|
Author Topic:   guess its time
Rex R
posted August 31, 2004 01:16 AM            
as was appearent at the last clan war, it seems that it is time to haul down the BWL flag and put it to rest with some of the other flags. for all intents I would seem to be the only remaining active bwl clan member. unless proven otherwise, I regretfully declare BWL inactive. server admins please pull the bwl flag out of the black team slot.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 31, 2004 01:21 AM            
nonsense, ive been playing melon tonight, and ras is still active... that said, if u are looking around, dnx would welcome you

IP:

Irascible
posted August 31, 2004 02:20 AM            
???

Melon and I probably play more than you Rex. I'm on at least 4 night a week or more. Melon often plays that much or more. In this game at least, that makes for a clan.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 31, 2004 06:58 AM            
right, in an announced clan battle you said iirc that you had no intention of attending close quote. melon had it seemed problems staying connected so basically 'we' had 1.5 ppl showing the flag against 19 or so other opponents. we don't recruit (if I understand it right, can't since dreamer makes the final decision) rl seems to have caught up to all but 3 of us, most times were lucky to have even 2 show up. does not sound to me to be an over active clan

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 31, 2004 10:13 AM            
Dooooooode.. 3 months ago DNX had just 3 actives in TM.... itll pick up - always does.... were back upto 7 or 8 now and more coming in with new recruits.

My all time fave saying in the clan as any dnxer will tell you is "Real Life Comes First - No Matter What".....

IP:

pablito
posted August 31, 2004 01:18 PM            
Let them split up > : ) i'll take ras ...
=CAT=IRASCIBLE.. mmhhh I like that sound of that LOL.

IP:

pablito
posted August 31, 2004 01:21 PM            
argh, should I say it was a joke before you open your Divine Comedy mouth on me???

------------------
=CAT= currently admitting punctilious individuals =^_^=

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 31, 2004 01:45 PM            
as far as I know, Sailor and glomund are around, too. Summer brings holidays and the clan battle being on the wrong sunday may have been part of the problem.

IP:

glomund
posted August 31, 2004 01:47 PM            
i am still around, i just didn't get the post on icq until a day later

IP:

Irascible
posted August 31, 2004 05:07 PM            
I had no intentions of staying Rex because no one showed up.

We can recruit. It is my impression from talking to him that Dreamer doesn't mind so long as we keep them high quality people. The problem is that it takes time to know someone. Most other clans will recruit at the drop of a hat, which leaves us nothing to work with. By the time a player is a known quantity at least two other clans have groveled for him to join.

We still have enough to compete. This was just a bad Sunday. Glomund didn't get word soon enough, Venom was on a road trip, Melon had trouble but it's not always that bad, Sailor will probably turn up again. All is not lost... yet. If the ladder ever gets updated, you'll find that we're still on top by a narrow margin. If this weather stays disturbingly pleasant, I may have time to update that stupid thing. When all is lost, I'll have to play ringer for another clan.

I don't have divine comedy Pab. I have divine acrimony that occasionally strikes some as humorous. But at least something about me is divine.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 31, 2004 05:30 PM            
Sry, i blinked and missed that whole thing lol....

IP:

pablito
posted August 31, 2004 09:34 PM            
Which part of the divine are you composed of? Inferno, Purgatorio or Paradiso...?
If you don't know ask AI-Dante Alighieri

IP:

Unescapable
posted September 01, 2004 03:01 PM            
bwl is a chal;lenge i allways look forword to..... sry for the foul lang torwads u iras...
i think bwl is the reason to play at the clan wars cause its a good challenge =)

IP:

Paranor
posted September 01, 2004 05:21 PM            
I'm kinda here.

I got an IM on the clan ware but on Monday - I don't usually fire up my IM on weekends. I'm too busy with this house.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 01, 2004 06:34 PM            
I've warned you a full week in advance for past games and it did no good. :p

Though as rusty as you no doubt are, it may have done no good either way.

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted September 02, 2004 02:04 AM            
Sorry Rex, but I disagree. I play a minimum of about 5 nights a week nearly all year long.
Unfortunately, the LDA server doesn't appear to have enough bandwidth to support regionally challenged people like me who live in a place which is unsupported by DSL or cable modem. The only broadband options where I live, about 30 miles from Dallas, are Expensive wireless and DirecTV satellite, neither of which are good options for me. I can't afford the wireless, which is priced for businesses, and I have not heard one good thing regarding DirecTV internet and online gaming.
As for the clan war, I spent the entire 2nd game trying to connect, and the farthest I could get was where I could see the map, and hear other players, but my tank was hovering in mid air. I reduced my net rate to 3k to attempt to stay within my available bandwidth, but apparently there was too much action for a system to catch up at 3k/sec.
In any case, I have been playing consistently ever since I joined a couple years ago, so don't let the one day spoil everything else. However, I would be the first to agree that more players for BWL would be VERY welcome. I am on most every night sometime between 10PM Central and 12AM.
[BWL]mELONcRACKER

IP:

Irascible
posted September 02, 2004 05:48 AM            
Maybe we should start a BWL recruitment thread. Recruiting threads are all the rage these days.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 02, 2004 11:20 AM            
Or maybe BWL should mewrge into DNX - Merging is all the rage these days too lol !!

IP:

Irascible
posted September 02, 2004 03:17 PM            
OMG! That would be like Apple and MS merging... or Coke and Pepsi... or Sonny and Cher.

Wait. Scratch that last one. They did merge. Ewww.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 02, 2004 09:03 PM            
We may not like each other - but our 2 clans togeather ? FORMIDABLE lol.... Would make a great 2 vs 2 teamgame on my dom maps sometime lol

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 05, 2004 07:29 PM            
Pablito. Can't you manage an evil goatee on your clan siggy? Like >ÇAT< ?

IP:

pablito
posted September 05, 2004 09:07 PM            
That'll be cool, but I can't manage....... if I would use something out of the ordinary such as a capital letter just to name the insignia I would have a hard time making it work... lol.

[This message has been edited by pablito (edited September 05, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 06, 2004 10:29 AM            
no it wouldnt...

The "goatee" as its reffered here isa just extended ascii, run your character program in accessories.... thats good for ascii... for ingame insignia, just load up FONT 1 and 2 .bmp into photoshop and give your C a goatee

IP:

pablito
posted September 06, 2004 02:50 PM            
We'll try

IP: