|
Author Topic:   Whats the deal with nukes anyway ?
=DNX= Matrix
posted September 04, 2004 10:41 AM            
I mean every player on the map heads of em, the ai's think its an invite to a gangbang, and the human players will risk everything to get one...

but...

If you fire em at enemy tanks (as i have done several times today)... they almost reach, then veer off and land somewhere else on the map where theres no sodding tanks....

I mean you get it in the hope of firing at a bunch or reds yeah ? - so when i see 5 together i go YAYYYY !! Instant Score... FIRE DA NUKE - off it goes, in like a missle, straight as a dye..... then it like thinks to itself "F'k That !!" - and it goes on its merry way...

WHY IS THAT - ITS SO ANNOYING !!!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 04, 2004 12:06 PM            
Maybe it gets confused on which tank to hit... [ ]

IP:

pablito
posted September 04, 2004 05:38 PM            
yah!
not i have "secret" skills, but sometimes i follow the damn nuke so it knows where to go! but it has pissed me off several times to call it "home"

IP:

harmless
posted September 04, 2004 07:12 PM            
nukes, for the most part, need to be personally delivered, just like the AI's would do.
i've noticed this type of behavior mostly when you fire a nuke on level ground... that's when it tends to veer off... or impact right in front of you
i have the best luck with nukes when you can fire them down the side of a hill.
nukes and human players are just like moths and a brightly lit light bulb... it's instant attraction and you stop thinking rationally.
must... have... the... nuke...
peace dude

IP:

posted September 04, 2004 09:48 PM            
LOL Harmless...how true.

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 05, 2004 07:20 PM            
What do you mean what's with nukes? You're just supposed to cut loose with them. Do what you want. Scare the heck out of people... just make a race out of it. Play keep away. Do a kamikazi. Anything but just have fun. That's what's with nukes. If you are wondering this about nukes... why not just question why TM was made. We cut loose and generally make things irritating for each other.

But then... my response to any woman asking why I play games was always," I don't play the game! Sheesh! I play the people!!! Duh!" I'm sure anyone who has ever played with me knows how little I try to go for a good score.... those days are now few and far between.

IP: