I was on the Ifrit CTF about 20 mins before it was to begin, harmless was in the process of connecting to the server then everything froze. At first I assumed it was lag issues from someone joining, then cursed to myself hammered the 'esc' key and eventually gave up.

Came out of TM and opened up the master client which didn't connect. Tried connecting through TM multiplayer but still no joy. Was only for about 40 mins til I could get a connection but by this time I realised I was pretty damned hungry and tired.

IP:

THETAXI
posted November 04, 2004 12:26 PM            
Nope, not your PC. It happens to me all of the time too.

IP:

=CAT=PABLITO
posted November 04, 2004 12:35 PM            
Maybe the switch is getting to know everyone... ... it happened to me the other day.. but who cares... you can always come back... I noticed a decrease in lag... that's good (It happened after playing a couple of hours.. maybe that's a sign :|)

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted November 04, 2004 02:54 PM            
We've had our access disconnected a few times... nothing obvious... fixed by rebooting our switch.

It's been up since yesterday afternoon when we put the old tx-fx media converter back into the system.

Hopefully those freeze-ups where our server disconnecting and nothing more worrisome.

Jim

IP:

Random Chaos
posted November 04, 2004 05:34 PM            
Yeah - hopefully

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 04, 2004 08:19 PM            
Sounds like u got the model as me jim....

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 07, 2005 01:00 AM            
What make/model was that new switch? Just curious...

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted January 07, 2005 07:46 AM            
It's a D-Link DES 3226

It seems to be robust enough and has the features we needed to improve performance on our 100meg pipe... and most importantly, was a cost effective price.

Jim

IP: