This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   Horror Server // Halloween
=DNX= Matrix
posted October 15, 2004 02:11 PM            
We have something real special planned for y'all.. watch this thread.

In the meantime, go grab the Anarchy Pack - youre gonna need it

25 Meg is the latest version pack which includes the pack, the patch, some extra maps, some weapon fixes, the Aug 04 map pack and the 15 team pack. If it aint 25 meg, its not the latest pack.

NB: The Horror Expansion pack WILL over-write some Anarchy pack files, so say YES when it asks.

IP:

pablito
posted October 15, 2004 02:38 PM            
Can I unzip the whole thing under addon's?...(as any other download)... or do I need to put it in its own addon folder?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 15, 2004 09:08 PM            
(from scratch and in order)

-Install TM
-Apply any official patch updates where applicable
-Install NEW 25Mb Anarchy Pack
-Install Halloween Pack

(play the server on halloween of course)

-Delete the addons folder (anarchy pack) after halloween.

The halloween is a mere addon pack of Anarchy that changes a few ents and graphics around so you get a real halloween feel. For that reason it overwrites certain files already IN the Anarchy pack. It will not (to the best of my knowledge) be in its own addons dir, it will mix in with the anarchy pack files in "addons".... nothing woi be written to your official game folders, only the "addons" folder created when you install the Anarchy pack..

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 16, 2004 12:07 PM            
Or instead of deleting the addons folder, rename it t o'holloween' or sumthing and use my TM addons selector program to switch between different add on folders.
http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 16, 2004 12:29 PM            
Or you could do what he said hehe

Joey, i plan to extend the Anarchy mod a little, can you reccommend any low lag weapons from your collection ?

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited October 16, 2004).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 16, 2004 01:06 PM            
letsee:

50mm
assgun
icemine
mpod - Robotech missle pod
sam - strategic assult magic
shockcannon
treegun

TM Whoop ass (need to fix this though)

Zentreadi assult seems to be fine as well, but that may be a little to powerful.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 16, 2004 01:43 PM            
Well, it IS Anarchy after all lol ....

Thx Joey ill test em out, best ones will go in and ill re-release the anarchy pack for xmas with some new gubbins in it, maps etc... couple of tanks....

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 16, 2004 05:33 PM            
I uploaded the updated Whoopass and Zentreadi Assault mods to my site.

IP:

Teulk
posted October 17, 2004 01:56 AM            
Sounds like a hoot---could be nice , although I AM scheduled to work Hallowe'en night... ]
I'll set up another pack just to have it though...being the greedy SOB that I am !!!!LOL

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited October 17, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 23, 2004 02:37 PM            
Teaser Pic

New Weapons by Rex Reynolds
- Jack o Lanterns
- Stake Thrower
- A Ghostly Skull
- Skull mines
- Ghost Attack
- Bats
- Spooky Mass

Graphics & Sounds by Matrix
- Intro Screens
- New Fonts
- Horror HUD
- All New Sppoky Sound FX
- Weapon Graphics

Hope to see you on the server - watch this thread for the download

IP:

posted October 23, 2004 03:09 PM            
thank you all for doing this...it looks really cool.

IP:

posted October 23, 2004 03:10 PM            
so will this be the fun DDM on the 31st?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 23, 2004 03:35 PM            
Well, its a server ill be hosting on that day/night yes, weather you want to use it for the fun ddm is upto you.

Ive decided to package the maps in with it too to save every1 downloading the full anarchy pack.

Everything you need will be in the one zip file.. and maybe a new map or 2 if i have time.

IP:

Teulk
posted October 24, 2004 12:18 AM            
So when is the dld going to be available??
Sounds like a hoot!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 24, 2004 12:26 AM            
Well.... Rex has done the weapons i requested plus made his own (Jack o Lanterns), the screens, hud, fonts and sounds are done... I guess ill make a couple o new maps to shove in there just for the sheer hell of it.. then i guess its ready for release

If anyone plans to run this as a server - a dedicated config will come with it and the 15 teams will already be setup.

Alls i can tell u atm is, play this at 4am LOUD, on your own, in a big house .... and make sure you have a loo roll ready If you havent had a bowel movement before 4:30 - you dont scare easily lol ....

IP:

Rex R
posted October 24, 2004 01:23 AM            
bwaahahahaha

IP:

posted October 25, 2004 10:38 PM            
THis will be the fun DDM for this Sunday...so where is the link for the download?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 25, 2004 11:31 PM            
Its going to be here on short notice - that seems to be the current trend around here atm...

No but seriously, i almost have the 2 additional maps ready. The pack should be around 12 megs and it should be here tomorrow night.

The pack will ship with:

- New Intro Screens
- New Menus
- New Sounds
- New Fonts
- New Graphics
- New HUD
- New Horror Tanknames
- New "countdown" and "end game" sounds
- The August Fun Flags Pack
- The 15 Teams Pack & Team Flags
- A2597's HQ Fire FX
- Some of Killers weapons
- The dedicated server file
- Some modified existing mod & stock weapons
- Rex's NEW Jack o Lanterns and modified stock weapons
- 3 Maps (inc Haunted house (low lag version / no cruise checkpoint) and 2 new ones based on the haunted house map)

Alls i can say atm is "if you ever played the haunted house map on the Anarchy server, you WILL see a significant difference.. this is evrything the haunted house map SHOULD have been".

If youre going to be anywhere on the 31st, make sure its on Uncle Matrix Haunted Server (FUN DDM run by 666).

Rather than run a server myself (seems no point is 666 is to use it for the fun ddm) ill keep my linky open for downloading the pack.

It is a single zip file, creates the usual addons folder in the standard way. You do NOT NEED TO ADD ANYTHING dave. Just upload it and run it.

upload / run / upload / run - NO CHANGES

As a side note : DMF will be running a THEME forum for the day.. you will need to press CTRL & F5 to clear your browser cache and see the new graphics - same again the day after to go back to marble.

Thx.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited October 25, 2004).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted October 25, 2004 11:46 PM            
Can't make it! sorry!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 26, 2004 04:13 AM            
DOWNLOAD HERE :: 10Mb Single Zipfile

For those interested, heres a quick rundown of the 3 maps.

Spook House:
This is the classic Haunted House map. Firing weapons insiode the house MAY destroy you instead of the enemy, also you will be pushed around in there by unseen forces. This map features the house, a graveyard out front, and a nice pituresque mausoleum with treewalk and long-pond.

Snipe Ridge Cemetary:
This is mainly about a mauseleum rather than the house. The mauselium is on a hill in the middle. Tree lined hill to the sides are higher, and are excellent for sniping... The house on the map shadows 3 pups.... if you can find them.

Silent Hills:
Again, mauseliem in the middle on a hill surrounded by 2 fully used graveyards and 1 semi used graveyard. Zombies protect the pups in the middle. Each pad is designed to slope inward so you can see battles taking place on the other 2 pads adjacent to which one you are on at any point in the game. If youre good, you may be able to snipe from pad to pad

If ur afraid, try the maps in SP b4 you go on the MP server... but for maximum scare power - wait till the live server on the night 20 to 30 tanks in SP will give you maximum effect, and enough screams to keep the Monsters Inc factory running FOREVER lol ...

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited October 26, 2004).]

IP:

Teulk
posted October 26, 2004 03:56 PM            
My anarchy pack sits at 22meg--not the correct version, I take it..is it available at any other venue than DMF>??--I can't seem to get back in there as of late..

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 26, 2004 04:28 PM            
As far as i know nobody else is hosting it. Mail me and ill send u a direct link to the file.

IP:

Teulk
posted October 26, 2004 07:34 PM            
Done..

IP:

CyberCannon
posted October 26, 2004 07:51 PM            
Matrix, I wasn't able to connect to the site.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 26, 2004 07:57 PM            
Yup, its tripped (resetting), give it 10 mins from this post.

quote:

Error Alert
Your Web site is not responding

URL: http://dmf.kicks-ass.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl
Time: Tue Oct 26 19:56:34 EDT 2004
Error Type: Time Out

Thank the lord for Internet Seer

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3