|
Author Topic:   O.K
Bonzo Dog
posted July 18, 2004 10:50 AM            
Concerning the recent posts i have made about Superunknown not being worthy of admin status, `as he`s never here to admin` i now find he is still an administrator. So, i need to know if antbody else shares my veiw on this matter, so here is what i`m gonna do.
I want two members to stand up and tell me here that i was right in saying he should go. If i do not get any positive replys i will delete everything TM related by friday and it`s goodbye from him. Don`t take it personal Super coz it aint, flame if you must or some smartarse remark but you probably know by now its just water off a ducks back : ) A couple of members here should not post as they are m8s and would vote for what would be seen as the wrong reasons.

[This message has been edited by Bonzo Dog (edited July 18, 2004).]

IP:

KONG
posted July 18, 2004 12:07 PM            
Since he really does not get involved in the forum he should probably be replaced as admin.

Then again, whats the point? Hardly anyone posts anymore.

IP:

Marmalizer
posted July 18, 2004 07:09 PM            
................Tumble weed rolls by..........

IP:

Marmalizer
posted July 18, 2004 07:10 PM            
............ cold wind blows.............

IP:

Irascible
posted July 18, 2004 08:24 PM            
Meh. Worrying about Supe's admin status is like Coax getting all uppity about keeping threads on topic. The forum is practically dead. Who cares if posts are off topic or if Supe is an admin!?! Well, obviously some people do. :^)

It's like worrying about properly tied shoelaces on the "honored guest" of a memorial service. It's wasted energy. :^)

IP:

pablito
posted July 18, 2004 09:40 PM            
Some people already buried the game while the hole hasn't been digged...
WHAT does LDA say about all this?... if they don't care about this game then why do they keep the servers on-line?
TOO SAD>>> i still like this game... why just don't offer it as open source? maybe more people will show up.. I mean, I bought this game for 24.99 or something from the website and it didn't work... (the cd) then I found it for 4.99 in a "specials" rack at the mall.. that came from an e-games propaganda cd for a website!
NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS GAME!!! I have asked nerds, geeks and potheads.. if they don't know... then yeah, this game is death but what a waste...

IP:

Irascible
posted July 18, 2004 11:31 PM            
To be fair Pab, you should notice that I was commenting on the forum. A half dozen posts around here and we call that a super busy day. But you are correct on the other count, they peoples don't know. So sorry to say, the trend is clear and no one is digging any premature holes.

I suppose once the game gets to the point that it generates no revenue for LDA, and/or once their various contractual obligations run out, they could make it freeware. However, if they did that then there'd be no financial reason to keep their game server or master server running.

IP:

pablito
posted July 19, 2004 09:44 AM            
I wasn't replying to your comments although you tend to get too "realistic" sometimes (for me anyways)...
Freeware? no income for LDA? are they makin' any now?? lol... just let anyone play for free and put ads in the tanks for all I care, even better everytime the maps re-loads they can put a commercial for everyone to watch....lol... ah crap. Time to find another game :|
lol

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 19, 2004 12:32 PM            
For the record, i tried to sell off my remaining stock in March for 1 each, thats about $1.80 each...

No takers... you cant even give this game away, i know ive tried, 2 copies came back and one kept it and never played it.

Games have moved on a LONG way while we all had our concentration on Black Mesa. Sorry LDA, but the games dead.... It either needs a MASSIVE DX9 Engine overhaul, or making open-source as suggested if its going to go anywhere.

IP:

pablito
posted July 19, 2004 06:43 PM            
yet people still play/love this game... I even know an idiot that wanted to start a new clan, lol!
Open source; let the new generation re-touch this game for free and spread it around... lda can always take the credit for being part of the founders and sell their names for other things... :-?
Aren't there SSO/modded servers out there either way??

IP:

coaxs
posted July 19, 2004 08:53 PM            
What pressing concerns require a third
active admin? The forum has been dying from inactivity for quite some time.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited July 19, 2004).]

IP:

Irascible
posted July 19, 2004 09:13 PM            
Who said there needed to be a third admin? Not anyone in this thread at least. :P

IP:

THETAXI
posted July 20, 2004 11:32 AM            
hmmm i don't know if it's dead per se. I read the forum every day, I check it at least 3 times a day, but I'm not posting every time I view it. There's not always something to say reguarding every thread. I mean, what can I coment about Pablito's knowledge of Shana? I know I'll remain active wayyy into the future, even if it's just me and AI-Anahilator. Anyways, gotta go to work. See you guys later.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted July 20, 2004 01:03 PM            
To be fair, extra admins were brought in on a circular rota, each taking a turn in looking after the forum but there's enough activity for 1 to handle. IMO

IP:

pablito
posted July 20, 2004 03:15 PM            
you're right taxi but you are missing a point. Ras bidded 20,000 quatloos for my fragging experience; according to the UMES (universal monetary exchange system); He owes me $10,000! Now, isn't that something you may post about and let everyone know how happy you are for me?!? lol...

IP:

Irascible
posted July 21, 2004 04:26 AM            
Since "Ras" is nothing but an online persona with no legal status or verifiable income, just try and collect. The guy typing these letters out couldn't care less.

Well, that is unless you're being represented by the RIAA - in which case you'll have to excuse me as I purge all evidence of the existence of this "Ras". I mean come on. What the hell kind of name is that anyway and who would want it? No doubt they incorrectly pronounce it "raise" just like they incorrectly pronounce that other name "eraskibble". LOL!

IP:

pablito
posted July 21, 2004 12:31 PM            
WoHOO! Taking in consideration the posting's time reply, "Ras" mighta even been a fictional caracter then...
Nevertheless, I take my fraggin' and bids seriously. 20,000 quatloos was a lot of shahna action... I guess I won't be cleaning my apartment tonight...
RIAA has no records of you! next time you bid, put it on writing. :P

IP:

coaxs
posted July 21, 2004 05:30 PM            
lol, I say we all call ras kibble for now on.

IP:

Irascible
posted July 22, 2004 04:06 AM            
You can call me ras-kibble now. But I assure you that by the time I'm done with you online, you'll be my puppy chow.

Queue the latest commercial for Ras-Kibble:

quote:
Is your dog just too kind and soft spoken? Are you constantly wondering what he's really thinking? Do miniature French poodles push him around at the dog park? Give him the new and improved Ras-Kibble!

Ras-Kibble can turn any golden retriever into an emboldened berater. He'll bark more loudly, more often and THAT'S RIGHT... with more syllables! You won't have a clue what he's barking about but you'll know it won't stop anytime soon.

A healthier coat and shiny teeth are for limp wristed chiuauas. Give your dog Ras-Kibble and bring out the drooling bulldog in him today!

IP:

Irascible
posted July 22, 2004 04:15 AM            
Queue the five second spot:
quote:
Ras-Kibble... because it's wrong that every dog should be man's best friend.

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 22, 2004 06:12 PM            
Interesting views. I still love the game. I think we all agree it deserves more. I mean, Suemas did a wonderful job, this game won awards that weren't easily met. It's like nethack. Those who REALLY know about it are truly addicted, and the love affair never really goes away. I can't imagine not having it on every last computer I own. Don't take that lightly. Your name is still erasable in my book, ras. Btw, realize that for some death is only the beginning. I don't think we've seen the last of TM. But that's just me... perhaps I'll learn some great programming languages and make my own revisiting of Tread Marks... who knows. GTG to class soon. Have fun! Sorry I can't play more often...

IP:

VorDesigns
posted August 05, 2004 06:07 PM            
On Topic; the admins that are interested should get together and decide whether it matters.
Off topic; TM development isn't dead, it's in remission. Maybe LDA could put out a reqfor developers and give us a spec sheet of what is need to dev the game as it currently stands.
There have to be enough coders on this board to update the game.
Corrections; Ishkabibble but, you can Babylon you want.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP: