|
Author Topic:   DMF
coaxs
posted September 04, 2004 04:23 PM            
I haven been able to view the DMF for almost 2 weeks now. What's up with the site Matrix?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted September 04, 2004 05:41 PM            
death to rixy's motherboard! I'm sure he'll explain all!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 04, 2004 08:33 PM            
2 weeks lol.... 2 days more like.... if its 2 weeks, check your equipment lol

The power supply mobo and a few sundry other bits went the way of the dodo earlier in the week... ive had to basicly start building a new machine, and salvage whats left of this one (unless you want the forum running on a pentium 2 that is)...... so its cash vs the availability of parts - working as fast as i can tho.

At the moment - its up - but no guarentees till its hosted properly again on the new machine - thios space one keeps losing the nic card driver making it drop offline and not even find the card on reboot - that basicly means reinstalling the nic card drivers every reboot; and rebooting... or literally reverting the drive about 3 hours, which in itself, take an amazing 3 hours ! - but there you have it... For good or for bad im doing my best to return to normal / and or / improve things.

IP:

coaxs
posted September 04, 2004 10:41 PM            
Maybe it just felt like 2 weeks.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 05, 2004 01:34 AM            
Heh, yeah ive head that from a couple o ppl too - corpse just said hw eas sorry the big guy took a dump on my ass lol....

Well - thats corpse lol

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 05, 2004 07:23 PM            
[stupidJoke]Coax lives in bullet time because, being bound by his name, his brain has massive bandwidth (all perverted counter-interpretations aside, that is). We obviously should have shouldered this post to begin with and assumed he'd have come back to normal and understand after realizing people were moving far too slowly.[/stupidJoke]

IP:

coaxs
posted September 06, 2004 02:40 AM            
Future engineer electrical signals in coax cable move faster than bullet time.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 06, 2004 10:26 AM            
He's right lol ... infact optical fibre cable could beat it as theres zero resistance in the material used against light pulses against coax transfer of electrical based signals with an overall distance related resistsnce inherrant to the enclosed copper.

IP:

coaxs
posted September 06, 2004 08:45 PM            
There is some resistance in optical fibers. It is air itself which doesn't have a magnitude difference. Assuming the fier isn't in a vaccum.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 06, 2004 08:52 PM            
Well, if you go down to quantum levels, EVERYTHING has SOME amount of resistance.. but for our human uses, optical fibre is about as good as it gets

IP:

VorDesigns
posted September 14, 2004 10:31 AM            
Couldn't get there from here today 09/14.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 15, 2004 02:12 AM            
When theres a big up/download happening in the FTP all the bandwidth is taken up. Some1 been moving 300 megs around

IP: