|
Author Topic:   Canada Day
Teulk
posted July 01, 2004 11:58 AM            
To and for all my Canadian counterparts...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA!!!!!!

IP:

coaxs
posted July 01, 2004 03:01 PM            
happy c-day

IP:

posted July 01, 2004 03:37 PM            
yes...happy Canada day

------------------
Ifrit CTF…every Tuesday, 8 PM Pacific…starting in April
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted July 02, 2004 04:53 PM            
Happy belated birthday to yoooooooowa. So how old are ya then?

IP:

Teulk
posted July 03, 2004 01:59 PM            
137 years old---give or take a day!!!

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted July 04, 2004 07:33 AM            
Still quite young then, we been around since befor the Egyptions. who knows when our bithday is.

IP:

Teulk
posted July 04, 2004 02:44 PM            
C'mon----HAPPY BIRTHDAY U.S.A.!!!!
YOU TURN TODAY!!!
CELEBRATE!!!
i'LL HAVE AN ICE TEA FOR YOU GUYS--LOTS OF ICE!!

IP:

synack
posted July 04, 2004 05:29 PM         
Thanks, Teulk (on behalf of my 293,654,051 fellow Americans, that is)!! <== based on US Census estimates as of the time of this post.

I believe this makes us 228 years old. Still a youngster, by Euro-standards, I know. I think when we grow up, we're gonna turn out just fine.

[This message has been edited by synack (edited July 04, 2004).]

IP:

Teulk
posted July 04, 2004 05:32 PM            
you've got all the time in the world--no rush!!!

IP:

VorDesigns
posted July 08, 2004 12:47 PM            
Uh, can we get a fact check on the older than the Egyption empire quip?

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted July 09, 2004 03:10 PM            
Not 100% proof but there is an item found in england, not sure what they called it, the moon and stars plate or somthing like that, with carbon dating they say predates Egypt by some yrs. Not far behind is, Scara brae, Which dates to about 5000 bc and was a village on the Orkneys during the neolithic period when it was supposed we were still living in caves.

IP:

VorDesigns
posted July 09, 2004 04:39 PM            
Oh, I see.

The collective we being linked to the folk wiped out during Hadrian's (sp) time and on back.

OK, in that case, that ought to make Hawaii the youngest nation in the world, oh, wait a minute, the British started killing them off with venerial disease and the common cold and then the US has been working on finishing us off since the 1800's.

N'Mind.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

Irascible
posted July 09, 2004 04:46 PM            
lol Vor

I think you qualify as one of the few people with more latent anger than even I. I bet you could list the wrongs done to Native Americans and Hawaiians alike going back for a few thousand years.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted July 09, 2004 06:54 PM            
You got it Vor. Don`t it just make ya marvel at what this small island has achieved?
People are people, don`t matter where you come from, if you have the power you are gonna wipe out your neighbour if they got somthing you want. It has always been that way and always will.

IP:

pablito
posted July 09, 2004 09:06 PM            
As a fellow native american descendant:
F society!... is not law to take what is not given to you... it's men's greed that destroyed civilization after civilization...
But hey.. everything happens for a reason... it's not my world either but G-d's.. therefore I limit myself to say:
Peace be upon you... but if you don't share peace, then get the *#@! out of this planet

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted July 10, 2004 04:49 AM            
Right on Pablo. I have to disagree on the god bit though as you probably know. It is our world to do whatever we choose, sad fact is we choose to **** it up.

IP:

VorDesigns
posted July 14, 2004 02:53 AM            
RAS,

Not latent, it just bristles every once in a while.

LIKE WHEN I GET SPAWN FRAGGED, OR A SuperUnsafeVehicle DRIVES IN THE FAST LANE OR .....AND......

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

Irascible
posted July 15, 2004 02:09 AM            
I have 8,000 pounds of extended cargo van goodness that routinely sees the fast lane. But at least it's not one of those evil SUVs.

IP: