|
Author Topic:   How's the ladder calculated?
pablito
posted September 27, 2004 11:05 AM            
I thought the ladder was built upon:
(quoting coax site):
quote:
It's calculated by summing all your frags and subtracting from that the sum of all your deaths for all three games collectively. (Your Skill) = (Your Frags) - (Your Deaths)

But it was brought to my attention by a veteran player that they only go for frags.... if that's the case, then ladder results are bias
And I thought all those oops, sorry, my bad (clan internal flags were real)....... so you can go behind you're own mate and frag them before someone else does and keep your scores high? ...
Just a question....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 27, 2004 11:15 AM            
I brought that scorring system in here from another game for use at DMF Tournaments logged in the LogScan engine programmed by Killer over at the Boomstick Joe's site; since Logscan is no longer in effect due to community wishes, and to the best of my knowledge, were scorring kills only again.

That said, its not my ladder, its Coaxs's - so anything further should be left to him to correct or inform since im not privvy to his preffered mathmatical scorring technique.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited September 27, 2004).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 27, 2004 12:07 PM            
Since we played a clan war yesterday, I was referring to it. The quote you pulled from Coax's site is regarding the skill ladder. That ladder is only calculated for ranked DDMs. Obviously it DOES take into account deaths. The other ladders do not, except as a tie breaking mechanism.

Yeah. Brought to your attention by a "veteran player" - like it's a curse to actually type my screen name. Although... now there's an idea.

IP:

pablito
posted September 27, 2004 12:32 PM            
I rather not say your name for unknown outcomes that I rather not put up with :P

The coax reference it's under the skill ladder but also under the rules & regulations of the game.. I thought it also implies the clan war ladder.

[This message has been edited by pablito (edited September 27, 2004).]

IP:

coaxs
posted September 27, 2004 02:51 PM            
It's under the skill ladder heading.
http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/disclaimer.html
In most circumstances the people who are the most skilled win the DDMS anyways, so the Skill ladder duplicates the DDM ladder with some exceptions; I've been considering abadoning updating the skill ladder.

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited September 27, 2004).]

IP:

pablito
posted September 27, 2004 02:54 PM            
I got a new approach for clan battles then
> : )

IP:

Paranor
posted September 27, 2004 02:59 PM            
Holy carp, 31 1st place wins Ras? OY!

How about a yearly reset on the DDM ladder?

IP:

pablito
posted September 27, 2004 05:11 PM            
COAX! Don't abandon anything!! why??
Do you need a raise? I'll give you one! Everyone stand up for Coax and its work!! (sorry it ain't much, but it's a raise
For reals... what is that you need? do you want to use my help? Let me know.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 27, 2004 11:42 PM            
How about you follow me into this dark alley Par? I got a knew Louisville Slugger that I want to show you.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 27, 2004 11:42 PM            
Oh yeah. I forgot this:

IP:

coaxs
posted September 28, 2004 02:10 AM            
Pablito: I was referring only to the skill ladder. because the people who win on the skill ladder are the people who win on the DDM ladder.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

pablito
posted September 28, 2004 09:47 AM            
ahh.. sorry, I tend to read too quick... :O

IP:

Paranor
posted September 28, 2004 10:26 AM            
No dark alleys for me, thanks.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 28, 2004 01:15 PM            
OOOOoooooohhhh ya didnt say that last week Par !! ..... Oh butter me flutter (insert appropriate gay mannerism) lol

IP:

VorDesigns
posted September 28, 2004 04:52 PM            
"How do I get on the ladder?

* The player must play in all ranked matches (typically 3). Matches that don't have the minimum required 8 players aren't ranked.
* A minimum of 10 encounters per game are required to be eligible to place on the ladder. An encounter is either a frag or a death. Both count towards your encounter minimum.
* Be in good standing in the Tread Marks community.
"
I see almost all of us fail in requirement number 3.

IP: