This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Clan War IP#
coaxs
posted September 06, 2004 08:50 PM            
I assume we will be changing the port number for this month's game since the last one has been corrupted.

Server admins plase select a new port and disperse it as soon as possible. Try to make it simple for us lazy people to remember though.

Once the clan get's the port# it would be convenient if someone from the clan posts a little something in this thread to that effect.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

pablito
posted September 07, 2004 09:36 AM            
Who is going to let us know about the new port#?

IP:

coaxs
posted September 07, 2004 03:07 PM            
The server admins ned to pick one first.

IP:

posted September 07, 2004 06:01 PM            
I will do it, but I have to email LDA Jim to have him give us a new one. He decides these things not me.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 09, 2004 11:08 AM            
fyi, the port number was not corrupted. The person with a different name IS a clan member, he just chose to "check out" who was showing up before committing to staying for the game.
It's not necessary to change the port.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 09, 2004 11:41 AM            
So what do we do now if a clan member decides to "check out" and not play ?

IP:

pablito
posted September 09, 2004 12:11 PM            
mhhh we frag him!?

IP:

Teulk
posted September 09, 2004 12:57 PM            
Add his "non-score" to average out his clan's score---I'm sure THAT will go over well...

IP:

coaxs
posted September 09, 2004 02:12 PM            
non-playing-clan members can't play. Has then been told to him?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 09, 2004 08:18 PM            
I dont know, that would be down to Dreamer, or a link to the rules that ALL CLAN PLAYERS SHOULD READ BEFORE ATTENDING CLAN WARS.

I suggested those points be removed from BWL's score for obvious reason. IF ppl didnt know who he was because he was in a random name, they are less intimidated than they would be by seeing "BWL-Irascible" on the player list... hence they think "N00b" and attack - DUH ! just increases the liklyhood of BWL getting a higher score.

Ok so it was innocent this time (even though he stayed to play, which is still a breaking of the rules / protocol laid out before we started these clan wars) - but what if it happens again ?

The only reason i withdrew DNX's score - if because it wasnt a fair fight for 2 reasons - 2 clans on the same team (i know we have done it before, but not for ranking positions, thats where the problem lies), and Ras's "ill hang around for a laff" action.

IF the right thing is done by the scores by splitting up CAT / FL and deductings ras's kills - then sure, pop DNX's score back in - otherwise its out in protest that we do not partake in cheated games. But DNX is not entirely blameless, 2 DNX showed up unannouced that havent played for the better part of a year.... ive dealt with that in my own way. I suggest other clans take that lead.

"HEY MAN CHILL ITS JUST A GAME" - sure is - a good one too - im not narked off, just stating things how they happened and explaining myself - remember, Coaxs wasnt here.....

IP:

coaxs
posted September 09, 2004 09:12 PM            
CAT&FL's frags will be seperated and not grouped together. This is the way it has always been done.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 10, 2004 12:29 AM            
I did tell them that.... but what can i say.... i end up in an argument over rules.... thats why i backed us out of it.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 10, 2004 02:13 AM            
The laff-ing man already acknowledged his score was to be removed. Given our history, he never expected otherwise.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 10, 2004 01:09 PM            
Never mind, i promise u can have my ass in the next one lol....

IP:

pablito
posted September 10, 2004 04:07 PM            
I would cancel all scores... ras changed his name, dnx's didn't know who they were and cats and fls played together... no one will be happy unless only [bold]one[/bold] is happy and that's crap.

You can also call it: FUN CLAN BATTLE aka WELCOME TO THE NEW ERA OF TM aka Please shut the F*** up

IP:

coaxs
posted September 10, 2004 05:05 PM            
Scores will remain. All strange frags were not included. And besides FL and CAT being in the same flag it is not uncommon for small clans to join the same flag anyways, historically their scores went to their respective clans.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

VorDesigns
posted September 14, 2004 10:30 AM            
(Sung to the tune of Edelwess)
Beatch and moan,
Beatch and moan,
All I'm hearing is WHINING!

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
- http://www.vordesigns.com

[This message has been edited by VorDesigns (edited September 14, 2004).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 14, 2004 12:00 PM            
quote:
make it simple for us

MAK.EIT.SIM.PLE:FORUS
???
Isn't that making it a little simple to guess?

IP:

Unescapable
posted September 15, 2004 06:31 PM            
lol i say buncha bull to me now im giving my clan into the hands of bonzo and mighty1 until i return

IP:

posted September 15, 2004 09:16 PM            
OK, I have the new port number from LDA Jim. I will be putting the clan server up this weekend to test the new flags and port number.

The GA folks can get it from me. The clan chiefs will get the number from me also.

I will be posting the new flags soon. Yes, they are an addons and you will need them, but once loaded you will find it easy to get your flag.

IP:

Unescapable
posted September 16, 2004 09:02 PM            
gimme the IP dude pls i might come

IP:

Unescapable
posted September 17, 2004 06:53 PM            
I NEED THE IP PLEASE

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted September 17, 2004 06:57 PM            
You should get it right before the clan war