|
Author Topic:   Sailor & Max
=DNX= Matrix
posted October 30, 2004 12:11 AM            
Sorry dudes, my Pc overheated mid game and crashed... By the time id got back, you were gone...

Now have an extra-special cooling system in place... should be ok now - the fans bigger than the pc lol .... and TURBO !! SPEEEEEEED !!

Ill keep the server running till (and if) the LDA hosted one launches.

IP:

KONG
posted October 30, 2004 12:39 AM            

couldn't resist

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 30, 2004 12:45 AM            
19 inch fan - not 9 lol

IP:

THETAXI
posted October 30, 2004 02:28 PM            
Lol! Too funny

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 30, 2004 02:30 PM            
yeah funny, but keeping my stsem at 40 degrees, it usually runs at 46, and if it goes past 48/50 - the system crashes.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 30, 2004 02:51 PM            
If you get the chance, you might wanna check fer dust bunnies or anything else that might be restricting airflow to the HSF.

Barring that, you could reapply yer thermal grease...after cleaning it of course!

IP:

coaxs
posted October 30, 2004 03:23 PM            
Ewwwww....

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 30, 2004 03:31 PM            
Yeah did all that already - the problem is that the CPU is heat damaged after a rather poor attempt at overclocking a couple of years ago..

I underclocked it top keep it running ok... when in games, it really pumps up the heat - thus - the fan....

IP:

Random Chaos
posted November 02, 2004 12:04 AM            
Sounds annoying...

My CPU usually sits 48-51C. My mobo temp and mid-air temp are between 27 and 32C usually. I have 4 exhaust fans and 3 intake fans, plus an extra intake hole (no fan)...

That is...1 60mm (slot fan under vid card) and 3 80mm exhaust (1 PSU, 2 rear chassis). 2 80mm (both front chassis, 1 behind harddrives) and 1 90mm intake (left chassis just in front of CPU), plus an empty 90mm intake hole (right chassis near front - will take 90mm fan). My CPU has a 80mm fan on it (aluminum casing for the fan too). And my vid card has whatever size fan it came with.

And I leave my window open throughout the winter usually...and my room is still warmer then the rest of the house with this thing on! If I turn it off and close the window, it's the coolest room in the house.

Oh - and it's a AMD 3000+ processor...puts out a lot of heat. And so does my PSU (460 Watt).

Anyway - I used to cool my laptop with a 9" fan

IP: