|
Author Topic:   TESTIFY
VorDesigns
posted September 18, 2004 01:48 PM            
I don't know if anyone has caught on to this, but I would like to point out that TM really hasn't been in development for several year but, as I perceive it. TM's father's legacy lives on in this community's committment to it.
Think about some of the projects written using TM; StormRacer, BZ project.
Feel the love for the game, maps by Kong, Sailor and so on for profit 0.00 dolars/pounds/francs/rubels.
Players from all over the world; Matrix in the UK, Korea Army (uh, Korea), French game servers on the net, Canada, US.
Man, if I'm perpetuated one tenth as well I shall have been a rich man.
So, Thank you LDA..

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 18, 2004 01:51 PM            
Amen to that man !!

btw, fyi, since the influx of new players, ive found new motivation to complete the BZ Mod since i had believe tm would be close to dead by now - how completely wrong i was.

IP:

pablito
posted September 18, 2004 03:18 PM            
LIKE YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it... put all the mods together that YOU as in players that took long a** time to make them, put them on a CD, give it to LDA, and release TM2 already!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF UPPERCASE IS NEEDED THEN I'LL SAY IT AGAIN:
YOU HAVE ENOUGH MATERIAL TO RELEASE A NEW VERSION, JUST TAKE ALL MODS CREATED AND IN PROCESS AND RELEASE THE NEW VERSION!!!!!

You know this game is cool when you can't stop playing it!!!!!!

ARGH!!! That's why I don't think about this subject, pisses me off......

IP:

pablito
posted September 18, 2004 03:20 PM            
Oh yeah, all new mods will become stock!!! anyone would be able to play everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP:

VorDesigns
posted September 18, 2004 03:57 PM            
This wasn't the purpose of the post; I wish to pay homage to its creator.

IP:

pablito
posted September 18, 2004 04:00 PM            
Sorry but paying tributes to the creator would be to keep the game alive...

IP:

coaxs
posted September 18, 2004 05:53 PM            
Yes, it is a very cool game. Thank you Seumas and others.

Pablito: I use to run a server that had every single mod /map/flag on it. It was quite interesting.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

pablito
posted September 18, 2004 07:06 PM            
Why did you take it down? do you still have the files to run it?

IP:

synack
posted September 18, 2004 07:24 PM         
Dreamer said it best.
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000893.html

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 18, 2004 09:05 PM            
I used to run my anarchy server.... but only melon and queen could ever be arsed playing on it, hence it got dropped.

IP:

KONG
posted September 18, 2004 09:58 PM            
this has always been a problem with maps. that nobody wants to download or install them

------------------
All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted September 18, 2004 09:59 PM            
Thanks a lot Matrix. I was on there more than a couple of times.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

pablito
posted September 18, 2004 10:22 PM            
Right, it's bad enough that you need to download stuff to play, but to figure it out how to do it, not that it's too bad, but new people don't bother... I didn't bother nor still bother to download more stuff... I hope I didn't bother anyone
Seumas is the man!
But I really think that there is way too much stuff out there that can be put in some type of pack.... at least ask LDA to put a link with a 1GB download of all maps and mods.... I would prefer download 1 time everything than going to different sites and download every map and weapon at a time :|

IP:

VorDesigns
posted September 18, 2004 11:32 PM            
Pablo,

First, you're asking a people to dedicate a lot of band width to such a resource; you will note that I have a pretty hefty list of items amassed over time, but I would should to make all of it available as a single download.
Not everyone has the bandwidth in both directions to make a gig available.

You should try pulling 300MB off of a 1MBit SDSL site sometime and see how long it takes.

If one or another router doesn't reset your session mid-stream at least twice, you'll be lucky.

IP:

coaxs
posted September 18, 2004 11:39 PM            
I actually do have the bandwidth to handle it. There are packs out there Harmless is currently hosting them. Link is from my site.

RC is currently hosting the work of just about every TM modder ever.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited September 18, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 19, 2004 12:42 AM            
Rc is missing an absolute ****load of my stuff lol ... most of which is available on the DMF Members Ftp

(30gig btw and plenty of bandwidth as long as the router doesnt reset mid transfer / i seem to get that quite a bit, it leaves me online and browsing while ppl cant link to the ftp or forums ..... frustrating at best...)

IP:

pablito
posted September 19, 2004 02:27 AM            
Even I have enough bandwidth..lol. Having a site at yahoo gives me 2GB, with 25 GB transfer monthly (from the site itself) but I can also use my PC as an FTP server with even more data transfer.... it's just an idea... putting all the stuff that people has collaborated for future releases.... Put your work to work

IP:

coaxs
posted September 19, 2004 03:09 AM            
but its already been done thats the point.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP: