This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Clan flag pack...get it here...er...maybe by email though
posted September 20, 2004 11:08 PM            
Well, it was done on Sunday, but the link that I thought it was suppose to be at is the old clan flag pack addons. So, until we get the proper link from harmless I will email it to all who want it.

The zip file will be: Addons_clan_flags ver 3.zip

My email is david@hallsted.net. I will check my home email in the evenings. Sorry for all the delays.

IP:

posted September 21, 2004 12:13 AM            
alrighty...I will send them by ICQ if you want...I will be on more this week then normal...LOL

IP:

posted September 21, 2004 12:14 AM            
forgot...the ICQ number is 158019980.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 21, 2004 12:58 AM            
email me the new one dave, ill host it.

IP:

pablito
posted September 21, 2004 02:49 AM            
TANK YOU!
IT WORKS AND IT ROCKS!
Any news on how many people per clan? (for the battle)
AND>>> TANKS AGAIN!

IP:

harmless
posted September 21, 2004 02:53 AM            
my dear bro mis-understood me...

my thinking... so as not to break numerous links in numerous threads that say... "download the clan flags here"
i kept the zipped file name the same, and put the new version3 of the clan flags inside of it.

these are the new clan flags about 150KB download

when one unzips the downloaded file : clan_team_flags.zip
you will have a file called :
Addons_clan_flags ver 3.zip
this is the file to unzip to the addons folder.

i hope this is not too horribly confusing.

toodles,
harmless

IP:

harmless
posted September 21, 2004 02:58 AM            
i also just noticed that he put spaces in the proposed name of the file to download...
ummmm... one should really avoid blank spaces in the name of any file that is hosted on a web server... unix/linux web servers just don't like that.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 21, 2004 08:19 AM            
Why does it matter when spaces are compensated for with the percent symbol ?

eg: "This%file%name.jpg"

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 21, 2004 08:25 AM            
Ok, ive just looked at the zipfile....

Now i see clan names for teams and our flag has been stretched into a banner.... so why do we need the 15 teams pack ?

And why all this confusion so late in the day - i dont have a frikkin clue now since as far as i know were team blue !

IP:

kv
posted September 21, 2004 09:38 AM            
yeh, what's up with the file names? I would like to see Matrix's 15 team pack used and this seems to break it.

The LWA banner isn't correct either.

IP:

VorDesigns
posted September 21, 2004 10:12 AM            
Color me confused.

IP:

pablito
posted September 21, 2004 03:03 PM            
mwarr!

I thought he [6(111)] took the flag pack and interchange the colors for the team flags (that happen to be banners now), left the unused space for future clans and give a gui approach to choosing your team..... not too bad.... isn't it? well it works.... Any hope to change/fix this to people's expectations after the clan battle?. There is another unresolved issue: Will there be 4 or 5 players per clan for the battle?

[This message has been edited by pablito (edited September 21, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by pablito (edited September 21, 2004).]

IP:

Teulk
posted September 21, 2004 04:10 PM            
Well, I dld the pack and nothing happened--not that that's new for me...LOL

IP:

Unescapable
posted September 21, 2004 05:09 PM            
man tm wont work for me at the moment....
dam! fatal error.. anyone get that?

IP:

coaxs
posted September 21, 2004 05:18 PM            
reboot

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Teulk
posted September 21, 2004 05:24 PM            
Speakin' of neat-o shows....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 21, 2004 08:07 PM            
Which is where i got MY name from

IP:

Teulk
posted September 21, 2004 10:07 PM            
Noo.....
YA Think??

IP:

posted September 21, 2004 10:13 PM            
well as I said before that Matrix 15 team flag pack would not have had the clan flags in them. Folks spent so much time doing their clan flags that we should stick with them. In the past there has been confusion on when you select the team color on what was you team. Now you just select you clan name. I would suggest that folks get rid of the old clan flag bmp files.

The old clan flags are here:
addons
..art
....textures
......TeamLogos
........BlackBanner.bmp
........BlueBanner.bmp
........GoldBanner.bmp
........GreenBanner.bmp
........WhiteBanner.bmp

Delete these 5 bmp files and the old clan flags are gone. The old clan flags just used the existing team flags which lead to the override of the existing team flags.

Since clan flags are the only addons needed, I would also suggest that you create an Addons folder just for the clan matches and switch them out.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited September 21, 2004).]

IP:

posted September 21, 2004 10:49 PM            
I do thank Matrix for raising the thought that there can be more than 6 teams listed. I just went back to the use of the 8 clan flags and having them listed in the team flag option. Remember, since the other 6 stock team flags are not being used they can be readily taken by any new clan that should come along. So in essence there are 14 flags for any clan match if there should be a need.

IP:

posted September 22, 2004 01:28 AM            
Just finished talking to Teulk and realize that folks may not have a certain setting set up correctly to see the flags in single player mode.

To see the clan flags in single player mode you need to call out 14 teams. The standard 6 that is called out will only show the stock team flags.

Also the clan server is up if folks want to see it on the clan server.

Let me know is there are any problems.

Again...I would advise a separate addons just for the clan flags for the clan battles and switch out your standard addons folder. In a clan battle there is alot of action going on...having the HQ mods and anything else will slow you down.

Just a thought.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 22, 2004 01:59 AM            
I suggested mixing the clan flags in though and was told there was a good reason they were kept seperate.

Is anyone else as utterly confused as i am right now ?

And why all this just 4 days b4 the battle - i seem to remember last month i was the bad guy for coming up with late fixes. I wont be at this one, cant make it - actually i cant make many of them due to time issues at this end around the 1am point GMT... but itl;l be interesting to see if ppl join their clan name teams or colour teams.

Incidently, nobody asked DNX for a banner or or would have been made - simply stretching the clans flags looks cheap and quite frankly ****.

The question now is : does everyone know what they are doing... what to download / install and what to do when they get to the server.

Hmm, yes, interesting....

- b4 last battle:
MERGE TEAMS / ISSUE / Fix Provided
- in last battle:
TEAMS MERGED / FIX NOT IN USE - Result, Chaos
- promise for next battle:
15 TEAMS TO BE USED
- actual happening:
WE MADE OUR OWN A COMPLETELY CONFUSED EVERY1 4 DAYS B4 THE BATTLE

Well - you can mail every1, cos i aint doing it.... ive played by the book and done all our information sharring - its unfair now to expect every1 to grasp last minute changes.

But, Que Sera Sera - whatever will be - will be ! Some1 needs a kick up the arse though thats for sure.

Best of luck ppl.

IP:

kv
posted September 22, 2004 08:22 AM            
have to agree with matrix here, it was said things would be done one way, and now less than a week before the event, it's being done differently and people are getting confused?

has the LWA flag been corrected yet? I emailed a new one to harmless and it wasn't in the pack when I downloaded it previously.

and I would love the chance to try the clan server to see if everything is running correctly, but I don't have the IP address, AND I'M THE LWA CONTACT PERSON!

------------------
Don't want to join a clan with so many requirements? Join LWA. Enrolement is open. Just contact any member listed on the LWA page and check out our new forums: http://home.woh.rr.com/kvorlon/LWA.htm

IP:

coaxs
posted September 22, 2004 12:33 PM            
I have no clue what I'm supposed to do. How are we suppose to explain this to others? Also, please send me the ip coaxs at coaxs.net

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

pablito
posted September 22, 2004 12:56 PM            
I think it was asked (but by courtesy) you should send an e-mail to 6(111)[if you are the representative of your clan] and he'll reply to you faster (with the ip)... (i'm a witness
So, collaboration doesn't work too much for you guys?
I respect the fact that the flag pack and the team pack came from different sources and you should give them their rewards... but they work together better.... (easier to pick your teams before playing and less downloads)... I believe what happened was the file to download... the one that I received worked right away... single, multi and unicast mode

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2