This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Clan flag pack...get it here...er...maybe by email though
=DNX= Matrix
posted September 22, 2004 01:14 PM            
With collaboration you get informed of any changes so you can implement them in a better way. For example, had I been informed that clan banners were needed, i would have made on - not had to stick with some crappy stretched flag. This is just a whole 180 on what was setup, now nobody knows what the hell is happening.

Collaboration is one thing, out-n-out reversal and change 4 days b4 the battle is sumthin else. Note i said "we can merge them" you said "yes" some1 else piped up "no". Now we have a whole new pack again after were all setup with what has been available for the whole month.

I have to say it but this AND SOMEBODY SUCKS around here... sorry but there you have it.

If this continues, ill yank DNX right out of any further Clan Battles - quite frankly were getting pig sick of all the last minute pissing about every month.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 22, 2004 01:57 PM            
Heres how the server SHOULD be setup ... and left alone.

Extra teams support
(doesnt matter which pack as long as its easy to follow, naming clans means you have to keepo updating the file, keeping the color method means you dont)

Clan flags
(Once on it only ever needs updating when a new clan emerges)

Clan maps
(I know we dont currently use them, but its nice to have them available in case we decide to)

Your only other change should be the dedicated file - you can suspend the server in that without changing IP / port or getting LDA to constantly restart it.

And while I appreciate 666's efforts - i think its time some1 more reliable be allowed to run the server config at LDA for battles. These constant last minute changes are too annoying to bear.

And NO - i wouldnt want it to be me, I suggest Sailor, Kv or Ras.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 22, 2004 02:14 PM            
This situation is just too funny.

BTW, Sears is having a sale on craftsman tools, just incase ya'll are running out of monkey wrenches to throws into the works.

And to think everyone use to complain about me updating stuff.

Things never change do they? LOL!

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited September 22, 2004).]

IP:

pablito
posted September 22, 2004 02:21 PM            
WOW!, I agree with you Matrix... and your server options sound very reliable also... I don't think last minute decisions are right unless forced to... I was trying to bring this fact before but I was pushed away by the fact that this is being done on people's spare time... and should be more grateful about it... which I am... but like you, can't help to point the basic facts...
** What imposes you to be (not that I'm nominating you) a server admin?
** I also appreciate 666's efforts.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 22, 2004 02:29 PM            
In answer to your question - He took the reins because nobody else either could, had the time, or was inclined to.

This was about the time Par stopped hosting the matches and we were looking for a solution.

I have to agree with joey too - anyone that takes this job will be in the firing line... one reason I DONT want it. JOey had an awesome system setup - eventually email/IM harassment convinced him to take it down... same sorta thing happened with the TM central website.... Why do u think i dont update DMF's website anymore - i just run things on the forum. Anything else is a waste.

IP:

posted September 22, 2004 07:39 PM            
All you have to do is download the clan flags at harmlessí link and do the typical addons install. Or you may want to have a separate Addons folder just for the clan flags.

Let us review what the problems were. There were clans sharing the same flag at the clan battle. There were other issues to take into hand in trying to resolve this problem. How do you know which flag to select before I go on the server? Why are my stock team flag showing clan colors? Online someone complained that their team flags were not showing correctly.

Matrix insight shows us all that all the clans can have their own flag. But his pack did not resolve the clan flags showing up as stock team flags due to the old clan flag pack. Nor did it solve the ability of someone to select the proper clan team flag prior to entering the server.

The current clan flag pack, (Addons_clan_flags ver 3.zip), resolves the team stock flag problem, selection of the clan flag prior to the server entry, and now has the 6 stock flags as emergency flags to be use by an emerging clan.

I thought this was the best solution to all the problems. I had 3 other players check the pack prior to it being issued. I did the clean issuance of this pack.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Please go and try it out now. The clan server is up, both harmless and I just tried the flags. They look good.

IP:

pablito
posted September 22, 2004 07:40 PM            
I keep reading about good reigns by Paranor in the past; I'll collaborate to bombard him with e-mail/IM to re-instate his hosting

IP:

posted September 22, 2004 07:48 PM            
Don't bother Par...I had tried to get him to host it and he had to decline. It is LDA only now.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 22, 2004 09:03 PM            
HEY Everybody - Look, Ive got a NEW Pack which resolves some issues left out by 666 with Banners, Flags, Teams, Colors, Ents and whatnot, all you have to do is remove 666's flag pack, prefereably a new install to get rid of all the mess.

Full details here

Dave, sometimes its polite to consult ppl b4 u rip the **** out of their work and then represent it without so much as a by your leave at such short notice.

Dont talk to me again yeah - dont even appologise k, im not interested ... thx.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited September 22, 2004).]

IP:

pablito
posted September 23, 2004 02:07 AM            
But it can be enhaced to do things to please more people... at least we got something solid to work with... or you do...
Most importantly, we all get to play...and pick our team names from within the game I don't know about you, but that's pretty cool to me. You both helped made this happen.... isn't that a good reward for your efforts? Maybe there was lack of communication; but, this is wayyyy better than nothing!
Have some heart!!!!

IP:

Irascible
posted September 23, 2004 02:55 AM            
So there was something about a mod for more than one team or ten teams or a hockey team or something? I have a very short attention span. I can't keep up with these long threads. If signing on to team black as I've done for the past several years doesn't work, then I guess I'm SOL.

IP:

Rex R
posted September 23, 2004 03:37 AM            
the 'crappy' stretched version of the -dnx- flag was done by ME about 6 months ago. it took you this long to notice what was in the team flags mod? the stretched flags ONLY show that way in ctf games(as the team banners), all other types of game play they show up as normal flags(in case y'all hadn't noticed) if you change them to look 'normal' then they will look 'crappy' flying on your tank(but the ctf banners will absolutly fab), got it?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 23, 2004 05:56 AM            
I dont play ctf, and ive never used that pack. But got it.

IP:

Rex R
posted September 23, 2004 12:39 PM            
er yes well a correction, with this team pack the ctf banners will not show the team flags...they will show the stock team colors. likely no big loss since I don't recall the last time we played clan ctf.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 23, 2004 01:52 PM            
whatever < - - see that, thats me.... since nobody pays a blind bit of notice of ANYthing i say.... i say screw it.... rules and etiquette out the window, if its red, its dead .. cant beat em, join em.

IP:

VorDesigns
posted September 23, 2004 02:11 PM            
Quoath LLF.

IP:

VorDesigns
posted September 23, 2004 02:11 PM            
B34tches cain't hold their smoke...

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2