|
Author Topic:   Ifrit CTF, Tuesday, 10th of August,, 8 PM Pacific Time
posted August 09, 2004 07:50 PM            
Yes!!! a game that the AI's rule when they have ifrit tanks. You will need mods. Get them here at this post.
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004004.html

------------------
Ifrit CTF…every Tuesday, 8 PM Pacific…starting in April
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

Teulk
posted August 10, 2004 01:26 PM            
Welcome back!!...

IP:

posted August 11, 2004 12:09 AM            
well...I have got to do something about making the downloads easier. I will be thinking about it.

IP:

harmless
posted August 11, 2004 05:58 PM            
the only way you can make mod downloads easier is to sit at their computer and do it for them.

the whole process is pretty easy.

they go here for the ifrit CTF mods...
it is clearly labeled at the top
http://www.hallsted.org/index.html

they go here for the DM mini mods
http://www.hallsted.net/index.html
again, it is at the top and clearly labeled.

we can only do so much hand holding, my dear brother. i know what you mean... but people need to learn to do things for themselves, take action for themselves, take responsibility for themselves, and before you know it, we will all be better human beings and singing
kumbaya
around a gigantic camp fire.

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

Teulk
posted August 11, 2004 06:47 PM            
That just sounds WAY too idyllic....

------------------

IP:

posted August 12, 2004 01:09 AM            
what I need is something similar to what RAs did...like 85weapons.com. So is it possible to have ifrit.com and it goes directly to the download?

IP:

Irascible
posted August 12, 2004 04:03 AM            
The ONLY thing you can do, the only thing that 85 does, is downloads ent files. You'd have to use stock maps. The rest can be mimicked, but not precisely duplicated, with SSO mods. It's a decent amount of work that I'm sure no one is interested in doing.

IP:

posted August 13, 2004 01:25 AM            
But the problem is that for ifrit tanks to work you need flatter maps. And besides...the ifrit tank is a download anyway. Ras you should give it a try...the fastest tanks in all TM.

------------------
Ifrit CTF…every Tuesday, 8 PM Pacific…starting in April
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

Irascible
posted August 13, 2004 04:11 AM            
"And besides..."

As I said, you could probably mimic everything except the cosmetic and the maps. I believe you could change the Half-Track's physics to mimic the Ifrit's with an ent file change. There are a couple of relatively flat maps.

In other words, you'd have to make some compromises and you'd have to find someone to do the work. It's probably more hassle than it's worth.

IP: