|
Author Topic:   Ranked DDM score
mELON cRACKER
posted September 12, 2004 10:31 PM            
I had 19 frags in the second game which should have put me in 3rd place, however, my computer froze in the last few minutes (thanks for connecting and disconnecting so many times Yayhoo).
Since I don't think Logscan or anything which could validate my claim was running, I guess I am going to have to take it up the sphincter like a great, wide, knobby, spikey, flaming, salty, ungreased, acid soaked, radioactive freaking CORNCOB.
Can I get a big w00t?

hmph.

[BWL]mELONcRACKER

IP:

pablito
posted September 12, 2004 11:09 PM            
sorry melon, I saw you leaving and coming back... you can feel it also
Maybe you should buy your own optic cable network and hook everyone in your town for a low fee

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 13, 2004 12:01 AM            
Well, ive said it times many.... but ill say it again:

DONT RUN IM'S EMAIL OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT CONNECTS TO ANYTHING ELSE IN RANKED MATCHES OR YOU CAN DISCONNECT ... AND YOU WILL CAUSE YOURSELF LAG IN THE GAME - ESPECIALLY ON 56K MODEMS.

Course if nobody listens to me for how many times ive said it - they deserve to lose their score - sorry melon, giving this advice is like bangin yer head on a brick wall because NOBODY LISTENS....

Logscan isnt running anymore dude... this community didnt want it anymore, so killer took it down... maybe go hastle the ppl that thought it was a bad idea, dunno what else to suggest unless some1 bagged a screenshot. I mean, its not like there arent or havent been solutions to ALL these complaints.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited September 13, 2004).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 13, 2004 04:35 AM            
Sniff.

The community is an amorphous concept that is responsible for nothing. Individuals are responsible for their actions. There were only a few individuals who were outspoken against LogScan. Apparently there was ONE individual who harassed Killer to the point that he discontinued support for LogScan.

I'm sure the advice for those on dial-up is sound. Though Melon is an IT professional. So I'm sure he's a little smarter than the average bear when it comes to optimizing his unfortunately meager bandwidth.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 13, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 13, 2004 09:21 AM            
Then why doesnt he know to turn off IM's during ranked matches ? hehehe

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted September 13, 2004 11:18 AM            
Well if it weren't for my crap computer I'd have finished first 3 times

IP:

Irascible
posted September 13, 2004 12:27 PM            
It's called being forgetful. I lost a ranked game once myself to that biatch called ICQ because I forgot to turn it off. Though I think deep down I may have left it on simply to defy you. AS YOU SAY, NOBODY LISTENS. BUT IF I USE ALL CAPS, MAYBE THEY WILL. Heh.

IP:

coaxs
posted September 13, 2004 02:47 PM            
It was only 3rd anyways.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted September 13, 2004 07:54 PM            
I wasn't running any IM.
When I was referring to Yayhoo, I meant whoever the "player" in the Liquid Falcon was,(I don't remember his name exactly, as I had never seen it before, but it started with Y) who supposedly was trying to connect with the game demo, and was causing all kinds of syncing lag. He (or she) must have connected and disconnected a half dozen times. Then of course he had to come back one more time "to check and see if everyone was still here"!?!
Also, I am not sure if there was a connection, but SuperMacMan (in a Dwarf), or something to that effect, connected and disconnected a couple times in the same time period, although he stayed around for the rest of the game when Yayhoo left. I assumed they were together, but that might not be so.
No, I know better than to run IM during a game. I keep it lean and mean and don't run anything but TM, antivirus and firewall during games.
However, it doesn't matter how stripped down my system is if someone is going to cause a denial of service during an event through multiple connects and synchronizations. There were so many craters after the first few minutes of each game that every new client updating craters was a significant event.
If anyone knows who that was, I would sure like to crack his melon.

*Wish list* I sure wish there was a way to lock a game from new players entering until the next round begins. sigh.

[BWL]mELONcRACKER

IP:

CyberCannon
posted September 13, 2004 09:17 PM            
Melon, his name was Yavol, I remember it because I wondered if he was German (yes I know in German it actually starts with a "J"), and was wondering if he was stating that it was correct to kill him? I remember you disconnecting and that you were in the teens, I had just hit the tab button to see who all was on at the time, but not exactly where. I can also sympathize with you about the problem with LAG from someone connecting up.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 13, 2004 09:34 PM            
Ahh, id only thought you typo'd Yahoo, sry man... missunderztood.

Ras : YES - SOMETIMES IT WORKS

Dissconnections are a pain in the rump, but sadly without an exterior monitored firewall, you cant lock out "NEW" IP connections.

IP: