This topic is 16 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  |
Author Topic:   CAT-CLAN sign-up
pablito
posted July 16, 2004 10:53 PM            
Greetings,
This is a trial manisfestation of what has become a personal goal: to be in a clan that come together and knows my name!
SO, there are 3 players interested in joining so far (1 for sure); I was hoping there would be more. If you are one of them please sign-up!
Build a name for yourself! I guarantee all: 4 players in this clan would be more than sufficient to start claiming positions
Please don't get too excited, there are some people that are expecting this to fail to probably throw it to my face for as long as I keep fragging them... but I like this game, would like to keep playing for a while, and would like to have a clan I can post the active/inactive players, rather than wait for someone to claim me.
Thank you for your cooperation.
** This is an effort to start a new clan. Please post if interested. Any comments are welcome.
** This also manifests stepping down from DNX. I thank you for signing me up and good luck!
If the CAT-CLAN doesn't come alive. Then have fun on the Clan Battles!
peace.

[This message has been edited by pablito (edited October 07, 2004).]

IP:

Irascible
posted July 17, 2004 02:25 AM            
This is a trial manisfestation of the personal goal to join a converging clan that knows your name??? Well since you put it that way... ;^)

Despite my previously posted skepticism as to your long term chances, I wish you luck. And if the CAT clan doesn't come alive, there are other converging clans that will manifestly know your name on more than a trial basis. :^)

IP:

pablito
posted July 17, 2004 02:48 AM            
Thank you for your honesty and candor :|
I would be honor to frag for a clan that knows me in a off-site trial basis... Let's see what happens to this one
I think some of you need more competition... monolopies of players might destroy the whole! anyways.. if it doesn't happen then I would be open to your kindly bids. (Might take some time to join another... the sheets are still warm
lol. peace!

IP:

Irascible
posted July 18, 2004 02:11 AM            
20,000 quatloos.

If you get the reference you are a true geek. If you've accidentally called your wife/girlfriend Shahna, then you're both psychotic and overly confident of your chances.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 18, 2004 09:37 PM            
Lack of DNX representation... hmm, and your 4 posts on our forum in the last 5 months shows your participation REALLY well.

Good luck with CAT, if you need a forum you actually feel like posting on, drop me a line.

Oh ya, thx for letting us know ... NOT !

IP:

pablito
posted July 18, 2004 10:00 PM            
I tried going back to the dnx forum.. but the recent topics are about matching words or something, I also have a hard time trying to read messages, the server boots me out... + the last time I was browsing the site I kinda got creeped-out... not really into half of the stuff proposed to the public... Sorry Matrix, but I actually tried to post my resignation at your forum and I couldn't... maybe my password expired... you guys have enough players and probably won't miss me eitherway... I do thank you for having me... ....I open this thread because of people's suggestions.. but they havent' showed up or maybe they are not interested anymore... I guess lack of represantion mighta been a little "too" much.. But like you said, you are into other games for the moment (UT & 1942) meanwhile I'm playing by myself in a clan battle... again... thank you for letting me be part of you clan and have fun playing other games... I should do the same but I can't afford to spend more time sitting in front of my pc playing games... 1 more video-game addiction and I will totally erase myself from public relations....
Would drop you a line but my login rights don't let me post! so... take care.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 18, 2004 11:34 PM            
I havent finished creating the CAT posting rules yet, but you are most welcome to post as and if you see fit. Ill finish it up tomorrow as i didnt expect you would be up this late.

Thx for the email too, cant imagine why i didnt get one sooner if you tried, but alls fair in love and war. No hard feelings, as i said b4, good luck with CAT, and if you do require a forum, let me know

Matrix.

IP:

pablito
posted July 19, 2004 09:23 AM            
I won't even bother with those rules.. as you may see no one has signed up lol...
There were a few that said they would but I'm not stressing on this subject; I just wanted to see what happened...
Peace!

IP:

pablito
posted July 19, 2004 09:27 AM            
Sorry Ras, I guess I'm not geeky nor psychotic enough!?

IP:

Irascible
posted July 19, 2004 01:38 PM            
Not old enough is more like it. Thanks for making me feel old.

IP:

pablito
posted July 19, 2004 06:32 PM            
Can't help it if I'm still in my twenties' lol...
Don't worry I'll get there soon enough..

IP:

Irascible
posted July 19, 2004 09:15 PM            
You'll get older but you still won't know who Shahna or what a quatloo is.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted July 19, 2004 09:30 PM            
Well someone must have Total Recall

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

coaxs
posted July 19, 2004 11:16 PM            
I remember seeing that movie in the theater. I wasn't allowed to see an R rated movie for some time after that.

IP:

KONG
posted July 20, 2004 12:07 AM            
Kong likes Shahna

------------------
All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.

IP:

pablito
posted July 20, 2004 11:19 AM            
I said I'm young.... not stupid, lol!
Shahna:
Drill thrall on the planet Triskelion. Shahna's species is unclear, it is not known which world the Providers of Triskelion kidnapped her or her ancestors from, she had green hair. In the 2260s, Shahna was responsible for training incoming thrall James Kirk to fight in the arena of the providers. During her time with him, the two became very close, and he taught her his human culture's ideas about personal freedom, and later convinced the Providers to release the thralls to lead self-determined lives. ("The Gamesters of Triskelion" [TOS]). Played by Angelique Pettyjohn. Shahna was the original tinfoil bikini wearing Kirk conquest, and Angelique Pettyjohn has appeared at many conventions, and even in photos wearing only the bottom half (!) of the Shahna costume.

quatloo:
Form of currency used by the disembodied Providers of Triskelion. The Providers would bet quatloos on the outcome of gladiatoral competition between their humanoid captives, the Thralls. ("The Gamesters of Triskelion" [TOS #46]).

**Couldn't get in the trekky movement... i was more into "V"; now they were the hottest aliens I have ever encounter

IP:

yugo2
posted July 21, 2004 12:23 AM         

I spoke with Pablito before my flyfishing trip (just got back) and am ready to join the

CAT CLAN

Getting fired up to kick some A for the team.

Yugo

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 21, 2004 01:29 AM            
Seems like the CAT clan may need its posting permissions after all lol, LDA doesnt allow Yugo to use his full name here, i on the other hand dont give a rats

IP:

pablito
posted July 21, 2004 02:22 AM            
Welcome back Yugo! and thanks for signing up!!

* 1 more player and it's official? ^_^

**Matrix: what did you refer about LDA not letting use Yugo's whole name? I don't get it...

I wonder what happened to the other 2 players that wanted to join... maybe they need another invitation... but if you can read this... now it's the time to start fragging for good!!! There are only "experienced" clans out there, we need some fresh blood! and teach them something new please consider joining...TY!
* nice "experienced" players are also welcome unless you are the best one from your clan, lol (that will break the equilibrium)...

IP:

Irascible
posted July 21, 2004 04:14 AM            
Oh man. Did you have to ask? :P
The last I saw, "Yugo" is a suggestion that you should go. The last half is a suggestion as to where you should go. It's one of many classy names such as Uck, Kcuf and the Dark Night of the Kalua.
(That last one will make a certain youngster go ballistic. )

IP:

corpse
posted July 21, 2004 06:45 AM            
YUGO
was that the ****ty car from the USSR ?
you go and it don't

Yugo

Q. How do you make a Yugo go faster?
A. With a towtruck.

Q. What do you call the shock absorbers inside a Yugo?
A. Passengers.

Two guys in a Yugo were arrested last night in Oakland following a push-by shooting incident.

The new Yugo has an air bag. When you sense an impending accident, start pumping real fast.

A friend went to a dealer the other day and said, "I'd like a gas cap for my Yugo." The dealer replied, "Okay. Sounds like a fair trade."

Q. How can you get a Yugo to do 60 miles an hour?
A. Push it over a cliff.

Q. Why were sidewalks invented?
A. So Yugo owners would have a safe place to walk home

Q. How do you double the value of a Yugo.
A. Fill the gas tank.

Q. What do you call a Yugo at the top of a hill?
A Miracle!

Q: What do you call two Yugos at the top of a hill?
A: A mirage.

Q. Why do Yugos have heated rear windows?
A. To keep your hands warm when pushing in winter.

Q. Why are all Yugo owners going to heaven?
A. Because they’ve already been in hell.

Q. What do you call a Yugo with dual exhaust?
A. A wheelbarrow.

Q. What’s the difference between a Yugo and a golf ball?
A. You can drive a golf ball 200 yards.

Q. What’s the difference between a Yugo and a shopping cart?
A. A shopping cart is easier to push.

Q. What's the difference between a Yugo and the principal's office?
A. It's less embarrassing if your friends see you in the principal's office.

Q: What goes on pages 4-5 of the Yugo user's manual?
A: The train & bus schedule.

Q: What is the sport-version of Yugo?
A: The driver wears Nike shoes.

Q: How do you make a Yugo look good?
A: Park it between two Mercedes!

Q: What to you call a Yugo with brakes?
A: Customized.

Q: What do you have to do if your Yugo gets in the way of a swarm of killer bees?
A: Stop pushing and take refuge into the car.

Q: What is the Yugo owner's most ardent wish?
A: To buy a car.

Q: What do you call a Yugo with a seat belt?
A: A rucksack.

Q: How do you make a Yugo go faster uphill?
A: Throw out the passenger.

Q: How do you make a Yugo go faster downhill?
A: Turn off the engine.

Q: What do you call a Yugo with a flat tire?
A: A write off.

I can see you've got a new car - a Yugo!
Yes, I won the second prize in a contest.
What was the first prize then?
A fruit-basket!

Yugo will be introducing three new vehicles next year. They will have a mo-ped called an "I Go". They will have a 4-door called a "We Go". They will also have a new station wagon called the "Y'all Go".

------------------
you can't kill whats already dead !

LMMFAO!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 21, 2004 11:45 AM            
Yugo was made in the former Yugoslavia...

IP:

pablito
posted July 21, 2004 12:11 PM            
okk........
Well, thank you Corpse for that long list of yugo's (CAR) related jokes. Thanks for stoping by and giving your insight in this tread I must say some of them were really funny and I did LMAO for a minute.
I got another unexpected response.... *STARTING THE CLAN IS NOT THE OBJECTIVE, but to get cool people that we can chat/have fun with/get along and make this clan last as much as possible...
*For example, even so we need 1 more player to kick this off; I wouldn't take someone I know has disrespect me or others for no reason in the forum or chatting while playing.... I would say the prerequesites to join the clan is to follow the 10 commandments but that would eliminate 85% of the world... so... if you're "nice" please consider joining ....
TY!

IP:

THETAXI
posted July 21, 2004 01:03 PM            
Lol! You funny. Lol!

IP:

yugo2
posted July 21, 2004 11:40 PM         

Well its nice to see someone has a sense of humor around here corpe. All of us here in the eastern block are quite proud of this fine vehicle, the Yugo, in which many of us took our first family vacations (all eighteen of us), made our first potato pizza delivery, and inevitably lost our virgin identity on the spacious backseat springs, requisite with the finest racing vinyl the Iron Curtain had to offer. And about in that order too.

Sometimes its nice to have a window that you don't have to roll down (it doesn't roll up), a gas tank you can fill with hooch if the pumps are down, and a great view of the backside of all the faster cars out there.

And when you drive it playing treadmarks, its that much more satisfying to crush the new-fangled opposition, seated (and then dethroned) in their liquid or low-profile green tanks that seem so trendy these days. Don't get me wrong, I like fragging the steel guys too. Don't want to discriminate- we feel strongly about that around here.

Anyway, thats all I have to say now- I'm already late for CTF. Oh yeah, Ras, I love your fire tongue. Sorry I fragged you so badly last night. You ought to join the CAT team by the way- we're gonna have a lot of fun.

:J (trumpet blower announces the new Clan)

IP:

This topic is 16 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16